1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
vs.

First Leg: FC Barcelona vs. Wisla Kraków

Camp Nou (Barcelona, Spain) | Weds, Aug 13th | 22:00

The real start of the season. Can Barca beat Wisla? Should be interesting to say the least..​

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Youngie, can you provide us with a full profile on the current Wisla squad? I don't know anything about them..

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
haha, im flying to barcelona tomorrow and now we are playing at home :):):)

should be easy enough to get tickets?

my gf says i can go if i dont drag her round on the stadium tour....for a 5th time.

will mean ive seen liverpool v lazio, spurs destroy roma and barcelona kill wisla all in 6 days :)

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
I've read that the stadium will be almost packed on Wednesday.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
got my tickets online so they are delivered to my hotel (used company before)

bit pricey (75€ for CAT1) but at least i get them....
Good for you. Now hope they will play some nice football at Camp Nou. We need a good result for the second leg.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It is important to achieve a good result to avoid any kind of surprise. As always, important not to receive any goal from the rival in the Camp Nou, so we'll have to show some improvement in this aspect. I hope we can keep our efficiency in attack too.

It'd be nice to see a Camp Nou with a good attendance. The team need the support of the crowd.

·
Registered
117 Posts
who was it we meet when we won 8-0 I think with a Ronaldinho hattrick, wasn't it against Wisla Krakow? I'm not sure.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
5-0 this one no doubt.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
So, this is Éireannach season start?

Youngie, if Eto'o stays this year, you will remind us of him. You were both on the way out, but now he scores for Barça and you officially started the season with the 1st match thread.

Let's get into that Shampoo League, I can't wait to see Pep's team in official match.

Visca el Barça!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Probably it will be the same 11 played against Red Bull but i like this better

V.Valdés
D.Alvés-Márquez-Puyol-Abidal
Keita
Xavi-Touré
Iniesta-Etóo-Pedro​

27-0, Puyol with all the goals

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
I expect us to win at least +3, we'll score so many that it will be pointless if we concede one or two. Culed mentioned effectiveness of polish cavalry, but this one will be like the beginning of the WW II, where polish lance cavalry was against german tanks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Finally the season is staring :) I wanna see us scoring 4, 5 goals and half of it coming from Eto'o.
But this games are different, I expect Wisla to park a bus in front of their goal and we'll have to score fast, hopefully in first 20 minuts. If we do that, then we'll win by many. In the end, I'll be happy with any win, as long as we don't concede it.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
I collected some data about our opposition, I waited for spanish journalists to do it, no such article was published yet.

Wisla (believe it or not: it's read: "viswa") has only two current internationals: one Polish NT player who was in the Euro 2008 squad -- Lobodzinski and one Costarican current NT player (Junior Diaz, 18 caps). Their second Polish NT player in Euro 2008 Kokoszka was sold to Italian Empoli. They have 3 older Polish players who in the past accumulated some 30 caps, but are not part of the Polish NT anymore. Their Czech starting midfielder Jirsak (24 yrs) has some 20 caps for U21 Czech NT. And that's all folks.

Still the squad is quite internationalized with number of Latin Americans (2 Brazilians, 1 Argentinian, 1 Costarican) and Eastern Europeans (1 Czech, 1 Slovak, 1 Molodovan, 1 Romanian).

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
I expect us to win at least +3, we'll score so many that it will be pointless if we concede one or two. Culed mentioned effectiveness of polish cavalry, but this one will be like the beginning of the WW II, where polish lance cavalry was against german tanks.
so.....

Barcelona = Nazis :D

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I collected some data about our opposition, I waited for spanish journalists to do it, no such article was published yet.

Wisla (believe it or not: it's read: "viswa") has only two current internationals: one Polish NT player who was in the Euro 2008 squad -- Lobodzinski and one Costarican current NT player (Junior Diaz, 18 caps). Their second Polish NT player in Euro 2008 Kokoszka was sold to Italian Empoli. They have 3 older Polish players who in the past accumulated some 30 caps, but are not part of the Polish NT anymore. Their Czech starting midfielder Jirsak (24 yrs) has some 20 caps for U21 Czech NT. And that's all folks.

Still the squad is quite internationalized with number of Latin Americans (2 Brazilians, 1 Argentinian, 1 Costarican) and Eastern Europeans (1 Czech, 1 Slovak, 1 Molodovan, 1 Romanian).
Interesting (read: who needs to know where they are from we need to know how good they are:pp)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts