Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 50th season of European club competition reaches a defining moment this Friday when the draw for the first knockout stage of the Champions League takes place at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
The draw will be at 12:00 CET

One of these teams:

Monaco
Leverkusen
Juventus
Lyon
Arsenal
Milan
Inter
Chelsea

Will play one of these teams

Liverpool
Real Madrid
Bayern
Manchester
PSV
Barca:yuck:
Bremen
Porto

Let the draw begin..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Here's my prediction:

AS Monaco vs Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen vs Liverpool
Juventus vs FC Porto
Lyon vs Barcelona
Arsenal vs Werder Bremen
AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven
Inter Milan vs Manchester United
Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Let's just see how many I can get correct :cap:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
prediction and predicted scores over 2 legs.

Chelsea v Barca 2-4
Arsenal v Real Madrid 6-1 :D (watch Fenomeno explode with rage :D)
United v Milan 3-4
Liverpool v Juventus 0-1 :D
Inter v Bayern 4-5
Monaco v Porto 9-9 (Monaco win on away goals) :D
Leverkusen v PSV 4-5
Lyon v Bremen 8-1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
My guess:

Monaco - PSV: Monaco
Leverkusen - Barca: Barca
Juventus - Manchester: Manchester
Lyon - Bremen: Lyon
Arsenal - Real Madrid: Arsenal
Milan - Porto: Milan
Inter - Liverpool: Inter
Chelsea - Bayern: Chelsea
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
17,146 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
prediction and predicted scores over 2 legs.

Chelsea v Barca 2-4
Arsenal v Real Madrid 6-1 :D (watch Fenomeno explode with rage :D)
United v Milan 3-4
Liverpool v Juventus 0-1 :D
Inter v Bayern 4-5
Monaco v Porto 9-9 (Monaco win on away goals) :D
Leverkusen v PSV 4-5
Lyon v Bremen 8-1
Jerny,
Where do I sign amigo?:lick: :star::stuckup:

Cheers.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
prediction and predicted scores over 2 legs.
Liverpool v Juventus 0-1 :D
Hehe, when Trezeguet comes back, we'll see how many goals we get per game.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
prediction and predicted scores over 2 legs.

Chelsea v Barca 2-4
Arsenal v Real Madrid 6-1 :D (watch Fenomeno explode with rage :D)
United v Milan 3-4
Liverpool v Juventus 0-1 :D
Inter v Bayern 4-5
Monaco v Porto 9-9 (Monaco win on away goals) :D
Leverkusen v PSV 4-5
Lyon v Bremen 8-1
Only 3-4?? dangerous to insult or underestimate the Rossoneri, Jern - you'll bring bad luck on us :smileani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Please God whatever you do, don't give us Juve.

After watching Makelele, Lampard, Tiago being bossed by Flamini and Fabregas, I say bring on Chelsea. That team is a bit overrated.

Bring Arsenal any day. Their team is build for EPL.

Barca - Monaco :D

By us I mean Barca btw ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
CMBurns said:
Bring Arsenal any day. Their team is build for EPL.
Personally, I was hoping we'd structure our play like they play in the Czech Republic, because we don't play in England at all ... :howler:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
khimik said:
Personally, I was hoping we'd structure our play like they play in the Czech Republic, because we don't play in England at all ... :howler:
Weird watching football in Czech Republic - the word they shout for 'good', 'nice play' is hezky - pronounced hesky, which i always associate with a player making a right balls-up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
I know we are going to hear complaints like "This draw was fixed". Which games will you consider "fixed"?

Monaco vs Manchester :United always drawn against the weakest opponent
Leverkusen vs Porto
Juventus vs Liverpool : All other English teams are not uefa fav's; give them tough opp
Lyon vs Real: see United above
Arsenal vs Barca : see liverpool above
Milan vs PSV :see United above
Inter vs Bremen
Chelsea vs Bayern : see Liverpool above
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
khimik said:
If you can't quite see who I want us to draw, then you need to be slapped. :).
I thought Arsenal actually wanted to do well in Europe this season?

Getting sent packing by Real Madrid before you even reach the QF's is hardly ideal, is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
Weird watching football in Czech Republic - the word they shout for 'good', 'nice play' is hezky - pronounced hesky, which i always associate with a player making a right balls-up!
:dielaugh: :dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
CMBurns said:
I know we are going to hear complaints like "This draw was fixed". Which games will you consider "fixed"?

Monaco vs Manchester :United always drawn against the weakest opponent
Leverkusen vs Porto
Juventus vs Liverpool : All other English teams are not uefa fav's; give them tough opp
Lyon vs Real: see United above
Arsenal vs Barca : see liverpool above
Milan vs PSV :see United above
Inter vs Bremen
Chelsea vs Bayern : see Liverpool above
Monaco is not the weakest team there. Its Porto or PSV...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
prediction and predicted scores over 2 legs.

Arsenal v Real Madrid 6-1 :D (watch Fenomeno explode with rage :D)
You mean explode with laughter, right?

If Bolton, Liverpool and Tottenham can stick 8 goals between them past Arsenal, I doubt Ronaldo and Zidane are having sleepless nights at the prospect of facing Arsenal.

By the way, Real Madrid have 9 clean sheets in 14 games, and have conceeded less than half of what Arsenal have.

Madrid also have all the big-game players and their experience, and with Arsenal's Champions League inferior complex certain to set in, you'll get knocked out, trust me.
 
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Top