Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bayern needs to win this match, no excuses!

Probable line-up:

Rensing - Oddo, Van Buyten, Lucio, Lahm - Van Bommel - Schweinsteiger, Zé Roberto, Ribery - Klose, Podolski

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Go Sporting.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
DRAW DRAW DRAW... if you draw I win £500

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Well it will either be an easy win or a very close encounter, nothing in between possible with this Bayern squad. If we finish our chances it will already be decided in leg one if not the worst that can happen would be a 1-0 Sporting that we then can still change in the second leg.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think 1-1... Bayern will equalise late and I win my bet :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3-0 Bayern! Penalty scored by Ribery. It seems that Bayern are playing well in Cup Championships (DFB+CL) but we suck in the League.

Anyhow, great result so far and a confidence booster for the game we will play in Bremen.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have to focus on playing Bremen, Leverkusen (DFB Cup) and Hannover.

The home match v Sporting, as Frank said, can be used to test young+reserve players. Such as we did playing against Anderlecht last season, as we beated them 5-0 at their place also. I just hope we dont loose against Sporting at Munich as we did against Anderlecht.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
well, that 5-0 serves two purposes, one boosts their confidence, two takes the pressure off a bit in the CL, because they know they are through, and the return leg isn't a match that will take toll on them, at least it will give their starters a chance to rest for more important matches in the future.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I had to miss watching it but it looks like everyone contributed.

Well I guess the defence, where our major weaknesses lie, didn't have much to do, but it looks like everyone was good in their half.

All except Schwieni, seems he had another stinker. We can't keep starting the game with 10 men for much longer.

I can't believe i'm saying this, but I'd rather start with Lell on the right than Schweini now.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Haha so much about the draw. Ribery, Toni and Klose is an awesome trio, and can defeat any team, but as you say, your defence may not be good enough.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
This was an unexpected away result. Astonishing scoreline. Whomever saw the first half an hour wouldn't have guessed the outcome. Bayern were completely dominated and our defense was lost. We were saved on a couple of occasions by some brave blocks from the defense. However, we must be thankful that we have a player like Ribery who can turn the match around with one moment of magic. His opener was a piece of sublime skill. That was the turning point of the match. This match though does not measure Bayern's strength compared to other European heavyweights. Ribery is the key for Bayern. If he ticks like yesterday, he doesn't stop ticking. The team's energy stems from him and his performance on the day.

Anyway, I am happy we finally kept a clean sheet though. A superb result that made my week. :)

Next is Bremen and I want a revenge for our embarrassing home defeat earlier this season. We need to turn out luck at home and starting climbing the ladder to our rightful position.

Go Bayern! :fero:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts