Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A terribly efficient and disciplined team.
It will be tough :stuckup:

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Better draw than Lyon who were unlucky to not get a crystal clear penalty in the extratime.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
It's actually a tougher draw than Lyon imo.

Milan need to take their chances and stay humble.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Politician said:
Milan need to take their chances and stay humble.
:thmbup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you won't have any problems with PSV, even we beat them in Europe so that shows their true level.:D

disciplined at the back but they won't worry you at all at the other end.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Psycho said:
Better draw than Lyon who were unlucky to not get a crystal clear penalty in the extratime.
PSV has got its luck tonight! Can't believe the referee didn't give that penalty to Lyon. :groan:

I had wished it would be Lyon. PSV is a very TOUGH team.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you won't have any problems with PSV, even we beat them in Europe so that shows their true level.:D
:howler: We should take them seriously anyway. :D

Do we play them at home first, or away?

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
At home, they said at Sky.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It was a terrible game today at Philips Stadium, specially PSV looked amazingly predictable and got very lucky to win. Lyon would've been harder definitely, though it won't be easy anyway.

Farfán and Hesselink had a bad day so 2/3 of their offense did nothing. Park on the other hand was impressive and so was Beasley when he cam in, a little bit crazy though, he doesn't seem to know when to stop running. Otherwise their should be their strong area, Hesselink is a good target man and Farfán ( whom I know very well) can be unstoppable on his day.

The rest of their team is alright. Cocu, Vogel and van Bommel are all very good midfielders, a little bit static today for most of the game and that was a problem. If you play only three midfielders and they are static you're going to have problems.

Defence is just ok. Lee on the left is good, Bouma doesn't seem too reliable, specially with ball on his feet, and Alex is very strong and has got a powerful shot which is not taken advantage of (set pieces are van Bommels), but he is kind of slow. Ooijer is just your average rightback, Sheva could destroy him when he goes to the left.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Psycho said:
Crystal clear my ass.

A. He started falling before Gomes' hands touched him.
B. He couldn't retrieve the ball either way.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
They usually play that 4-3-3, and to my taste they should press a lot more, they wait too much in their own half for a team that plays that formation. Today Lyon caused a lot of trouble in the first half without doing much.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
van said:
It was a terrible game today at Philips Stadium, specially PSV looked amazingly predictable and got very lucky to win. Lyon would've been harder definitely, though it won't be easy anyway.

Farfán and Hesselink had a bad day so 2/3 of their offense did nothing. Park on the other hand was impressive and so was Beasley when he cam in, a little bit crazy though, he doesn't seem to know when to stop running. Otherwise their should be their strong area, Hesselink is a good target man and Farfán ( whom I know very well) can be unstoppable on his day.

The rest of their team is alright. Cocu, Vogel and van Bommel are all very good midfielders, a little bit static today for most of the game and that was a problem. If you play only three midfielders and they are static you're going to have problems.

Defence is just ok. Lee on the left is good, Bouma doesn't seem too reliable, specially with ball on his feet, and Alex is very strong and has got a powerful shot which is not taken advantage of (set pieces are van Bommels), but he is kind of slow. Ooijer is just your average rightback, Sheva could destroy him when he goes to the left.
Alex is hella fast on short distance.
Ooijer is hard to get by.
Only Bouma is a liability.

·
Registered
56,291 Posts
i hope you will not have the referee we got.
we will always been focked up!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was really impressed by the way they outfoxed Lyon in Leg 1. It will be difficult. They are masters in hiding the ball :shades:

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Alex wil definitely have problems when Kaká takes the ball forward, I'll believe you if you say he's very fast, but that's not the impression I get from him, and I know him since his Santos days. Mistake prone I forgot, but still he's a fairly good defender.

Ooijer is just average though, hard to get by doesn't mean you can stop Sheva. ;)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
van said:
Alex wil definitely have problems when Kaká takes the ball forward, I'll believe you if you say he's very fast, but that's not the impression I get from him, and I know him since his Santos days. Mistake prone I forgot, but still he's a fairly good defender.

Ooijer is just average though, hard to get by doesn't mean you can stop Sheva. ;)
Alex is the best defender in Holland by far. Very fast on short distance, very good with his head. Powerful shot, good in 1on1 situations, he basically is the perfect defender :dazed: I wish Barcelona could buy him, but Chelsea has first option.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Diavolo said:
A terribly efficient and disciplined team.
It will be tough :stuckup:

Forza Milan :devil:
True. Tough opponent. But I'd prefer them to Lyon because Lyon have crazy attacking speed and are unpredicatable, which IMO is more dangerous to this Milan team.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts