Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
undisputedly in top 3 players in the World, we stop him we have a chance, we let him loose he can finish the game quickly like Bayern experienced...

i think this Barca is better than that of last year, but still everyone is human, we went to Anfield fearing catastrophe, left with chance to score 6 or 7 goals....if we show up, we will go throu, and hopefully get a Chelsea v Man scum repeat to avenge Moscow :proud:

i would play boswinga on the left, let essien lean to that side more, and personally would play Mikel in Nou camp rather than a slow ballack, and Kalou to take advantage of space and track back rather than anelka...

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
We need to play our game; I don't want us to conciede all the possession to Barca. Also Mikel and Essien behind Lampard would be the best move. Kalou and Malouda need to do alot of defensive work this game no excuses. Anelka has to be on the bench imo.

In Hiddink I trust. Massive game, we can get a good result if our players show all their capabilities.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Without any doubt, play at the Nou Camp is the most difficult job these days. We have to do an excellent match if we want to survive.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
We have to take the game to them. Just like at Anfield.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
undisputedly in top 3 players in the World, we stop him we have a chance

The player who you guys should be most worried about on Tuesday is Andres Iniesta. He is a genius and if you guys concentrate all your efforts on stopping Messi then i have a feeling Iniesta will make you suffer because of it. At this very moment Iniesta is the most in form/best player in the world...and yes that includes the Messi, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc. Iniesta is at the heart of everything good Barca\are doing at the minute.

Anyway, all i came here to say was best of luck over the 2 legs. Let's hope for no injuries for either side and a clean game and may the best team win. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
The key in this game is making sure that Barca do not score early. From what I have seen this season, when they score early the players seem to just see it as an opportunity to score two or three more goals in the same half. In order for Chelsea to get a good result I think that Chelsea have to make sure they press the Barca players all over the pitch. Lampard, Ballack and Essien are all hardworkers so I can see this happening.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I have been so lost with these exams and all the work, I totally forgot we were playing tonight, thinking it was tomorrow. Anyway, hopefully we come away with something positive (not get beating to a point where it is humiliating). We should go there, and also do what we did at Liverpool, which was create and attack when needed.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
best thing you can hope for is damage limitation and hope for a flukey set-piece, a 3-1 defeat would be a good result for you.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
this party needs to start now!!!

·
Legend
1,550 Posts
Bosingwa: 1
Messi: 0

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
FT 0-0

How boring.
So what. We went there and done a very good job defensively. Prevented a team score that has been scoring more than 4. Half job is not done however, because they are very capable of beating us at home, but the chances have definitely increased.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Sheer torture I hope this isnt the plan for the second leg; cause I wouldnt be able to stand it. Whole midfield didnt do anything in attack; Malouda was awfull considering him and Drogba were the only attacking players. Drogba should have scored instead tried to go by Valdes on the fallow up; Lampard invisible for the most part wasnt given much time on ball and didnt look comftorble. Ballack was by far the worst and I can't really explain how he is still in the first team; did **** all and should have been subbed before Lampard. Essien didnt do enough getting forward which was obviously bad.

As a whole we were fortunate not to conceed but must provide much more in the second leg.

Good performance by Cech and the defense thought. Mikel also did well with his duties.

Also subs should have been made earlier Kalou for Malouda and Anelka for Ballack; Lampard should have stayed on he might have came into the game latter on.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts