Who will reach the final in Istanbul?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first leg to be played in Milan on Tuesday the 26th

So will the dream continue? :cool:

PSV still haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a game if you take away that game against Panathinaikos where they didn't bother and against the CLs highest scoring side, Lyon, the trait continued so at the back they shouldn't leak too many even against Milan imo although Bouma better have one of his better days.

Midfield physically and staminawise PSV can compete with anyone imo but a problem I think will be up front. We all know what Vennegoor can or cannot do. From set-pieces he will be dangerous but against defenders of the quality of Nesta and Stam, you'll need something more. You at least need more pace imo and should be able to do something more with the ball than to only chest it down than Vennegoor. So like I said it might be in PSVs interest to see in the next few league games (cos face it, PSV have already won it) if Robert has the qualities to not only hold the ball like lange Jan but also has the ability to skill and pace to run with the ball which Vennegoor can't do.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I`m not even going to vote, this poll answers itself.

A chance for PSV to book a first win this CL on a quality opponent. Since Monaco doesn`t count as such.

I don`t think they got a chance at all in honesty. Milan will cruise.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Milan has more quality and more experience, I think that over 2 games we will pass, but I respect PSV so much for what they have done so far this season. If Kaka and Sheva are in a good day we will pass for sure but like I said everything is possible!

·
Registered
225 Posts
absolutely true il_capitano!..in any day, when milan is on-form and has a right attitude..we can cruise anyone....the trick lies in how you approach toward a game vs PSV-a team that has already done a lot! it is a respected side, has already won this cup in 1988, has a good coach, and a very well organized and disciplined team.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Maybe PSV can surprise a little in the first match, but I think in the end Milan will go through. Just because they are the better team. Too much class and too much experience to struggle against PSV.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Laporta said:
PSV will advance. Milan might be more experienced, but PSV wants it more.
:D ... and Milan doesn't want it? :tongue:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No they don't. They are just a bunch of overpaid and ruthless mercenaries.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
They are just a bunch of overpaid and ruthless mercenaries.
We're not talking about Inter in this thread, Pulsar. Inter are out of the CL, remember?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
PSV Fans. To the hardcore fans. The Milan players will try to incite you but don't give in and don't give in to their attempts to get your fans riled and do something stupid.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Also Ruffian, why don't you explain to the PSV fans how the Curva Sud dropped liquids onto the Inter fans on the bottom tier?

YEs, I have a friend in the Adriano GOL Club who got hit continously. Explain that, but explain it by PM, cuz I feel I have gone over boundaries by polluting this thread, though it is warranted since people must be warned of the evil emprire that is Milan.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Also Ruffian, why don't you explain to the PSV fans how the Curva Sud dropped liquids onto the Inter fans on the bottom tier?
Maybe they wanted to put out the flares. :howler: Anyway, no Inter fan with half a brain would sit below the Curva Sud, except as provocation.

Back on topic: I'm expecting two very difficult games against PSV, who are a well organized team with a solid defense. It won't be easy. Milan can do it, but of course there's no guarantee they will... :scared:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I would watch out for Beasley, he can do wonders against Cafu...

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Ruffian said:
Maybe they wanted to put out the flares. :howler:
Hehehe nice comeback :howler:

;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
It is over for milan...i will there w/ a burning flare in my hand ready to stick it up in a Milan ass playa :thmbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ac milan - PSV 2-0
PSV - AC Milan 1-1

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
PSV are a good team and they have great credit for being in the CL semi-finals and almost Dutch champions this season. They're a very strong side when playing home but, honestly, I don't see them beating this Milan in both legs. In my opinion, either Park, Beasley or Farfán are good players (and quite promising) but they are "light weights" for Milan defending. Hesselink is much stronger than them but I don't think he has too much mobility to beat some tight marking on him. van Bommel might be in a very good season but he can't do it alone. PSV's goals during 1/8 finals and 1/4 finals, apart from Cocu's in Lyon and Beasley's in Monaco, were mostly following dead-ball plays and Milan are almost unbeatable in that issue. Anyway, I think the key point is PSV's relative light weight attack on the wings.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts