• A loss :finger:

Votes: 6 24.0%
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Biggest Game Possible:Real Madrid v Barcelona

Okay,maybe it's too early,but I just feel it's never too early for such a HUGE game.Really,I am just TOO ****ing excited about this one.I can't think of anything else since yesterday.:eek: labas,i was having some similar problems to you,but man,has this taken my mind off it.:D:stuckup:

Well,as we all know,the fact that Real are a better team(which is unquestionable) will not matter.It will all come down to who keeps their nerve.Rexach's come out and effectively said that he'd have preferred Bayern,and Zizou' s said he hopes the crowd's as great as they were last night.

Just wanna say,the commentators were giving the Bernabeu crowd some crap last nite for what they did.:D But I didn't mind it all.I thought the crowd were magnifique.:kiss: I think one of the top 3 performances I have ever seen by the Berrnabeu crowd in recent years,atleast in terms of lifting the players.:star:

Man,is this huge.:eekani:Just imagine,these 2 enemies have the chance to represent Spain in the the UCL Final,and if theyf ail,it will be the team they most hate representing Spain.We all nkow the political angle in the Real-Barca rivalry,well,this is where it is gonna be aruably more relevant than at anytime.

First leg at Nou Camp,do we put out the same eleven that played so well there in the draw this season,or change something?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
as BiG as the rivarly of a Real:star: Barca :yuck: game. specially for a place in the UCL finals I feel that the biggest enemy was Bayern, for this two reasons

1. all the crap talk, from Bayern players after they beated us in Munich, things like we have not guts, pretty boys cant handdle pressure, and stuff like that made the Mardridismo real mad, but We all knew that the only way to shout them up was beating them at Madrid.

2. the crowd factor, the Bernabeu crowd couldnt resist any other failure in Madrid, specially after the King s Cup collapse :mad: , Real players did know it, they felt the pressure and the Bayern M. players did not help at all, they are probably the hardest team to beat in the world, I just hope we dont see those guys next year in the UCL.

So i say the new Real -Bayern rivarly of the last 4 years have been incredible, if we wouldt have failed in Madrid, just imagine the Baryen players, the world sports media laughing at us. But we prevailed, we show the world you can combine mental strengh with class.

Barca is a different story, they live in our shadow every single move we made they are watching up, im not afraid of them, I think they are running out of luck,

nobody is gonna stop us, now our two worst possible encounters
are now gone Bayern and Depor (the lethal Depor, that is)
Man Utd without Beck and Keane are not the same
Leverkusen are good but not as good as the Merengues

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Lets be real guys. We know nothing on paper has any value, just remember how we won in 98, and 2000. Playing well when it matters is all that counts, and over 2 legs, or one final, ANYTHING is possible.

I completly agree that the crowd will be VERY important. Lets face it, the Nou Camp will treat the first leg as if its the final itself, and they should. We need to step-up big in that one more then anything, and come out with a positive result like we did in Liga at Nou Camp. Cesar is now more prepared to handle pressure. I am guessing we will start that same formation, with Guti starting over Moro. It makes perfect sense. I am looking for Zidane and Raul again to step up. Zidane wants the CL, its the only trophy remaining in his cabinet more or less, and he seems to be really playing better in big encounters. Raul has really gone goal-fasting for a long time, and he didn't score in either Barca game this year though coming so close. Barca is one of the teams he has scored most against in history, can his fasting continue? i would be very shocked if it did.

We just need to play calm and pass the ball well like the Nou Camp game exactly, of the Bayern first leg, not lose temper, and lose concentration (the last 8 minutes of Bayern). We do that, we will not lose at Nou Camp, and are 50% in.

In the return leg, we need Moro to start, and if we are down, again send the diamond and go full blast. However, we really need to bring that kind of spirit and those kind of crowds to that game. I have never seen Bernabeu as wild as against Bayern, never against Barca are the fans that hyper. We really need that, Barca get them from their fans against us more then any other time in the year.

Lets face it, for Barca, the idea of stopping us in our centenary is more appealing then advancing themselves. They will give us all they have, and though they have been inconsistent, again, it takes 2 good performances and thats it.

If we advance over them, beating Bayern and Barca to make the final would be an amazing accomplishment :proud: but right now, its 50-50, and we can't afford to screw this up.

·
Registered
879 Posts
well.. I know this subject will eventually get much more heated... I just hope there is some intelligent football discussion mixed in.

As for the comments above. there are several reasons why I think that barcelona has a good chance.

1. both times this year, RM beat us, can you outplay us 4 times? give the nature of the 2-leg format.. I think a team has to play well in both legs to win. I don't think we can be beaten so many times in a row.

2. injuries.. yes they are part of the game, but I think particularly anderssons injury will be crucial... If he is able to play.. it could mean alot for us. rivo, overmars, and enrique returning to form.

3. pressure. we all know that our team does not usually respond well to pressure... somehow that was different againt pana.. when down 0-1.. but for the most part.. our club underachieves... Nobody but barcelona and fans expect the club to beat madrid. everybody knows madrid is better on paper. Granted the game at the nou camp will have alot of pressure.. but I think there is more on madrid.

4. intangibles. the political nature of the rivalry was already alluded to.. well.. I can't appreciate that as much as somebody from madrid or barcelona.. but I think its true that our fans would rather see madrid lose than win anything ourselves. There is no other rivalry that is more bitter.. because it is so political. I think, in these situations.. the underdog (barc,a in this case) has the edge.

5. luck. well.. we have been a lucky team to draw pana..BUT unlucky to draw roma and liverpool.. unlucky to draw lyon and bayer leverkusen in the 1ST ROUND!!! unlucky to lost figo for 1st leg in 1999-2000. unlucky with the milan goalkeeper in 2000-1. Actually pretty much unlucky in the CL for 10years. there is more luck for us left, but this prediction is weakest.

Finally, I would like to say that I think you probably have the most talented squad left.. especially if you include figo, but alas, he will only play in the home leg. Much to my chagrin your squad has come together and gelled. It seemed as if the detractors at the beginning of the season (myself included) were correct that the squad could never survive with the egos of both figo and zidane, but apparently.. it has. I think that ManU, Real, and Barc,a are the most powerful clubs in the world.. its only expected I suppose that they should be in the final 4.

Long after this tie is over, people will recall it as one of the greatest 2-legs in the history of football. Not only because it will be exciting and well played football.. but because it means soo much more to soo many people. I can only hope it is our side that will be celebrating under the lights of the the santiago bernabeu stadium.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
This game is really mouthwatering...... above that its el classico, its the semi final of the UCL!!!!!! so it should have it all there.. i have never seen Real - Barca in a knockoutstage in the CL..... so this will have an extra edge to this el classico! im really so excited! as much as all the Real and Barca fans... I think this a 50/50 affair... although we have a slight advantage in this tie becoz the return leg is at home.... if we give a performance like the one we gave on wednesday against the germans.. i dont see, Coco, F. De Boer, Abelardo and Puyol stopping us. as the much better defence of Kuffour, Lizarazu, Linke and Kovac couldnt handle it..... but if Andersson is back and Christanaval plays along side him, i think it would be better for barca... but i dont see that stupid rexach putting in chris... instead of abelardo or De Boer.. can any barca fans tell us some more info on andersson's injury?? im interested as he's your best defender by a mile..... I think we will manage a draw in Nou Camp... if we manage to hold on for the 90 minutes and why not a win? so we can end it there for once and for all... Figo not playing is better coz u know, all the team is nervous when they hear all the jeers and boos directed towards Figo... and we played better without him earlie this season.. I REALLY CANT WAIT FOR THE CLASSICO UCL SHOWDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALA MADRID! put in another outstanding performance....

Lineup i expect(Real):
Cesar
Salgado Hierro Pavon R.Carlos
Geremi Helguera Makelele Solari
Zidane Raul

Lineup i expect(Barca):
Bonano?
Puyol F. De Boer Andersson Coco
Motta Cocu
L. Enrique Rivaldo Saviola
Kluivert (sorry if im wrong with the lineup or positions but this is how far i know about barca :D)

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
HUGE. damnnit I can't freakin wait.

Daopica, i don't like that line-up for us. You put ZZ as forward, although I'm sure you mean ZZ as an AMC and Raul as the lone striker? I dont think putting Raul as the lone striker is a good idea. And if Macca is fit. Why not put him over Geremi?

_________César
____Hierro____Pavon
Salgado__________Carlos
___Makelele_Helguera
________Zidane
Solari/Macca__Raul
_________Guti

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
ya i meant zizou as the AMC and raul as the lone striker... i think it would work perfectly and as Geremi can cover well for Salgado.... i think this formation will get us an edge in the midfield and at the back.....

·
Registered
966 Posts
Alter Ego said:

Barca is a different story, they live in our shadow every single move we made they are watching up, im not afraid of them, I think they are running out of luck,

We live in our shadow? I think Napoleon was more humble than you, man. Anyways it was a good laugh, thanks:cool:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
I hope Joan Gaspart can have a good laugh too ;)
every time I see the guy he is having a nervous breakdown
:eek: watching your guys play. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Alter Ego said:
I hope Joan Gaspart can have a good laugh too ;)
every time I see the guy he is having a nervous breakdown
:eek: watching your guys play. :tongue:
Aren't all Barca fans like that.. :tongue: :D

Anyway, God has given us another chance to better our performance and make up our dissappointment the last time.. :eek:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
This game might be what it takes for us to finally break that jinx at Nou Camp.

Don't get me wrong, it would be extremly difficult for us to win in Nou Camp. A draw is a great result in my book, heck maybe even a 1-goal loss isn't that bad, since it gives us a chance to come out firing like against Bayer, but the away goal/goals would be crucial.

However, the fact this game has alot more magnitude then a normal Liga game, would possibly push our players to give 150% this time and maybe cause the upset, and end the bad streak. The atmosphere there against us is the worse we need to face to, and im sure each time it wears down our players in Liga when they possibly say its just one match out of 38.

one match out of two is a different ball game all together.

I am confident we will see the best performance of Barca this year in these two legs, so if we advance, our players would really deserve a standing ovation. It would be a great achievment :proud:

I hope they don't let us down. Hala Madrid, and yes Raul, Real Madrid remain the #1 club in Europe, untill further notice :D

·
Errant Wolf
1,244 Posts
"Don't get me wrong, it would be extremly difficult for us to win in Nou Camp. A draw is a great result in my book" - Vampire Lestat

Agree.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
This game might be what it takes for us to finally break that jinx at Nou Camp...However, the fact this game has alot more magnitude then a normal Liga game, would possibly push our players to give 150% this time and maybe cause the upset, and end the bad streak....
A chance for us to break the jinx I would agree...

But this is a UCL game, mate. It's absolutely Barca's chance of winning anything, maybe even last chance to get into this competition for next season!! :eek: ;)
So while you think about motivation at our side, we musn't forget it's double the motivation on theirs. The Chinese has a saying "Don't drive a mad dog to the wall - The backlash can be extremely hurtful!!"

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
cliffordil said:

A chance for us to break the jinx I would agree...

But this is a UCL game, mate. It's absolutely Barca's chance of winning anything, maybe even last chance to get into this competition for next season!! :eek: ;)
So while you think about motivation at our side, we musn't forget it's double the motivation on theirs. The Chinese has a saying "Don't drive a mad dog to the wall - The backlash can be extremely hurtful!!"
I completly agree Cliff.

Heck, if i was coaching Barca, my pre-game speech would be "if you win this, you knock out Real Madrid in their centenary", not "if you win this, youll make CL final!" :D ;) Lets face it, we know how obsessed they are with Real Madrid. Cruyeff said it, Bobby Robson said....everyone knows that, except for some the guys at the Barca forum next door :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
We`ll proberly play a bit diffrent since Xavi is suspended. It means Cocu as the playmaker deep down in the pitch.

Bonano (if fit)
Puyol, Christanval, Abelardo, Coco
Luis Enrique, Cocu, Rochemback/Gabri/Motta
Rivaldo, Kluivert, Saviola

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Robban,

Please don't revert to such comments here. If Daopica or any other Madridsta, or any XT member is posting in a manner which is offensive with regards to XT rules, report that to your FM, or CM if necessary. But no need for such comments, i hope this is clear to you.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually have little doubt in my mind that the best option is to go for the exact same game plan that got us a dominating draw earlier in the season.

It would be extremely dangerous to play the diamond at the Nou Camp.It has rarely warked away from home anyway,and against Barca,who have some dangerous operators in that area of the pitch just outside the box,I think it would be suicidal.We must play 2 DM's.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
The Biggest Game Possible:Real Madrid v Barcelona ....

Actually after Barcelona is when we get into the Biggest Game Possible .. Not before ;)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I think we can expect a different match to the previous meeting there and Im pretty sure they will come at us from the off hoping to put us under a lot of pressure as well as trying to score a few. I think we can get something on the counter and it would be great to get an away goal and keep the scoreline down to the minimum if they do beat us. That week in between the 2 legs is going to be one long week and I will actually be in Spain on holiday for the second leg.

Figo not being there will be good for a few reasons. The crowd wont be some pumped up, we will be more solid as a team and Figo will be raring to go in the return. I would love to see us putting Barca under pressure a la Bayern at the Bernabeu but scoring a hatful of goals. No harm in dreaming! :D

1 - 20 of 118 Posts