Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maccabi Tel Aviv in their last CL match this season. With 4 losses and 1 win Maccabi would like to leave this competition with a good taste and if possible a place in the UEFA Cup too. For that they need to beat or draw an almost totally reserve Juve side, and hope Ajax loses to Bayern. If Ajax gets a draw a win is a must, if Ajax wins nothing will help Maccabi to finish third.

I'll leave the Juventus part for gba, as for Maccabi the only concern is Strauber who hasn't recovered from his coffee-glass injury last week so this might be Gal Nir's CL debut. However it seems Klinger might stick with Nir even if Strauber is match-fit.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
:smileani: ;)

Capello convoked the following players :

1 BUFFON
2 FERRARA
3 TACCHINARDI
4 MONTERO
5 TUDOR
7 PESSOTTO
9 IBRAHIMOVIC
10 DEL PIERO
11 NEDVED
12 CHIMENTI
15 BIRINDELLI
18 APPIAH
19 ZAMBROTTA
20 BLASI
22 BONNEFOI
23 KAPO
25 ZALAYETA
27 ZEBINA
28 CANNAVARO

Biggest surprise is NEDVED AND ALSO CANNAVARO!!!! But they probably won't play.

Emerson , Thuram, Camoranesi (suspended), Olivera (injured) are staying at Turin.

Juve will probably field Tudor-Ferrara at central defense I believe. Up front will play Del Piero and Zalayeta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic will proably rest on the bench. No Emerson means there will be a big block missing in central midfield and Maccabi can exploit that. Of course if Nedved doesn't play and he won't, this is also very damaging. But still a huge effort will be needed since these players are all good of course :)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Even if Juventus doesnt come with its best team, they will beat Maccabi Zonot easily.

Maccabi's aim must be to make a good impression in its european season

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Why isn;t playing Emile Mbamba in 1st squad ?
Maccabi - Juve 1-0 or 0-0. It;s my great dream ... Liren Cohen, Tamir Cohen, Dego and Addo can do it. And we have a young and good goalkeeper. But i think, that the goal for Ajax in the win 2-1 match was his fault - this shot was possible to save.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
I saw Shtrauber in the shopping center today (in Jerusalem with his girlfriend) eating in BURGER KING ! :howler: I don't think we'll be seeing Shtrauber in some time....

·
Registered
405 Posts
gba said:
I saw Shtrauber in the shopping center today (in Jerusalem with his girlfriend) eating in BURGER KING ! :howler: I don't think we'll be seeing Shtrauber in some time....
How good looking is his girlfriend?

I once saw a picture on one of the Israeli websites of an Israeli footballer (I forgot who) with an Asian girl. Which footballer has an Asian girlfriend?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
amfan said:
How good looking is his girlfriend?

I once saw a picture on one of the Israeli websites of an Israeli footballer (I forgot who) with an Asian girl. Which footballer has an Asian girlfriend?
I can't think of any. I know Gabriel Lima used to have an Israeli girlfriend. As for Liran's girlfriend aka Inbal Gavrieli lets say she isn't my taste. ;) But they have definitely become the most popular couple around...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regarding the match Juve's team looks better than what I would've thought, although even than some substitutes will probably start. Juventus isn't motivated for this game but a few 'simple' football moves could cost Maccabi this match, they have to remain focused all the time. Liran might start in goal after all from what I heard eventhough Klinger is happy with Nir's ability so far.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys saw the mess around Juve players Yesterday? Unbelivable, I bet they weren't expecting this much love from the Israeli fans. :D On the other hand it wasn't really nice knowing anyone could get and smack any Juve player if they wanted to. The Nedved picture in Yedioth says everything about this. :D

So this is the probable lineup

Strauber, Musa, Strull, Mishaelof, Abu Siam, T. Cohen, Dego, L. Cohen, Zeituni, Mesika, M'bamba

Despite his great miss against Maccabi Petah Tikva I think it's a good idea to finally start with him upfront. Also notice he is the only foreigner in Maccabi's lineup today.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Strauber is not going to start after all, instead it's Gal Nir who's making his European debut tonight.

The lineup:

Nir, Musa, Abu Siam, Strul, Giovannini, T. Cohen, Mishaelof, L. Cohen, Zeituni, Dego, M'bamba

Good luck to Maccabi Tel Aviv, it's not going to be easy no matter what players Juventus fields.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news from Holland as Bayern takes the lead against Ajax. With the current 0-0 the meaning is Maccabi is at least for now third.

Juve so far with two good chances by Nedved, Maccabi had a nice chance with Zeituni early in the match.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nedved with another chance, but Gal Nir with a very nice save which should hopefully boost his confidence.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
20 minutes gone, still no goals and Maccabi should be thankful because Juventus once again had a chance to the lead with a mess in the defense.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was about to say Maccabi looks clueless offensively but they just got a penalty for themselves. :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GOALLL! Baruch Dego! Penalty right into the top corner, what a beauty. :star: Maccabi 1:0 up.

Mind you the penalty was dubious to say the least. There was no foul there on M'bamba. :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Gooooooooooooooooallll :d

****!!!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
GOALLL! Baruch Dego! Penalty right into the top corner, what a beauty. :star: Maccabi 1:0 up.

Mind you the penalty was dubious to say the least. There was no foul there on M'bamba. :D

WHO CARES!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

MACCABI IN THE UEFA! MACCABIN IN UEFA!

TAKE THAT HAIMREVIVO1 :nono:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure he wants Maccabi Tel Aviv's success too. He just doesn't believe they can do it and you can't blame him. But we can hope now that Maccabi scored. :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
I'm sure he wants Maccabi Tel Aviv's success too. He just doesn't believe they can do it and you can't blame him. But we can hope now that Maccabi scored. :)

WE CAN HOPE! ITS HANNUCKA AFTERALL (WHICH JUST REMINDS ME TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT)..

IF WE WIN...

than..

NESS GADOL HAYA PO
(for me, amfan,hrevivo and anyone whos not from israel- NESS GADOL HAYA SHAM)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maccabi in total control after the goal, two successive corners already...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts