Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VS

Wednesday, 09 April, Camp Nou

Our only chance of silverware this season. Everything is at stake here and I hope the players realize the importance of this game and do not underestimate the Germans because that could come back and bite them in the ass if they do.

VISCA EL BARÇA

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I want the Camp Nou to give their full support. I know they've seen enough crap lately but the players still need their backing. Hopefully, the players respond positively.

Its time to give it everything we've got.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I want the Camp Nou to give their full support. I know they've seen enough crap lately but the players still need their backing. Hopefully, the players respond positively.

Its time to give it everything we've got.
My sentiments exactly. Its going to take a joint effort. 90,000 screaming people to make Schalke shit their pants, and Barca to drive the stake through their hearts.

I hope they don't do something stupid like protest the team and not show up for the game.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
People will show up, no doubt.

I think you're only saying there's a chance they don't because of the white hankies.

But, I see those hankies from the Getafe game differently. IMO, they were pulled out to signal the downfall in the title race. We actually played a good game and I don't think it's down to the performance. They would have been pulled out regardless of the performance, as long as we didn't win.

It's clear that the league is lost now so people reacted like that. I'm sure the team will still have maximum support.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes we will have the full Nou Camp for sure. Lets get past shalke,I just dont care how we do it and then wait for messi. Thats the only hope we have got. I dont think eto'o and henry will come any good in the remaining matches this season. Good thing is, in spite of recent shitty performances, Xavi and iniesta are actually playing good and can come to life if messi can provide the spark.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I wouldn't want to be in Messi skin right now. :scared: Whole world (Cules) is expecting from him to perform on the top level against Evra, Vidič and Ferdindand. Ok, that probaly wouldn't be such a big problem if he wouldn't be injured 2 months (?). But c'moon, you must be realistic, you can't expect from him to drive you in the final against probaly best defence in world. This is not Levante, Murcia or I don't know who, this is Manchester, the best team in world. He's a human, this is going to be his first game after long injury, he need time. Don't be dissapointed if he will fail.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I wouldn't want to be in Messi skin right now. :scared: Whole world (Cules) is expecting from him to perform on the top level against Evra, Vidič and Ferdindand. Ok, that probaly wouldn't be such a big problem if he wouldn't be injured 2 months (?). But c'moon, you must be realistic, you can't expect from him to drive you in the final against probaly best defence in world. This is not Levante, Murcia or I don't know who, this is Manchester, the best team in world. He's a human, this is going to be his first game after long injury, he need time. Don't be dissapointed if he will fail.
you are completely right mate

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes we will have the full Nou Camp for sure. Lets get past shalke,I just dont care how we do it and then wait for messi. Thats the only hope we have got. I dont think eto'o and henry will come any good in the remaining matches this season. Good thing is, in spite of recent shitty performances, Xavi and iniesta are actually playing good and can come to life if messi can provide the spark.
They are superhuman, come good playing out of position.
Rijkaard can't adjust his foramtion to suit the players available
which coach will plant his best striker in the wings none except
Rijkaard, what a good way to motivate a player.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
this is not our target game, our target game is against ManUTD, from this season i just wanna see ronaldinho with messi in two matches real madrid and manutd

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
this is not our target game, our target game is against ManUTD, from this season i just wanna see ronaldinho with messi in two matches real madrid and manutd
Take this attitude and I'm afraid Schalke will kick us out. Just like Getafe last season in the Copa and just like numerous games this season.

Its not like we need anymore pressure thinking ahead and looking forward to Manchester United. Basically, we think ahead, we choke.
Just one match at a time people.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Gaby Milito is out.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
if you win , which iam sure will happen ( not jinxing )

where will you guys play the 1st leg of the semi's ?

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
they will play the first leg in Camp Nou.... I really dont think Barca can get through ManUtd. Its gonna take one hell of an effort if it happened. Xavi and Iniesta have to be on fire, Henry has to hit top form right away, Messi has to find his form right away after 2 months away, Puyol and Milito have to raise up their game by a mile, Abidal will have to try to stop C.Ronaldo and Zambrotta will have to deal with Giggs. Im not sure you have what it takes to go through to the final...

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
i hope rijkard doesnt use bojan, eto´o, henry all at once because against getafe it wasnt working and bringing in giovani helped a lot. For me Henry seems the most useless one out of the strikers.

Need to get through to the next stage and also manu has to get to the next stage. and then we can talk about the possible chances of barca against manu.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
when i watch Henry play i just feel that i'm looking at great potential and class gone to waste... but i dont know why its happening. Is it really the style? whats preventing him shining?

then i look at the whole team and i realize that nobody is shinining! the whole team is somehow paralyzed and scared. even xavi and iniesta who when placed in another team (spanish national team) where the engines against the world cup champions.

I dont know what the solution is.

and you really gotta love how etoo is being played as far away from the goal as possible as if it were a plan to prevent him form scoring.

how dumb do you have to be to be to work with a striker for 4 years and still not know that he does not function as a right winger. you really have to be stupid not to know your players after all this time

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
and you really gotta love how etoo is being played as far away from the goal as possible as if it were a plan to prevent him form scoring.

how dumb do you have to be to be to work with a striker for 4 years and still not know that he does not function as a right winger. you really have to be stupid not to know your players after all this time
Its the fact that rijkard wants to stay true to his 4-3-3 formation but he doesnt have the wide players but only the strikers and somehow, for me, it seems that henry has a guaranteed first team place which for me seems retarded cause he simply cant play in that position in this formation. And you have to admit that currently its hard to choose between bojan and eto´o on who to put in the middle.

Its going to be long 2 months until the end of the season considering were out of luck, play like shit and all the rumours considering our precious lil club are negative. The only shimmer of light is the CL where ,if we advance, well be facing one of the most inform teams in the world.

Now im not doubting in our defence, i think they can handle the situation more or less competently but still will probably concede something. Now the worrying factor is our attack who cant score a goal to save their life and this problem is multiplied by our coach whos tactical skills are inferior to a cockroach. That coach is stuck on a formation which simply does not go together with our resources.

Somehow that coach is also stuck on the fact that henry should play which he clearly doesnt deserve.
This gives some idea that our silly lil weed man is maybe getting orders from high up to play our top earner just for laporta to not look silly. And this is the worst part because in that way our club is rotting, again, from the top of its head.

Im getting a wee bit pessimistic over here already...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
they will play the first leg in Camp Nou.... I really dont think Barca can get through ManUtd. Its gonna take one hell of an effort if it happened. Xavi and Iniesta have to be on fire, Henry has to hit top form right away, Messi has to find his form right away after 2 months away, Puyol and Milito have to raise up their game by a mile, Abidal will have to try to stop C.Ronaldo and Zambrotta will have to deal with Giggs. Im not sure you have what it takes to go through to the final...
Easier than all that: We can only hope for a bad day from them.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
This is a true story. Last week was my 40th birthday and I really didn’t feel like waking up that morning. I managed to pull myself together and go downstairs for breakfast, hoping my wife would be pleasant and say, “Happy Birthday!”, and possibly have a small present for me. As it turned out, she barely said good morning, let alone “Happy Birthday.” I thought… Well, that’s marriage for you, but the kids… They will remember.

My kids came trampling down the stairs to breakfast, ate their breakfast, and didn’t say a word to me. So when I made it out of the house and started for work, I felt pretty dumpy and despondent.

As I walked into my office, my secretary Joanne said, “Good Morning Boss, and by the way Happy Birthday!” It felt a bit better knowing that at least someone remembered. I worked in a zombie like fashion until about one o’clock, when Joanne knocked on my door and said, “You know, it’s such a beautiful day outside, and it’s your Birthday, why don’t we go out for lunch, just you and me.” I said, “Thanks, Joanne, that’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. Let’s go!”

We went to lunch but not where we’d normally go. Instead she took me to a quiet bistro with a private table. We had a couple of mixed drinks and I enjoyed the meal tremendously. On the way back to the office, Joanne said, “You know, It’s such a beautiful day… We don’t have to go right back to the office, do we?” I replied with “I suppose not. What do you have in mind?” She said, “Let’s go to my apartment, it’s just around the corner.”

After arriving at her apartment, Joanne turned to me and said, “Boss if you don’t mind, I’m goinna to step into the bedroom for just a moment. I’ll be right back.” “Ok.” I nervously replied. She went into the bedroom and, after a couple of minutes, she came out carrying a huge birthday cake…

Followed by my wife, my kids, and dozens of my friends, and co-workers, all singing “Happy Birthday”.

And I just sat there…

On the couch…

Naked.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts