1 - 20 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Real Madrid vs Lyon
2045CET
@ Santiago Bernabeu​

Here we fvcking go. we were majestic against Sevilla, we will continue this against Lyon. like many have commented in the sevilla match thread, they got to rest their players, whilst our boys were racking up the miles for 90 minutes, especially our important players. nonetheless we are Real Madrid.

Question is if we're gonna break our hoodoo. ive nearly forgotten what the quarter finals are, its been 5 years, thats embarrassing. though if ever i felt confident against a big team its on the back of the villareal, tenerife and Sevilla matches.

previously if we're trailing from the first leg (which has always been the case nearly) id be reluctant to project my confidence, but God damnit this is our chance.

Ronnie, Higuain, Ramos, Xabi, Guti, VDV....COMEON, FVCKING COMEON!

marcelo is suspended thank the Lord, as is Xabi unfortunately. Lass and Big D will man the midfield im guessing, though id much prefer a trio of Lass, VDV and Guti. However it is Lyon, they are more organised than 19 teams of la liga including ourselves. its not cowardly to go with the Double D pivot as i think its safer. Lass moves up nicely, maybe he wont be as confused having someone more static like MD next to him. im not sure tbh, im just throwing ideas out there.

i wanna see Higuain have a big game. he can do it against every team in la liga, theres no reason he cant do it against lyon. everyone is fired up for what will hopefully be a great night, so no excuses from anyone.

Goal gifting. sevilla are impotent, but lyon will be ruthless. theyll wait for us to give them the ball, theyll wait for us to commit men forward until they do anything. smart tactical game by them is what i see. it what they did at home, and theyll abuse this away. thus, no casillas goal gifts like he did against milan. no stupid defensive backpasses to open space, and no random hospital passes across field. and for goodness sakes no midfield long balls to higuain and ronaldo who have their back to the lyon defence.

i cant wait, im sure everyone else cant either. this is gonna be great, i really hope we can progress, i really do.

HALA MADRID :proud:

The Peoples Lineup:

Casillas
Ramos - Albiol - Garay - Arbeloa
VDV - Lass - HAZ
Kaka
Higuain - Ronaldo​

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
No Xabi, no Marcelo... I really hope the line-up picks itself.

Casillas
VDV - Lass - HAZ
Kaka
Higuain - Ronaldo​

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
There is no way Pelle will play M.Diarra and Lass. We play much better with jugones like Guti and VdV. Our best games have been with X.Alonso as the sole DM with two other CMs. We need to create play and score goals, not worry about if Lyon is gonna score. That would just make the players nervous and always worried about the Lyon attacks. Sevilla is much better tactically than Lyon and their wide players and attackers are way more lethal. Lyon have to adapt to our style of play, not the other way around, just like Sevilla did. With Lass back to his position as the destroyer and having VdV and Guti, I think that's the best midfield we can lineup.

HALA MADRID!

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wouldnt start guti myself. just watched the match, yeah hes fvcking fantastic, but we cant be giving away the ball as much as he does. hes a luxury player, and if things arent going well after 60min, id bring him in.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
another match that will decide the future of Pelle in the team, so far he has done well under pressure(from benching Raul to deciding which players are better to play)...

hope for a win by a 2 or 3 goals margin...

·
Registered
746 Posts
after watching the atmosphere in the bernabeu against sevilla wont be suprised to hear that lyon players are pissing in their pants............hala madrid!

·
Hala Madrid
62 Posts
No Xabi, no Marcelo... I really hope the line-up picks itself.

Casillas
VDV - Lass - HAZ
Kaka
Higuain - Ronaldo​
I AGREE

people who are saying that Lass wasn't good in today's game :) ... lol wtf ?
the dude did exactly what he was told to from the Coaching staff, he was pressing all the way !!!
I don't know on which scale you're judging the guy ? but to me he was great ! and the only reason Pelle subbed him is to preserve him from any injury for the Lyon game !
(kaka was shit yesterday ... but I want him to play against lyon anyway)

I just CAN'T BELIEVE :) someone is saying that we should start M.diarra ? shall I give you a video about the first leg or something ???
the dude is just shit ! he just should go play water polo or something :) football isn't his thing anymore, our loss against Lyon was mainly because of M.diarra.

No discussion about this line-up !
Hala Madrid.

and PS : the future of Pelle is no more in question after the Sevilla game ;) he's a GREAT man, if we lose against Lyon, it will be mainly because of our shitty game in the first leg (thanks to some players) Pelle doesn't have anything to do with that.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Will Benz be ready for the bench?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
No matter how well we played vs Sevilla. Unfairly or not, if we don't go through in CL the whole season will be seen as a failure. This is the most important game by a considerable distance until the date.

Which footballers Pellegrini will lineup is not really that important. Our squad is strong and has enough competitive players for a game such as this. The really important thing is that we play well as an unit and defend properly. The rest will come with time.

Hala Madrid.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Look im happy we beat Sevilla , but we let in two very simple goals. These kind of goals will kick us out of Europe. Im not sure we have the capability of shutting out Lyon, I hope we do though.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
With Marcelo out, it's important to field VDV. I don't care who are the other two, but VDV should be one of the starting three midfielders. Oh and I prefer Guti on the bench... to at least have an option on the bench if we weren't able to unlock their midfield by the 60th minute. If we start both VDV and Guti, we won't have any options on the bench. Granero can never change a game the way Guti does.

This is the most important game of the season so far. We can't fail. We need Higuain, Kaka and Cristiano to have their scoring boots on. We need Super Iker in goal... we need Ramos to dominate the right wing and continue to send in those lovely crosses. Garay and Albiol need to make sure Lisandro isn't given any space.

I can't wait! Hopefully we won't be disappointed again

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
from last few year's experience, my guts feeling is telling me we will allow one Lyon goal, after that, it will be how strong the team's will power is.
Guti should never start, he is just not doing good to the team as a starter, he's a great sub and should plan on using him in 2nd half.
I would also go with 2 CDMs with lass going forward a bit more. lets see what Pellegrini has in mind.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
It's so bad that neither Lass nor Kaka are in top form. We are supposed to have the best gamebreakers, but right now it's only Cristiano and Higuain must still prove himself in such a match.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
It's so bad that neither Lass nor Kaka are in top form. We are supposed to have the best gamebreakers, but right now it's only Cristiano and Higuain must still prove himself in such a match.
err did you miss the games vs. Espanyol? Valencia? Osasuna? Getafe? Malaga? etc.... he so often was decessive and also in such a match!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Lyon is a much better team than Sevilla, you'll have to take your chances against them. If you mess around like against Sevilla you'll lose.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
LoL at "Lyon better than Sevilla" :D

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Big things popping, disappointed again that this game is on the same night as Utd Milan.

Gonna state ze obvious here, you can see Lyon scoring, but you can also see Madrid exposing Lyon's weak defence to score 3 goals. That's if they don't play like ghosts ala the Gerland a few weeks back.

1 - 20 of 462 Posts