Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
42,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this match came at the wrong time for once high-flying Olympique Lyonnais. The defenders are injured, Juninho is still on vacation while on the pitch, the strikers aren't doing too well, ect. ect.

Add to that the fact that PSV are dangerous on their home turf, and this looks to be a very difficult test for O'L.

Mali informed me Eric Abidal could make a return to the squad, very important as he replaces a guy that isn't a defender lol

My prediction: 2-1 win for PSV.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
I am not very optimistic now for this game, Müller is not an upgrade for the central defense, and since the beginning of the year Lyon is not in a good shape in the league.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Olympique Lyonnais :
Coupet, Vercoutre - Abidal, Clerc, Cris, Diatta, Müller, Berthod - M.Diarra, Clément, Juninho, F.Malouda, Pedretti, Tiago, Ben Arfa - Benzema, Carew, Fred, Govou, Wiltord

Injured : Caçapa (cuisse), Réveillère (ischio-jambiers), Monsoreau (cuisse)
Suspended : No one
Choice of the coach : Hartock, Riou

Classic squad, 2 important players (Caçapa and Reveillère) injured though.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Probable teams according to l'Equipe :

PSV : Gomes - Lucius or Reiziger, Alxe, Ooijer, Lamey - Cocu, Simons, Afellay - Farfan, Vennegoor of Hesselink, A. Koné.

LYON : Coupet - Clerc, Cris, Müller, Abidal - Diarra, Tiago, Juninho - Govou, Malouda or Wiltord, Carew.

·
Registered
55,902 Posts
zut! i didn't see this thread, i have opened another thread.
well, patrick, will you be here for the match? because i will not be able to follow on tv in live.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Govou had one chance when a defender missed to clear his ball but PSV goalkeeper cleared the ball. That was so close.

I fear for Clerc. they seems to attack on his side with Farfan. :scared:

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Boring game for the moment. The pce is very slow, and the referee wisthle almost everything. Look like both teams fear each other

36' Shoot from very far from Carew. Quite close. But carew is often alone most of the time.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts