Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs Lyon
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Wed, March 11 | 20.45

Confidence is back in the team after ending the 5 games non-winning streak and putting arguably the best display in 2009.
Alves and Caceres are back again the squad after serving their league suspension while Puyol has been ruled out for the next 3 weeks after injuring his ankle.

On Lyon's side, the French outfit seems to be struggling lately. They lost twice this week against Lille and they have a glaring shortage of RBs since Mensah is injured and Clerc is not match fit yet. Toulalan is expected to slot in at RB. Benzema is doubtful too but he's surely gonna make it in time.

Valdés
Alves-Marquez-Piqué-Sylvinho
Touré
Xavi---------Iniesta
Messi -------------- Henry
Etoo

SOM-HI BARÇA

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
High priority game. The emphasis here is on defense. We must not concede a goal.

As for Lyon's two defeats to Lille, it doesn't fill me with confidence. When was the last time Lyon lost two successive games? They're preparing for us big time. The key is to stay composed at the back and not allow any goals. It will also do wonders for our confidence if we manage to keep a clean sheet against such a strong team.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True but we can cope with Capitan's absence. Sylvinho will surely play like yesterday which means concentrating more on staying in his position rather than attacking relentlessly down the left flank.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Yes, it's very important not to attack with both fullbacks at one time. If one is up, the other should stay behind and form a defense of 3. Play cool, do not attack rabidly 'cause the result is in our hands.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
to be honest, I'd rather us not start with Henry on the left and put Iniesta, and with Toure, Busqi and Xavi midfield, its more likely if Tulalan in as RB, he'll be more in a bad position vs Iniesta than vs Henry.

and that could be our key to win this as Iniesta is more dinamic and more explosive on the flank dribbleing and cutting inside to pass or shot, and with both Toure and Busqi in midfield we'll stop thier counter which they'll do anyway, with or without the need to get a goal, they'll park the bus and countr, mark my words.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Are you sure of Sylvinho playing? Can he really play two games a week? I have a feeling that Cáceres might play there. Then again his red-card doesn't fill anyone with confidence so he might be saved for the league game instead.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I'm not sure but who do we have as an alternative? Only Caceres can play LB and I think the red card against Mallorca is the last straw for him. He's gonna be sent on loan next season. Plus Sylvinho didn't play that much this season so he's rather fresh compared to the other players.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see him starting not lasting the whole 90mn. But we're dealing with Pep here so who knows what trick he has up his sleeve.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
I would play Caceres on the left.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
I see him starting not lasting the whole 90mn. But we're dealing with Pep here so who knows what trick he has up his sleeve.

Lately the only trick he has had up his sleeve is making one sub.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It won't be an easy game. One important thing is that we should avoid giving any freekicks as Lyon is always dangerous on them.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeh, spot on Oggu, not silly fouls anywhere near the box! I hope the defense and Big V.V have been practising dead ball situations...

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Lately the only trick he has had up his sleeve is making one sub.
This has been bugging me so much as of late, although he kept on arguing that he does not only pick the starting eleven but he thinks about 14 players in every game instead of 11.

·
Registered
671 Posts
it cause he thinks a goal is just around the corner, and doesn't want to change things.. Problem is the goal around the corner is not necessarily for Barca...

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Defence is the key. It'll be foolish to go gung-ho for the goal. They need a goal more than us.

No mistakes in defence and patience in attack.

·
Registered
671 Posts
sheet, get an early goal, and it'll be great... we don't want it 0-0 with only 10 minutes left, sure we are ahead, but with our shakey defencse under pressure i'd rathe rput our attack under pressure to get an early golazo!

1 - 20 of 384 Posts