Xtratime Community banner

Who do you want?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it has to be Schalke. I saw them tonight and they werent great, but had a fantastic goalie. I hope we can avoid a match against an English side above all.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Shalke 04 would be the easiest to be honest.

That been said, we shouldn't be afraid of any team. I think we can beat any team after this game but it will all depend on our humor. We don't have a team of 11 world class players but a team of 2-3 WC players and the rest are good, we need team-work above all.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
It's too early for me to pick one side, but I definitively don't want Liverpool (if they go through) and Chelsea...

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Schalke obviously, I watched the XT of their match onight and even with a man advantage they were outplayed and din't look anything special. Then Fenerbahce (even though I think they are a very dangerous team). Then Barcelona - the way we play is way better suited for beating the Spanish teams than the English and they will be missing messi.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Shalke 04 would be the easiest to be honest.

That been said, we shouldn't be afraid of any team. I think we can beat any team after this game but it will all depend on our humor. We don't have a team of 11 world class players but a team of 2-3 WC players and the rest are good, we need team-work above all.
I agree with you. We shouldn't be afraid of anyone, but naturally I would like Shalke.

Though history suggests that we make it hard for ourselves, so maybe playing a bigger side would be better.

I bet we draw Man Utd again.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Seriously i would like to avoid an english side but thats so difficult they are 3 sides till now and Liverpool is so close, Schalke ofcousre is the easiest game, if we will play against an english side i fear arsenal the most .

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I think Roma v Arsenal would be a fantastic game for everyone. Except me as Id like both teams to remain in the competition beyond the QF.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
If we do end up drawing ManU, well, I am just afraid our boys mentality will be affected. Team wise, we are on par as everyone else IMO. I am tired of hearing that their are world class but we are not. We are on the same level as the rest of the other teams as far as I am concerned. :stuckup:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think Man U and Chelsea should be faves really. Arsenal there too. Then us, Liverpool and Barca.

In any case I think the boys would have something to prove against Man U and earlier in the season we proved that we can cause danger to them aswell. Plus this year I hope we dont have too many injuries come the 2nd leg and that Totti is healthy.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
I would like to have the 2nd leg in the Olimpico especially if we face man utd .

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think thats only the rule for last 16 Gabriella... now its QF it doesnt matter again.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Knockout phase
From the last 16 until the semi-finals, clubs play two matches against each other on a home and away basis with the same rules as the qualifying rounds applied. In the last 16, group winners play runners-up other than teams from their own pool or nation, while from the quarter-finals on the draw is free.
=============================

I think you are right

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/index.html

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Doesn't matter for me, I am not ruining my joy tonight by thinking. Tomorrow is a new day.

P.S:
If I have to pick one, it would be Inter ;)

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
BTW, good news is our Seria A schedule around the dates for the next CL is pretty easy on paper - away to Cagliari and at home to Genoa, so we could rest some players.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Demandred resting players would depend alot on the position of us in the league.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts