Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might create an illusion that Milan dosen't need reconstruction.

But it will be nice to see Milan in the CL.

What do you think?

·
Registered
480 Posts
AC Milan qualify for Champions League

MILAN, May 5 (AFP)
AC Milan beat Lecce 3-0 at the San Siro here Sunday to grab fourth place and a spot in the qualifying round of next season's Champions League.
Bologna's 3-0 defeat at Brescia ensured AC Milan join city rivals Inter Milan in the preliminary round while champions Juventus and second-placed AS Roma go through automatically to the first phase.
tr02

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
It would be a pity if we couldn't play in CL the following year.The team doesn't look the way we all want to see it but the kids are fighters :)
At that moment I am more than happy-allow me to forget the problems tonight:D
Milan needs something but I haven't found out what exactly!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't hope that this gives the illusion that Ancelotti is a good coach.
We don't need new players, we need a new coach!

·
Registered
579 Posts
tha BIG bandit said:
I don't hope that this gives the illusion that Ancelotti is a good coach.
We don't need new players, we need a new coach!
And a new physio too!

Ancelotti's job was saved today. No matter what anyone one says, if we had not qualified for the CL, he was gone.

While I'm celebrating a lot tonight because my beloved Milan are through to the CL, I'm also a bit scared because it's not just enough to play in the CL -- you also need to win a few matches. If Milan doesn't make necessary changes around the pitch, particularly in the defense and on our right wing, we'll have our hats handed to us in the CL.

We've had embarrassing exits the last few times but I don't think anyone can rest on the laurels of simply being in the tournament. Right now there is no way we could compete against teams like Barca, Real, ManUnited, or any of the other top Italian sides. Remember, it's not even like we finished close to the leading pack in Seria A this season. That 14 point or so gap means that we have some ways to go before we can be considered contenders for any major trophies next season.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deffinetly a plus for Milan to be in the Champions League. I believe that everyone in the board of Milan knows they need reconstruction, and are doin so by buying players such as Cannavaro and Tomasson.

·
Administrator
11,902 Posts
I say that the infusion of cash (if we at least make it through the preliminaries)
no matter how little will be good .
I hope all in the management realize that changes have to be made but I am sure their opinion is that the bad season was at least partially due to injuries so CL qual. won't make them change their mind too much.
So there will be changes but how much better are we going to be in September depends not only who arrives but who did they give to get them. Because more and more it is going to be player exchanges as opposed to straight cash deals

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
What a stupid question to ask.:tongue::tongue:

This singular victory could prove to be vital as now Milan will be capable of attracting all the big players who otherwise would have rejected its offer with excuse of European footie.

However a club like Milan cannot be happy ith only qualifying for CL.It has a prestige and reputation to live up to and for that changes have to be made.I am not totally convinced about Lotti and feel that there are better coaches availableat the momnt.The defence definitely has to be looked at and a couple of World Class defenders are a must.A support striker for Shev and Pippo has alreadyu been acquired so that leaves only the midfield.Milan could do with a wide player who'd be prepared to run at defenders and cross into the box.Sort of what Serginho does but more more frequently.

Money is not a problem for the rossonerris and this time it should be spent maturedly rather than splashing out on the current hottest player who in the end proves to be a major flop.:rollani:

·
Registered
13,975 Posts
Pretty obvious isn´t it?
I mean...duuu..You ask us, Milan fans, if we´d rather be watching our team playing Uefa again?
Just to see the team´s revolution....

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Personally I am sure, there would have been no revolution even if we missed UCL. The only difference had been less known players to the team and less money in general.

And Ancelotti would have stayed nontheless, Galliani have confidence in him and want to give him an honest chance. More honest chance than what Terim got at least.

·
Registered
165 Posts
CL

Would it in it be great if Galatasaray and Milan end up in same group. Terim against Milan. I have a feeling Milan do well in CL It is a miracle that you guys finished 4th. Good luck next year.

·
Registered
43,416 Posts
Thanks Zman ... and good luck to Galata too ... I don't mind meeting you in the CL actually ... we have to beat you one day after all ... HEAVILY! :D ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
No Doubt

I have no doubt that will happen one day. Milan is too good not to achieve better things. Although Gala does not spend too much money on transfers and players somehow they have been able to stay tough and a nightmare for many clubs. Again Good luck to Milan in CL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts