Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In pointing out that both Milan and Lyon are the only teams that have reached the quaterfinals in the last 4 seasons in a row :shades: once again, as winter gives space to spring, we're here :proud:
It hasen't been easy, on the contrarary, as a number of opinion makers here in Italy aswell as possibly abroad, sentenced that Istabul was just the begiining of an inexorable decline, somehow, despite not having started off this seasons Champions League in the best of fashions, game after game, possibly as humbly as ever, we are on the brink of yet again reaching the semifinals for the 12th time in our history :proud: even though the 1992/93 Final was achieved through a group stage :)
As said, coming this far wasn't easy, after last season debacle in Istanbul :depress: even though, as a personal opinion we not only deserved the win, but we delivered showtime :star: it was simply not to be :depress: The 2005/06 season, certainly reserved us an indeed challenging group stage, that we were able to top, not after having suffered in alnost every match :stress: oddly enough, our turning point of the season was Istanbul :tongue: the fashion with which we were able to beat Fener was sublime :star: one of those evenings that make us even more proud of devoting ourself to The Devil :devil:
What came later was yet again a punishing draw, we face the Bavarian Giants: Bayern Munich :scared:
Fortunately enough, San Siro's famous pillars are well built, such was the phenomenal atmosphere, that peaked to white sound, that evening :proud: :scared: :proud: : yet again, once again, it was Red&Black Showtime :devil:
Naturally, once again, the draw reserved us the very two teams we feared and still fear the most on our very eventual Trip to Paris. Lyon and most possibly Barca :hopefull:
For starters we are reserved the team that crashed Real Madrid 3-0 last fall :eekani:, a team that on any given day has both the skill and tactical gameplan to melt down any team into raquelette :scared: a formidable unit that is just weeks awy from winning it's domestic title for the 5th time in a row :cool:
Last wendsday, we achived the miracle of not being squashed within our box for the entire 90 minutes :shades: we even went as far as very nearly scoring a goal or two, if it's trie that their GK: Coupet :star: was elected Man of the Match :cool:
This coming tuesday, will be indeed hot in San Siro :heart: tickets are sold out, tension is already starting to grow, it will be one of those mid-spring evenings we love so much :heart: :proud: :heart:

May the dream continue part 2 :hopefull:
Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Diavolo said:
In pointing out that both Milan and Lyon are the only teams that have reached the quaterfinals in the last 4 seasons in a row
We are the only team that has done so. Lyon didn't make it in 2002-03.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
With all the media and virtually all the stupid neutral fans masturbating over Arseholona , :devil: the best club in the world :devil: has been flying uncomprehensively below the radar, even after eliminating one of the so-called title favourites :rolleyes: and throwing German football into a state of disarray. This is deja-vu. When we get to the final, people will probably think we sneaked in through the back door. We never get credit, you should see some of the crap I read about the team before the Lyon game. I know Juninho was missing, but only a misfiring Tsar kept us from wrapping things up in the first half. For a team that has been so highly praised this season ( deservedly so ), there were some moments when the Lyon team simply disappeared off the face of the planet. Nobody can deny that this group is approaching the levels of fitness, flair and focus that are required to overcome all obstacles en-route to number 8.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cxd said:
We are the only team that has done so. Lyon didn't make it in 2002-03.
For once that I give for granted what a journalist says :tongue:

P.S. But for this, anything else to add? :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Papoose said:
With all the media and virtually all the stupid neutral fans masturbating over Arseholona , :devil: the best club in the world :devil: has been flying uncomprehensively below the radar, even after eliminating one of the so-called title favourites :rolleyes: and throwing German football into a state of disarray. This is deja-vu. When we get to the final, people will probably think we sneaked in through the back door. We never get credit, you should see some of the crap I read about the team before the Lyon game. I know Juninho was missing, but only a misfiring Tsar kept us from wrapping things up in the first half. For a team that has been so highly praised this season ( deservedly so ), there were some moments when the Lyon team simply disappeared off the face of the planet. Nobody can deny that this group is approaching the levels of fitness, flair and focus that are required to overcome all obstacles en-route to number 8.
The fact that opinion makers don't undeline how difficult Milan's path has been so far compared to every single team left in the competition, only underlines how reputable we are in Europe :proud:

Forza Milan :heart:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
sheva better have his game boots on....cause we need him to be lethal, and not making coupet look like buffon

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lav said:
sheva better have his game boots on....cause we need him to be lethal, and not making coupet look like buffon
Very true :hopefull:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Papoose said:

Well said Lo Squalo!:stuckup:

And that is why it would make it even more delicious when in Paris, the team to be celebrating with that big thing with the big ears will be the team captained by Cuore di Drago, Billy the Kid or Lo Tzar!:stuckup:

Nobody can deny that this group is approaching the levels of fitness, flair and focus that are required to overcome all obstacles en-route to number 8
Caro Squalo,
One at a time bro. First # 7 then # 8...:lala: ;) :devil:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!!:proud:

Cheers.;)

P.S. This game will be tailor made for a shark like Pippo...I smell a Pippo show on tuesday night...:hopefull::proud:

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Lav said:
Coupet is a great keeper... that is just about it. The comparison with Buffon is pointless. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
San Siro said:
P.S. This game will be tailor made for a shark like Pippo...I smell a Pippo show on tuesday night...:hopefull::proud:
:dazed: :eekani: :dazed:

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
The only thing Pippo will give are freekicks opportunities for Juninho! :finger: :howler:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hypno said:
The only thing Pippo will give are freekicks opportunities for Juninho! :finger: :howler:
Very possible, nevertheless, we haven't given up hope yet, even though you lot are indeed a formidable unit, maybe indeed to much for us :stress:
May our aged players not suffer a heart failure within the match :hopefull:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Diavolo said:
Very possible, nevertheless, we haven't given up hope yet, even though you lot are indeed a formidable unit, maybe indeed to much for us :stress:
lol your pessimistic posts are hilarious :thumbsup:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
marlo85 said:
damn i wont be able to watch this match......anyways

forza milan
I won't be able to watch it live neither...:groan: I'll only be able to watch it late at night after a very hectic day...nonetheless, I am confident in the Ragazzi and in Carletto. :hopefull:

May the dream continue a little bit more...:hopefull::hopefull:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!!:proud:

Cheers.;)

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Diavolo said:
We all know it will be damn hard for Lyon to win in San Siro... you have got the edge by drawing us at Gerland.
Nevertheless, if we score... that is another story.

That is 50/50 for me.

May the best team win!

1 - 20 of 555 Posts