Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the next week and a bit we will be seeing some dramatic events surely. At this stage last season Man U were lucky to escape from Rome with an away goal, but a week later totally ripped a new hole into AS bit of Roma. Milan were also knocking out Bayern Munich. Can it be a coincedence that Barcelona play a German team? and could have 3 English teams in the SF, similar to Milan... maybe so, maybe not... on barca's form, they must watch out for Schalke though, not as easy as they may expect.

In any case this years QFs should be a good watch. Probably most intriguing is Roma - Man Utd... but certainly the All english clash is being hyped up, particularly on these shores.

I am betting on 4 draws for the first games. lets see.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully by tonight we start talking about the football again :pp Im working tonight, oh misery! Luckily I have a TV there, but its not the same.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont mind... I work in a betting shop part-time while Im at uni.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
only if henryrules gives me some tips (as in money) when he wins ;)

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
We had a problem once at a betting outlet. I forget what sport/event/match it was on, but we stepped up to the counter and said something along the lines of "we'd like to place a bet on this". However, the person working the counter drew a blank and later we realised that when we are to make a bet, we should just put forth a number which they'll enter into a computer, our bet showing itself on the monitor to them.
Unsure what you mean? With the current EPOS system the only mistakes you can make is taking in and dealing out the money. Of course some bets still dont go throug the system so you must manually settle them, but normally there isnt that much problem with this.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
:D

Even though Im betting on 4 draws, mt true predictions

Roma ? - ? Man Utd
Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
Schalke 1-1 Barcelona
Fenerbahce 1-0 Chelsea

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
going to Celtic Park is a test for anyone.
Dont think Celtic have been even at their best in Scotland lately so Barca caught them at a good time. On their day Barca can beat anyone, but they have alot of off days, especially at this moment.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
No one thought Milan could beat Man U last year so who knows? An in form Zambrotta can stop Ronaldo, especially with help from his midfield, but Zambrotta is neither in form... nor does his midfield really help him :)

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
I thought we played alright against Man U, but they played catenaccio like usual English teams for the first 60 minutes and were clinical.

Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca will be the SFs... would like to see Fener go through, but at home Chelsea are strong.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Lets be fair though, Arsenal deserved to beat Liverpool two times over and indeed Liverpool scored with basically their only chance. If Bendtner could move out the way or the ref could give a blatant OK the result would be different.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Arsenal had some chances and really 2 blatant goals not go in... 1 because of Bendtner and the other which should have been a PK... its not like Arsenal were ineffective in the attack... they had their chances to win the match.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
I believe if Bendtner jumped over theball the goal woul have stood simply because the ball would have gone in anyway (its not as if Bendtner was impeding any defenders from getting to the ball)... however because he touched it the offside was there.

Having possession but not creating 10 clear cut chances a match doesnt make you ineffective. Its hardly as if Liverpool are a team which is easy to break down. Probably apart from sloppy defending on the goal, Arsenal did well yesterday, they created sufficient chances to have at least scored 2 (which they should have)... while they werent troubled the other side apart from one crappy moment. I am quite sure Arsenal will still go through aswell... I think they will score at Anfield... Arsenal is not Inter, they can still play football... unlike Inter who went to Liverpool with 3 full-backs, 2 DMs and 3 CBs... Arsenal will go there with a footballing team... and I believe will come away with the result needed.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
I would like to ask the assistanr referee but he wouldnt have been given offside... its just loike a case where a player shoots from 20 yards, it flies just past a player offside and goes in, does it make it offside? Of course not... only if he interfers with the GK or the movement of the ball... If Bentnder had just waled away or moved out the way, he would have not interfered with anyone and the ball would have gone in unotuched by anyone else... clear goal.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
No way it was a penalty. Its obvious that the Gods, destiny and UEFA had already decided on another Liverpool-Chelsea SF in any case. It was an FK because I admit Fabregas did pull back Babel (stupidly) outside the box... but Babel ran on a couple of strides then decided to fall like a sack of potatoes into the penalty box at which point Toure accidentally touched him while he was on his way down. No pen. Hleb's was a much more blatant pen and again I can't believe Arsenal didnt go through here after taking the lead.

Senderos is the worst defender at this stage of the CL and Eboue is the most useless player left.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
I don't understand why anybody would want a Chelsea - Liverpool quarterfinal. Anybody can see that has been the worst two leg affair in Europe for the past four years. Not good for UEFA, not good for football in general.
Money talks.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
I believe Barcelona will win this like AC Milan did :D Hopefully it is Chelsea in the final even if I find them boring as hell... it would be something different and they havent been as lucky.

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
I meant more in terms of money going into the hands of UEFA from Mr. Abramovich and the Americans ;)

· Registered
54,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
Toure was still tugging in the area, one arm came up first, other was tugging on the way up. Did Babel go down easy, sure, but if you feel contact in the area in that situation then you go down. Toure's fault for giving him the chance to when he didn't really have a lot on.
If you call Toure's arm a tug :wallbang:

I'd like a replay of the incident... Toure didnt really touch him and not with force... if anything Babel at one stage even grabbed Toure a little :yawn:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.