Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
19 players taken to England:

Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Alper Potuk, Bekir İrtegün, Bruno Alves, Caner Erkin, Cristian Baroni, Dirk Kuyt, Egemen Korkmaz, Emmanuel Emenike, Gökhan Gönül, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Mehmet Topuz, Michal Kadlec, Moussa Sow, Pierre Webo, Raul Meireles, Salih Uçan, Selçuk Şahin.

I just want to see some pride from the team. Kaptan Selcuk :proud:

CL Playoff Leg 2: Arsenal - Fenerbahçe
Emirates Stadı / 21.45 (TSİ)​

Lazy to update the graphic :D

Let's just bow out with some pride tomorrow, that's all I ask.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Haha, no worries. Not sure why I just didn't start a thread. Anyways, Topal and Emre still injured, and Yobo not taken. I'm assuming he's injured as well. Ersun, show some balls and start Salih. I want to see how he does in a setting like this.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
If anything it will be great practice at a high tempo. Play the 4-4-2 we want tosee without a real DM ( we don't want to see Selcuk)

-------Emenike---------------
----------------Sow----------
-----Cristian-------Alper--------
---------RM--Salih------------
-Kladec--Bruno--Egemen---Topuz
--------------Mert------------

** Ok so we don't want bekir at RB we want Topuz who can pass the ball and has some vision. In addition, we'll have to play Cristian in the midfield as opposed to Selcuk. The point is that this will be a great game for these guys to up the tempo and get the ball rolling since Ersun said he wanted a team with a faster paced tempo no?

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Volkan
Gokhan-Alves-Kadlec-Hasan
---------------------------
Cristian-Meireles-Alper
Kuyt-Emenike-Sow​

:confused:

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
That midfield will get overrun very easily. We need to have guys who will shoot and create chances. Maybe play Kuyt upfront even instead of one of the strikers just to wear them down. But a 3 mand midfield and without Topal to intercept and get the headers or Emre to be albe to string passes will be a disaster.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anything it will be great practice at a high tempo. Play the 4-4-2 we want tosee without a real DM ( we don't want to see Selcuk)

-------Emenike---------------
----------------Sow----------
-----Cristian-------Alper--------
---------RM--Salih------------
-Kladec--Bruno--Egemen---Topuz
--------------Mert------------

** Ok so we don't want bekir at RB we want Topuz who can pass the ball and has some vision. In addition, we'll have to play Cristian in the midfield as opposed to Selcuk. The point is that this will be a great game for these guys to up the tempo and get the ball rolling since Ersun said he wanted a team with a faster paced tempo no?
I would like to see this too :thumbsup:

Volkan
Gokhan-Alves-Kadlec-Hasan
Cristian-Meireles-Alper
Kuyt-Emenike-Sow​

:confused:
But this is probably what we'll really see, switch Gokhan with Topuz and Kadlec with Yobo.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Yobo wasn't taken, though. Your lack of lateral players is what kills you and don't expect Ersun to play higher tempo when you don't have any wingers in the team left.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Turkish managers hate wingers
I wonder why is that? I even read somewhere that Terim forbade our players to dribble once he taken us over in 2011? Classic wingers are dying breed anyways and it's hard to ge them, so why further limit your chances?

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
I'm really curious how Arsenal will come out on this one after such a lopsided result and poor showing from the opposition. They might come out flat.

I want to see Emenike on the field for this one.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Ersun Yanal is a moron, he starts Sow on the wing, Webo instead of Emenike. What a tool, this is going an extremely difficult and patchy four weeks for Fener.Giving the guy a 1 year contract show what little faith they have in him. His stupidity to play 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks lost all credibility in my eyes, sit back and counterattack don't try to play barcalonaesque against a team who've been playing total football for over a decade.

I'm sticking my neck out and saying 3-1 to Arsenal

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lineups looks like this.
Fenerbahce:
Volkan
Gökhan
Alves
Egemen
Kadlec
Kuyt
Miereles
Selçuk
Alper
Sow
Emenike

Arsenal:
Szczesny
Sagna
Mertesacker
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Rosicky
Walcott
Ramsey
Cazorla
Podolski
Giroud

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Why would you play Zinedine Selcuk in this game? You're 3-0 behind, you don't have the luxury of playing a holding midfielder.

However slight Fener's chances of qualification may be.....you guys have to go for the throat from the first whistle. Play a 4-3-1-2:

Volkan
Gokhan-Alves-Kadlec-Hasan Ali
-----Alper---Baroni----Meireles
---------------Salih------------
------Emenike-------------Sow

I mean, you don't have anything to lose. At least this way you can say you had a go. A bit like GS against Madrid last season.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts