• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CL Playoff Leg 1: Fenerbahçe v Arsenal​

Wel this is the big one. After a complete 2nd half collapse against Konyaspor, our boys look to redeem themselves against a very thin Arsenal team.

If there is any time to play Arsenal it's now. Not only are they having problems with their transfer targets but they are having some massive injury issues as well. We have to go out guns blazing.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ox is out 3 months. Arteta out, Sagna out. Cazorla has yet to get match fit. Schezny is just not that great a goalie either...

Gibbs should be back though, he just had a deep cut - i don't know why Arsene subbed him off last game.

Seriously if there is any time to play Arsenal it's now. We have to be confident in our play and work till the 90th minute.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
I can't see Arsenal breaking down your defence the way we're playing at the minute. The squad has 4/5 kids in it travelling to Turkey. It's utter bullshit, if our squad applies itself I think we can come away with a draw maybe narrow 1-0, but the way it is, I'm sure we'll concede. How many, I do not know.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
I do think the team will be fully motivated, especially after the Konyaspor collapse. Our defense is still worrying but I think we will win 1-0.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I wonder how Ersun will play. Not including Alper will be stupid so he will have to sacrifice Topal, Meireles or Emre. Which one of them would you guys like to see on the bench?

The front line will probably be Sow-Emenike-Kuyt.

And defense: Topuz-Yobo-Alves-Kadlec

Playing 4-3-3 with no real wingers will be problematic for Fener this season.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts