Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK boys. Out of the CL before the quarters, sad yes, but life goes on.
We need to reinforce, yes, but thats for the summer.

Right now there are 12 weeks of Serie A football left, we are -4 points off the forth place. I hope we can make it. Fiorentina perhaps is returning to form but on the other hand Juve seem to be experiencing a bad form period. Perhaps we can take advantage of this :hopeful:

Without CL football our veterans will have plenty of time to recover in beetween the games but on the other hand we have a thougher schedule than both Fiorentina and Juve.

Next game is against Empoli. I doubt we can win this one. The game against Arsenal costed us alot of energy that we dont realy have. But neverthe less : Forza Milan :proud: However Jove play away to Genoa and Fiorentina away to Siena so there is a good chance that they also drop points :hopeful: . Boriello time :fero:

P.S. after 6 years its the first time that we dont have anything major to play for this early in the season. Kind of strange feeling. Makes u appritiate what this guys have maneged during this period :proud:

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
I think since there is no CL our team can entirely focus on the CL spot and i think we can do it.
However it would be very hard to attract those stars we may need to bring in the summer especially in the back without CL football, but i believe.

·
Registered
24,069 Posts
After we went out from UCL I expect us to be able to clinch 3rd spot. Our players will have both more physical and mental energy for the Serie A games. The big worry is still our problems in scoring, at least Pato is showing strides forward all the time and the others can pop up with a goal now and then.

However it would be very hard to attract those stars we may need to bring in the summer especially in the back without CL football, but i believe.
When will this myth be stamped out? We had no problems signing Rui Costa without UCL. Bayern had no problems signing a bunch of great players. etc. Money and big club weight heavier than one season without UCL.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If Boriello can inflict some serious damage to the Gobbi and we win our own game than we are back in the race. Could come down to a decider in Turin. Would love to keep them away from Europe.

Last time Milan seriously spended was when we were outside of CL, but it was difficult to attract the best players.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
After we went out from UCL I expect us to be able to clinch 3rd spot. Our players will have both more physical and mental energy for the Serie A games. The big worry is still our problems in scoring, at least Pato is showing strides forward all the time and the others can pop up with a goal now and then.

When will this myth be stamped out? We had no problems signing Rui Costa without UCL. Bayern had no problems signing a bunch of great players. etc. Money and big club weight heavier than one season without UCL.
well we will, but it will be harder.
Yes true Bayern were able to, but remember how cautious we were in the transfer market after the scandals of summer 2006 so if we made uefa i dont know how much will we be willing to spend while if we made CL the transfer budget without a doubt will be larger.
im not saying we wont spend at all, but it CL football next year would mean more transfer funds.

·
Registered
24,069 Posts
Last time Milan seriously spended was when we were outside of CL, but it was difficult to attract the best players.
Like getting the player with the best average rating in Italy you mean? Oh, almost forgot, we got Inzaghi too that year. (and Pirlo)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are some players that will defenitly want CL football right from the start. I think at the end of the day it will come down to which other alternatives that are available to the player and if the player believes in our project. If I recall corectly, Rivaldo rejected us that year and he was along with Zidane the best player than. Inzaghi and Rui were great signings though back than.

Besides, you cannot count Pirlo as a big name signing. Back than he was just a young trequartista that couldn´t make it in Inter. We paid a great sum for him but I doubt he had many clubs waiting for him.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Money talks however.
I mean didnt Luca Toni go to Bayern Munich because "he wanted an opportunity to play in the CL" and bayern arent even in the CL till possibly next year and quite possibly will be joined by fiorentina so i think money really talks in todays times so as long as we are willing to spend we will get what we want.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Like getting the player with the best average rating in Italy you mean? Oh, almost forgot, we got Inzaghi too that year. (and Pirlo)
Pirlo was hardly a big name in 2000, right? ;)
Inzaghi was unwanted in Juventus and Rui Coasta came from Fiorentina , a club with financial difficulties at the time and way behind you in the table:)

Players such as Ronaldinho or Drogba wont come here without CL. Not that you need them necessarily...

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
uhmmmmm neither, Intertoto if you get lucky :D

·
Registered
24,069 Posts
Pirlo was hardly a big name in 2000, right? ;)
Inzaghi was unwanted in Juventus and Rui Coasta came from Fiorentina , a club with financial difficulties at the time and way behind you in the table:)

Players such as Ronaldinho or Drogba wont come here without CL. Not that you need them necessarily...
Which club they came from didn't matter as much as that Rui Costa turned down an offer from Parma (were they in UCL?) and DID choose us. Pirlo I just mentioned, didn't say he was a big transfer, a brilliant one on the other hand. Inzaghi is just a clear example of money talks, but also that he WANTED to move to us, UCL or no UCL. He changed from a UCL team to one without.

Thats not forgetting Bayern. Money and big team (especially the money!) goes so much further than that year without UCL.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
This current Milan is known for it's mental strength, it played a big part in our 2007 CL triumph, and right now we'll need that again to achieve 3rd/4th.

Juve, like us, have only one thing to play for so they can focus their efforts a lot easier. Fiorentina have the UEFA cup to contend with too, which certainly works in ours (and Juve's) favour. I feel that Pato is going to play a big part in taking us to a CL spot in the same way that Ronaldo's goals in the 2nd half of last season helped us in the league.

I'm confident we will do it. There's no reason not to be confident. We're a clearly superior team (squad) to both Juve and Fiorentina, the points deficit is minimal and our fixture list is only a little harder. It's quite simple; if we cannot achieve 4th we dont deserve to be in the Champions League anyway.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
I wouldn't deny myself the chance to watch Barca put on a show, or Arsenal for that matter.:depress:

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Come on, man, you're gone miss out on some nice matches. Real - Roma, for example.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
All I know is that one of Juve or Fio got very unlucky last night. I hope it is Juve but we shall see. ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
True, but Milan have to become a player in the market. We went after Pato and got him. He;'s the only guy we went after. That and the ridiculous Ronaldinho thing; like bagging one ridiculously expensive player would really help the team.

If management forget teh headline winning transfer (which they f*cking love) then we can find very good players and still be within budgetary constraints. I am not going to pretend like I can list these players off the top of my head, but you do not have to spend tens and tens of millions per player to help the team.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts