Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our side we have Sagnol, Lell, Podolski, Lucio and Zé Roberto out. In Lyon's side they have Junihno out! :D

I assume Bayern will play like this,

Rensing - Oddo, Van Buyten, Demichelis, Lahm - Van Bommel, Borowski - Ribery, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Klose

On the bench:

Butt, Niedermaier, Altintop, Ottl, Sosa, Kroos.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and at least we have a head-up with the Sagnol's injury from fcb.de

The France stalwart will not be undergoing further surgery on his troublesome Achilles tendon. “We have hopes he’ll make a comeback,” commented Karl-Heinz Rummenigge before the flight to Lyon.

Sagnol went under the knife in early August in an effort to rid himself of long-standing Achilles problems, but his recovery has been protracted and the player recently aired thoughts of quitting the game. “I hope the pain goes away. Nothing’s any fun when you’re in pain,” Rummenigge reflected. Sagnol has been at Bayern for eight years and is under contract until mid-2010. His most recent competitive appearance was a run-out for France at Euro 2008 back in June.
Lets hope Sangol can come back and regain his fitness and starting birth in the line-up beacuse Lell and Oddo are killing us.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
1-0. Klose. Ribery was the one who caused all the chaos leading to the opportunity in Lyon's defence.

They've had 3 very dangerous opportunities. A central midfield of vB-B is really weak defensively. And 2 slow central defenders like Dem and VB add to the problems against their fast attacking players.

We've been lucky, both for not conceding and for the kind of funny goal.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
As I said, our defense sucks big time. Even more than their back-up defense.

We haven't had such a good team offensively and horrible defensively in a long time. We will go out early, well unless we meet Porto/Arsenal/...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well, we can't seem to keep clean sheets at home. Of the 16 teams to qualify you could say there are atleast 10-12 that are better defensively than us.

Our progress really depends on what kind of form Klose, Toni and Ribery are in. We're not going to keep a lot of teams out. Thats why playing the second leg at home, I really dont see it as much of an advantage.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we can't seem to keep clean sheets at home. Of the 16 teams to qualify you could say there are atleast 10-12 that are better defensively than us.
Sadly that is true. But then again, in offense we are the 2nd or the best team in the CL. Maybe only Barca are better than us in that aspect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts