Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Depor is almost out, but they should try to achieve at least the 3rd place, which is very difficult too. Deportivo depends on 2 victories by Liverpool... and I don't think it happens.

Good luck though.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yes, good luck, but Depor is almost out... it's even a worse case than ours :rolleyes:

By the way, isn't it called Olympiacos now?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
2-0 Olympiakos

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Bye. Even a UEFA cup seat is not got. Continue their good revive in the league, struggling for the UCL seat next season?

I hope Neverpool can't win against Olymp the last match and in turn will not be promoted. I wish the Spaniard there the best any day of the week, but as much as I hate Neverpool :fero:, BAD LUCK to Poooool. :crazy:

Olymp and Monaco, GO GO GO!!!!!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I really cant believe how bad they look in the CL this season. You would expect after last season that they would even be one of the title contenders this season but its the complete opposite.. 0 wins? Thats absurd !

TIme for new ideas in Depor, Irurreta gave it his all.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
I really cant believe how bad they look in the CL this season. You would expect after last season that they would even be one of the title contenders this season but its the complete opposite.. 0 wins? Thats absurd !

TIme for new ideas in Depor, Irurreta gave it his all.
I agree... and not only they haven't won, they haven't scored a single goal in 5 matches :wth: I can see Depor fighting for the 4th place in Liga, but they aren't even favorites right now, so their future in the European Elite isn't clear.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Setzer said:
I agree... and not only they haven't won, they haven't scored a single goal in 5 matches :wth: I can see Depor fighting for the 4th place in Liga, but they aren't even favorites right now, so their future in the European Elite isn't clear.
So they havent scored a single goal this whole competition?? :eekani: :irritate:

But i really fear that now theyre out of the CL, they will take La Liga by storm. Theyre already only 3 points behind Madrid after a dreadful start to the season and i really believe that this ealy CL exit will motivate them more.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
wow, this is not good for la liga to see Depor kicked out.

Spanish football maybe on a down ward trend with Depor, Madrid and Valencia struggling to get points.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Che said:
wow, this is not good for la liga to see Depor kicked out.

Spanish football maybe on a down ward trend with Depor, Madrid and Valencia struggling to get points.
Some time ago, I opened a thread in the Spanish NT & leagues forum talking about the transition in Spanish football. Valencia and Real Madrid still keep an accpetable level, mainly based in the quality of their players. Deportivo is already finished... maybe they can fight for the 4th place in La Liga, but they're not an option to win anything. They need new faces.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Irureta: We're Just Unlucky

Deportivo manager Javier Irureta bemoaned his side's luck after the Spanish club lost another Champions League match.
Depor came close to equalizing but had a goal-bound shot cleared off the line by Giorgos Anatolakis of Olympiakos.

"We have had our chances but we haven’t had any luck. We could have scored today when Nikopolidis failed to block and his teammate saved," seethed Irureta.

"I can’t say much about it, it’s a matter of luck."

goal.com
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jabo, you can't talk about bad luck when your team isn't able to score a single goal in 5 matches... :dontcare:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Setzer said:
Jabo, you can't talk about bad luck when your team isn't able to score a single goal in 5 matches... :dontcare:
Jabo should have said... we've been 5 times unlucky :D

Imagine what Numancia's coach could say then... :dielaugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts