8-1 Bayern Munich
9-1 Real Madrid
10-1 AC Milan and Inter Milan
14-1 Arsenal
16-1 Valencia and Galatasaray
20-1 Deportivo Coruna
25-1 Bayern Munich
33-1 Leeds United

Come on!! Sporting and Porto have to be listed somewhere!! Did these people simply forget Portuguese teams are in the CL? Gala and Leeds?!

Personall, I see both Porto and Sporting as having similar chances as La Coruna. Bayern had to ranked higher than that.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, but surely as champions of Portugal, Sporting deserve some mention. La Coruna are the Spanish champs, but they don't have a prayer of winning the CL. Neither do Leeds or Gala. I just think we are getting slighted by not at least being mentioned on the list. Hell, even being put last is better than being ignored.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Agreed. It's just populist **** though. Gala wouldn't have been there without just winning the UEFA cup. What they are saying is that our odds are longer than those mentioned.

D

·
0 Posts
Basically everyones sees Portugal as a Mini Metro parked next to a Porsche (Spain). We are just a bit on the side of Europe who are disrespected my others.

As for those odds....I think Anderlecht could go further than Galatasaray.

I would personally say:

FC Porto 40-1
Sporting 50-1 (or 500-1 if they draw Viking Stavanger) :)

But seriously, stop reminding us that Porto need to qualify, we know this, and I think that we will do so without too many problems. Boavista, Benfica, and Sporting have all done it the last 3 years, so i'm sure we can do to.

Funny if we came up against Beitar Jerusalem.

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parma thought they'd qualify with no problem this year and they lost to Rangers. Qualification isn't so easy because you won't necessarily be playing some puny team from the Baltics. You guys might face real competition. If that happens, who knows. For the record, however, I hope you guys do make it. Maybe we can spank your butt in the Final? We can only dream.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm afraid that's all you'll be doing, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts