Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The choices my ratings are the stars 1 star = crap 5 stars = excellent

REAL MADRID :star: :star: :star:

the most decorated club in European Champions Cup history, loads of flair and individual talent but weak in the middle of the park.

BAYERN MUNICH :star: :star:

many titles but they are German :yuck:

BARCELONA :star: :star: :star: :star:

the most beautiful team to watch at present, but they look like quite a midget team to me, plus they are dropping like flies at the moment, they could be weak physically and Ronaldinho doesn't like the physical stuff as seen by his no-shows against Celtic the past two seasons.

BREMEN :star:

German champions, they have some good players but i've never heard of any apart from that French lad that can't get into the French squad even though 25 players retired from it in the summer.

PORTO :star:

they are the current European Champions but most pundits put that down to amazing luck and hardwork rather than good football, have sold half of their defence and Maniche wants to go too, will be pleased just to be in this round and will probably be gallant losers but no threat whatsoever.

I'll take Real because Beckham couldn't control his bladder after two shandies let alone a midfield v Vieira and Fabregas.. :shades:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
BRING ON MADRID!

No worries about 10 men deep in this clash just pure football winners takes all.

Also I know we'll hammer them.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
It would be funny, seeing Cesc running circles round Becks. But for better attacking football, an Arse-Barca game would be my preference.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no takers for Bayern, they beat us last time with a typical boring completely jammy 1-0 win, they scored early then defended for the rest of the game like the disgracefully efficient German team they are, if i remember they really dived a lot as well. :yuck:

revenge could be worth waiting 3 years for. :shades:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
According to your opening team decription post, Barca seems the weakest among the lot :stuckup:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diavolo said:
According to your opening team decription post, Barca seems the weakest among the lot :stuckup:
what do you mean ? they have a :star: :star: :star: :star: rating, that means very good. :shades:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what do you mean ? they have a :star: :star: :star: :star: rating, that means very good. :shades:
I missed the stars :star: I just read your comments ;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
The choices my ratings are the stars 1 star = crap 5 stars = excellent

PORTO :star:

they are the current European Champions but most pundits put that down to amazing luck and hardwork rather than good football, have sold half of their defence and Maniche wants to go too, will be pleased just to be in this round and will probably be gallant losers but no threat whatsoever.
Porto are recovering from getting a new manager and selling their MVP's. Winning in Moscow and coming back to beat a strong Chelsea selection is an indication of strenght, and as these matches are still some way off, Porto will have integrated players like Diego and Fabiano even more.

All in all your ratings suck ;).
There's not a single easy pick for Arsenal here, nor are any of the above teams even close to being crap, as the only two somewhat dodgy teams, PSV and Liverpool, are teams you're prevented from meeting.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wouldn't mind facing the Euro flops! :D

·
Commander of the OSE
780 Posts
I love it when people underrate strong, but unknown teams, last year was brilliant :tongue:

I hope you get Bremen and get smashed.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Likely to struggle against: Barcelona
It would be nail-bitingly even against: Werder Bremen; Bayern Munchen
Should beat: Real Madrid (they've only got ten men); Porto.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Tunis4life said:
BRING ON MADRID!

Also I know we'll hammer them.
You, and about 99% of other XT users, are in for a very rude awakening in February. A lot of people are like "Ooh yeah, bring on Madrid".

Haha. Are you sure?

How will you hammer Real Madrid when you struggled against PSV and Panathanaikos?

Stop running your mouth.

Ronaldo and Zidane will have a field day, Arsenal are a joke in the CL. :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Ronaldo can't do anything if he can't get the ball given to him, and with Beckham "controlling" the midfield he'd have no hope. Samuel against our pacey players would be side-splittingly funny.

People who give us absolutely no hope at all are in for a rude awakening too ;) To be the best we have to beat the best, may as well start with the Merengue's, eh?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Ronaldo can't do anything if he can't get the ball? WRONG.

Ronaldo can't do anything if he decides to be LAZY.

He doesn't need service..if he is in the mood, the guy can just pick up the ball and run at defenders.

Woodgate will be back by the time the CL returns...so Helguera will move into midfield.

Beckham-Helguera-Zidane-Figo

That will be our probable midfield.

Don't forget we have more experience than Arsenal, I expect us to beat you if we play.

·
Registered
841 Posts
:jester:
Jern Lizardhous said:
BARCELONA :star: :star: :star: :star:

the most beautiful team to watch at present, but they look like quite a midget team to me, plus they are dropping like flies at the moment, they could be weak physically and Ronaldinho doesn't like the physical stuff as seen by his no-shows against Celtic the past two seasons.
We are midgets because all our tall players are injured :D

Ronaldinho no-show against Celtic? Maybe this season but that was down to form, last season he was a one man show against them. Maybe he doesn't like much physical stuff, but let's see Viera and Campbell catch him first :smileani:

I wouldn't mind facing you guys it would be the most exciting tie to watch IMO. I don't like facing the "defensive" teams like Chelsea or Juventus because it will kill our football.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
We'll either get Bremen or Porto. We suck when it comes to exotic draws :(

nEEbz

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
My Dream Draw:

Manchester United v Juventus
Barcelona v Chelsea
Arsenal v Real Madrid

:D

nEEbz

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
that would be awesome..
and id like to see man u, barca and arsenal thru..
with arsenal barca in the 1/4 and arsenal manu in the semis...

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern,

Bremen is definitely more than 1 star. At this time they look good. Don't know what state they will be in February.

You just want Real because you know they will not sit back and defend very conveniently handing the Arsenal counter-attack strategy to your lot. :D Arsenal will have trouble against Bremen, Bayern, Porto etc because they can kill off the pace of the game and sit back thereby giving the pedestal for TITI to choke as he has no space. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
gunner4ever said:
that would be awesome..
and id like to see man u, barca and arsenal thru..
with arsenal barca in the 1/4 and arsenal manu in the semis...
Huh? I didn't know you enjoy going out in the semis so much...........
Wait.... maybe in the quarters.....

1 - 20 of 158 Posts