1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Champions League Group G, Matchday 1
17th of September, 20:45 CET
At Estádio do Dragão, Porto​

With just two weeks to go, our road to Rome will start off at Porto first. Our Champions League run will depend on this game, not because it is our first match but because we will most likely have to compete with Porto for a qualifying slot.

The mentality of Fenerbahçe's players must be very strong. We have put on very dismal performances against IBB, Gaziantep and Partizan. On a positive note, it seems like Porto have lost one of their most influential star, Ricardo Quaresma to Inter so we should take this opportunity to capitalize on this situation.

At the moment it seems we will have to rely on CKR and Uğur whose performances are letting our standards go down. The Hulk Deivid is injured and we could have really needed a replacement like Topuz but our Başkan is too stubborn to spend that much on a talented Turkish footballer. Good luck Fener.

Betting odds (Bwin)

Porto - 1.85
Draw - 3.20
Fener - 4.00

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good luck to Fener.

I was going to say that I had faith in our players to step up their game in this one like they did last year but thinking about it I'm not so sure....

I think we are going to miss Deivid ALOT!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Too early to tell considering injuries and stuff, but expected Porto line-up:

Helton
Sapunaru - Pedro Emanuel(C) - Bruno Alves - Fucile
Tomas Costa - Raul Meireles
Lucho
Lisandro Lopez - Hulk - Cristian Rodriguez​

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Also too early to tell because Fenerbahce has a league match, and 8 internationals have WC qualifier matches before this CL match...

·
*the drum drum*
42,998 Posts
That midfield worries me, with Ugur off form and Kazim being Kazim, Porto will run straight over the top of us with Lucho & Meireles.

If we want to get something from this game, we'll need to play with a midfield with Emre on the left, Maldonado holding and someone other than Kazim on the right. If we're going to be daring, then Burak as he is an attacking option but does work his socks off in midfield too. If not, then we can either throw Josico into the deep end, or opt for Selçuk :scared:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Aragones is said to be elaborating on a different formation. Josico, Maldo, Alex, and Emre in midfield.
Fener have only one game to test this before Porto and with the Hacettepe match on the suni 19 Mayis pitch, the coach could be just happy if eleven starters were available in Porto. Let's hope for the best...

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Josh, I thought Lucho was captain?
Only when Pedro Emanuel had a season long injury. Lucho is the 2nd captain. Bruno Alves is 3rd.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
It seems Porto has an unfair advantage :lazy:.
lol :D

His name's Givanildo Vieira da Souza, but he goes by Hulk and that's what is on his jersey.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I thought for a second Deivid De Souza had secretly recovered from his injury and transfered to Porto ;)

(incase you don't get it, he also has the nickname "Hulk")

·
*the drum drum*
42,998 Posts
Plenty of time for players to get injured so there's no knowing what the line-up will be.

Aragones started with a 4-3-1-2 which didn't look good through pre-season and then absolutely bombed away to Partizan. So he thought he'd make it a 4-4-1-1 away to Gaziantepspor, but again it was terrible to watch.

Since this one is away, he could opt for the 4-4-1-1 again, so I'm guessing that he'll start this team;

Güiza

Alex

Emre - Maldonado - Josico - Kazim

Carlos - Lugano - Edu/Yasin - Gökhan

Volkan​

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i would like to see this lineup against porto

...................volkan
gokhan....lugano....yasin....carlos
.........josico........maldonado
kazim?.........alex.........emre
..................guiza

i wish we had topuz [EDITED OUT BY MaidenMadness]

deivid needs to come back, he would complete the lineup

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
BuzyB, where's that pic of your old avatar of that guy? You know, the one that says "YOU'RE GONNA GET RAPED"? Because that should be faxed to everyone of our players and staff before this game.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Calm dow guys Porto is nothing special this year....they played against a very weak side Belenenses in the first round of the league three weeks ago and they struggle...against us they got the help of the ref.

We will take care of them in kyiv as with you guys anyway.:D

I predict a close fight between porto,fenerbahce and Dinamo.

Who gets points from Arsenal will go trough.

Porto-Fenerbahce 2-1,Fenerbahce-Porto 3-1.:)

1 - 20 of 303 Posts