Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw, well it would actually be nice IMO if all the English teams can avoid each other and indeed if Villareal and Barca avoid each other. I find games from the same league quite boring because I watch them in their own leagues anyway. Of course, it would also be interesting to see if we could get a final 4 of EPL teams. It is possible we could get the same semi-finalists as last season in Barca, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool. I woud like (not predict) this draw:

Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Liverpool v Villareal
Chelsea v Barcelona
Porto v Man Utd

I also hope the winners will be Bayern Munich or Villareal because they have at least 1 Italian player or 2 in Bayern's case. Of course Liverpool have Dossena, but that doesnt count as he is not a first team player at the moment :D Indeed if Bayern win it is better than Inter winning it as they are likely to have 2 Italian players in the final, which is more or less the same as Inter, but I like Toni alot more than Balotelli :pp

I think the winners will be Liverpool though, on a 1 off European night, they are a tremendous team.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Go Porto and Villarreal!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Draw is fixed lads.

Bracket 1

Arsenal v Liverpool
Chelsea v Barcelona

Bracket 2

Bayern Munich v Villarreal
Man Utd V FC Porto

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Predict the Champions League QFs

Liverpool vs Chelsea
Man Utd vs Bayern
Porto vs Barcelona
Arsenal vs Villarreal

EDIT: Just saw Deano's thread. Merge please.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have this thread already :rolleyes:

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
For some reason I think Man U will draw one of the favorites, either Chelsea, Barça, or Bayern. I don't really care how it plays out though, just as long as there is 1 all English quarterfinal tie, the possibility of 4 English teams in the semi finals would just be bad all around.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If Platini is going to have his way..

Barcelona vs Arsenal (only English team that Barca will 100% blow away)
Liverpool vs Chelsea (will be 0-0 or 1-0 both legs, drumming up the English 'anti-football' hype)
Man Utd vs Villarreal (United will outclass any team they face so might as well give them the weakest yet the only team United havent beaten)
Bayern vs Porto

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Liverpool - Man U
Arsenal - Chelsea
Villa - Barcelona
Bayern - Porto

this guarantess an even semi s

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
So when is the draw?

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
They couldn't blow away 10 men in Paris. :D

Barca are awesome, no doubt, but I like how Arsenal are the underdogs. It might just work for them.
The draw is yet to take place, and if we draw Villareal we move out of being 'underdogs', do we not?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
no chelsea vs barça please

I would like to see

Arsenal v Porto
Liverpool v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Villareal
Barcelona v Man Utd

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
They couldn't blow away 10 men in Paris. :D

Barca are awesome, no doubt, but I like how Arsenal are the underdogs. It might just work for them.
But you have to admit this season your team is no comparison to that 06 team, through injuries, lack of spending, or whatever, the fact is on current form I don't give them very good odds at all.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
But you have to admit this season your team is no comparison to that 06 team, through injuries, lack of spending, or whatever, the fact is on current form I don't give them very good odds at all.
Agreed, this season Arsenal have been disappointing. I still think in a one-off game with Cesc, Rosicky, Ade et.al in the starting line-up they can be as dangerous as anyone.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts