Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First leg at the Greeks saw a 0-0 draw.

Which means we MUST win in order to qualify. A 0-0 draw will get us Extra Time, any other draw and we are knocked out.

-Each and every player is fit and ready, no injuries

Discuss.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
UCL: Chelsea - Olympiakos (Mar 5)

Champions League action returns after morale-boosting 4 - 0 win over West Ham. All Chelsea players are available for selection. If somebody managed to forget, the first leg ended goalless. Given that, any draw with goals scored does suit for Greeks and completely doesn't for Blues.

It'll be interesting to see team's line-up after that impressive Saturday's win. Some players who are normally considered to be starters (most notably Essien and Drogba) were left out and it will be the tough choice for Grant whether to recall them or to leave them out again.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shevchenko is PLAYING IN THE RESERVES GOD ****ING DAMN IT

Andriy Shevchenko captains the side as he works towards fitness after suffering back problems, while there is also space in the team for Claudio Pizarro and Tal Ben-Haim, as those players lacking involvement in recent weeks are provided with a platform to impress Avram Grant.

Steve Sidwell will feature against his former club for a third time, having featured in both Premier League fixtures against them this season while Hilario will provide further experience as he plays in goal, allowing Rhys Taylor a rest before FA Youth Cup action on Friday.

Argentine Franco Di Santo will be hoping to add to his first competitive goal in a Chelsea shirt, achieved in the last reserve outing against Fulham, the third of three consecutive draws. That was three weeks ago, with the game against Arsenal a week ago postponed.

WTF WTF WTF

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I think this should be our squad :

------------Cech------------
Belletti-Terry-Carvalho-A.Cole
----Essien-Ballack-Lampard---
Joe Cole---Drogba----Malouda

Subs : SWP for Malouda, Mikel for Essien, Kaloupy for Malouda

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
am going to the stadium this time! finally got tickets!! lol hoping for a good night....

·
Registered
17,516 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I hope you guys get knocked out tomorrow....
1-1 :D Djordjevic with the important goal
ALL HAIL GATE 7
I'm sure you do. I'm sure you get a hard-on thinking about Serbs playing in Europe scoring important goals...but keep your wet dreams to yourself pervert :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
apparently ballack is to be cut from midfield to play Lamps, Maka and Essien. And play the hailed two man forward line of the Drog and Anelka?

All my personal like for Ballack aside. That is just the stupidest move any manager can ever make. Dropping an in-form top class player to play a returning hero, a superb ball winner and a not really inform box to box midfielder.

So is that Avram for you?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts