Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fenerbahçe heads to seville with a 3-2 lead, a draw or a flat win is good enough for Fener to advance...

vs

in a first leg that ended in a high scoring 3-2 victory for the Turks, many expect the same... Thanks to Semih's late goal in the first leg all Fener needs is a draw...

[tub]sJNX9JSfF_Q[/tub]

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
If we score 2 goals then they are gonna have to score 4 goals to qualify. It's that simple so Alex better do his magic on tuesday.

The odds for the game:
Sevilla - €1.40
Draw - €4.00
Fenerbahçe - €7.25

·
*the drum drum*
42,889 Posts
Very tough, and it's all about surviving the opening 20 minutes. If we can do that, it's game on from there on out.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hopefully he is.

I hope we can manage to get some away goals. Sevilla have some good fans, so I am sure they will be pushing them to attack.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Judging by Carlos, Maldonado, and Deniz still training in the fitness room while the other players practiced outside is probably an indication that they will not be ready for the match on tuesday.

May every divine power be with us. Because we're going to be eaten alive with the way we are playing lately. :wallbang:

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
May every divine power be with us. Because we're going to be eaten alive with the way we are playing lately. :wallbang:
This is what I fear. The players must be extremely focused and motivated for this game. We cannot dick about and go to Seville with the mentality we have in the league. Otherwise... :scared:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
This is what I fear. The players must be extremely focused and motivated for this game. We cannot dick about and go to Seville with the mentality we have in the league. Otherwise... :scared:
Otherwise it'll be complete humiliation.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Exactly.

Alex must step up. If he plays well, the team will play well. As long as he doesn't get man marked, he can produce some magic for us.

·
*the drum drum*
42,889 Posts
What happens in the league and what happens in Europe isn't the same, there's little reason to fear that.

The bigger issue here is that Sevilla is a very difficult destination, and their team is the type that gives us trouble, a fast paced and aggressive side. Like I said before, that first 20 minutes is going to be hell, and it takes a twisted and dare I say somewhat masochist mindset to properly deal with what I expect that 20 minutes to be like.

All in all we need to slow the pace of the game down to our own satisfaction, easier said than done. They'll start very quick, and up until the point that we can adapt to their tempo we'll be on the back foot for long periods.

If we survive 20 minutes and then begin to stroke the ball around the park with confidence, then only a cruel twist of fate will prevent us going through.

On Alex, Poulsen will man mark him. That's not much of an issue apart from the fact that he'll probably injure Alex. He's one of the dirtiest of the dirty football scum. Alex gave him the run around in the first leg anyway.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
You need a perfect game to prevail guys, Sevilla at home is scary to say the least.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys need to settle down, as much as I respect my opponent you act like we're taking a trip to hell? Oh wow they have intimidating and crazy fans and they're good at home... I think Fenerbahce a Turkish team has seen it all when it comes to hostile environments

I'm not worried about the fans affecting Fenerbahce, even if they do motivate their side we can handle that, we play in Turkiye for fuks sake...

As for the match there is no reason Fenerbahce can't advance, if we play proper football and weather the early storm like tolga said, then pressure is on sevilla, lets remember guys we're going into this game up 3-2, lets think with confidence, win or lose its been a good run in europe this season :D, but AGAIN I don't give two shits about sevilla's two away goals, we're going into this leg with the advantage, not them...

·
*the drum drum*
42,889 Posts
It's not Sevilla's fans that make the trip intimidating and difficult, it's the team itself. They fire up and are on a whole new level playing at home.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I'm not worried about the fans affecting Fenerbahce, even if they do motivate their side we can handle that, we play in Turkiye for fuks sake...
Yes that is true but in Spain it's a worse type of intimidation and that is RACISM!! It's happened to Trabzon at Real Zaragoza fans spitting all over black players i saw one ****** spit into his hand multiple times and throw it at Yattara. You don't see that in a lot of places.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I realized Fener didn't fly out Sunday. Given the distance to Sevilla, it sounds quite unusual.

P.S. It's already announced R.Carlos (and Maldonado) won't go. The coaching staff needed to postpone the flight to get all tips from Carlos in a day?!

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Şeytan;6153900 said:
It's not Sevilla's fans that make the trip intimidating and difficult, it's the team itself. They fire up and are on a whole new level playing at home.
Well we'll play accordingly, we took the trip to holland last year and scored twice, alkmaar's home record in europe is actually something to brag about.. I understand how strong sevilla is at home, but we're going in with an advantage I just want people to be more confident...

oh and if anyone finds out ANY news about carlos's situation please share with us ASAP, the importance of having a player with his experience on the field would be huge

·
*the drum drum*
42,889 Posts
Well, speaking of AZ is interesting. Sevilla has only lost one European match at home once in their entire history, and that was to AZ last season in the group stages of the UEFA Cup. So AZ's home record became a talking point only after they broke Sevilla's own (better) home record that had lasted 39 years.

Nothing beats Manchester's 40 odd years though :howler:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Şeytan;6154037 said:
Well, speaking of AZ is interesting. Sevilla has only lost one European match at home once in their entire history, and that was to AZ last season in the group stages of the UEFA Cup. So AZ's home record became a talking point only after they broke Sevilla's own (better) home record that had lasted 39 years.

Nothing beats Manchester's 40 odd years though :howler:
Until they met us :strong:

1 - 20 of 350 Posts