Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday night 20.45 cet. Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin: Most important game of the season yet. If we win and move through we are right where we want to be. If we don't.... it will be a failure that might have major consequences.

So - what do you all think?

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
First of, whats the news on Zlatan and Trez? Will they be available? Thuram I only think didn't start against Samp because the risk of a suspension against Milan, no? Camo was rested.

Great to have Zambro back also, an unfit Zambro is better then any other fullback we have. Hopefully he will regain some form till the game. Bremen attacked us a lot from the flanks last game, with Zambro that will hopefully be solved. By the way, is Chiellini back?

One of our mains strenghts as a team is that we have patience to wear our opponents down. We wait for the right moments to strike. Unfortuanytly this strenghs is what's worrying me most. Last year against Liverpool we knew that if we didn't concede at Delle Alpi, and at the same time scored one we would pass the round. Mission one accomplished. Mission two failed. We kept on waiting and waiting for that goal and we were positive that at some point in the game it would come, but as you all recall 90+ mins passed and their cage hadn't rattled once. What had happened?

So the key for me is to have an attacking mind from the off. No gung-ho football, but our main priority should be to score. Ofcourse we should avoid conceding, but due to our two away goals it would't be the end of the world if they nicked one. I just don't wan't to see the same attitude I saw against Liverpool last year, that would infuriate me.

We'll make it guys. Be positive.
My prediction: 3-1.

Forza Juve!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hasuni said:
Mission two failed. We kept on waiting and waiting for that goal and we were positive that at some point in the game it would come, but as you all recall 90+ mins passed and their cage hadn't rattled once.
Correction, Cannavaro hit the post and that must qualify as rattling the cage ;).

Otherwise I'm in complete agreement, and I'm very confident we'll do what's required as well. Obviously the availability of Trez/Zlatan is a concern, and I think Kovac left the game yesterday with an injury, but I just cannot think we'll **** up against Bremen at home. We're just too good for that.

------------Del Piero Trezeguet
-----Nedved-------------------- Camoranesi
--------------Vieira Emerson
Zambrotta ----Canna Thuram-------Balzaretti
------------------Buffon

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Glen said:
One bad omen though.... referee is Graham Poll :eekani: .

Again - we get one of the worst referees in Europe. One who has continually been a travesty in Juve games.
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

P.S. We nearly said goodbye to the CL thanks to Mr. Poll. He never awarded a crystal clear penalty on Serginho, 3 minutes from time, during our 1-0 loss in Eindhoven :doh:

On the match: I can't see Juve not winning, or better, I can't see Weder's defence not conceeding goals :neutral:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
He really does, but let's not focus on the ref. Last year we could have progressed if the ref was perfect (Del Piero's goal in Anfield), but in the end we wasn't good enough. This year, let's BE GOOD ENOUGH!

So Glen read anything concerning Zlatan and Trez (and Chiellini)?

·
Administrator
52,414 Posts
Though one is nervous as heck, due to the fact this a make or break game for our season, I'm still not that worried of this game.

Because the first leg game was the worst performance of our season, and still Werder basically awarded us several chances, their defence was an open book, it was pathetic to see. Even though we are a bit off form(but still winning :pp), I cant see how we cant outscore this unbalanced team in Delle Alpi.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
"Juventus can't give tickets away for the Stadio dell'Alpi for European games, but the club have invited all 26,000 volunteers and workers at the Winter Olympics in Turin to be their guests for the match."

Taken from the article neebz posted in the NT forum. (I'm expecting something like 5 jokes about a Juventusfan, that would be me, stealing something from an article. Spare me please, heard it all before.:D)

So atleast we'll have a half full stadium for this game. :D

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
only if those 26.000 people can be arsed to show up, which i very much doubt. ;)

Glen said:
If we don't.... it will be a failure that might have major consequences.
awwww... that's music to my ears. :D

failure - major consequences *clap clap clap*

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Hasuni said:
"Juventus can't give tickets away for the Stadio dell'Alpi for European games, but the club have invited all 26,000 volunteers and workers at the Winter Olympics in Turin to be their guests for the match."

Taken from the article neebz posted in the NT forum. (I'm expecting something like 5 jokes about a Juventusfan, that would be me, stealing something from an article. Spare me please, heard it all before.:D)

So atleast we'll have a half full stadium for this game. :D
22.827 out of those 26.000 have been reported to be Toro supporters :shades:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont have a good feeling about this game.

we cant afford to conceed...if this happens, i dont see us making it.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We've scored in every game we've played this season since the Super Cup. We were awful and still scored twice at Bremen. Bremen are 0-1-2 in CL so far away from home, 3-6 being the scoreline for those games, whereas we are 3-0-0 at home, scoreline 6-1.

In the Bundesliga, Bremen are 6-3-3 away from home, scoreline 19-11.
In serieA we are 13-1-0 at home, scoreline 28-5.

We CAN screw up, and that would be awful, but there's no way we aren't big favourites to move on, and if we play a competent game we will. :devil:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Juve will lose because if Poll is the ref, he doesnt give them easy decisions like in Italy :D

On a more serious note, this is a grand chance for Del Piero to be a true leader of Juve. I predict 2-0 Juve but we will see.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
ILA said:
I'm hoping for Werder to progress, they earned my respect after I seen the beautiful exhibition they put on display at the Weser.

Still, may the best team win.

NOOOO !!

Juve should progress. We don't want a single German team in the next round.

..ofcourse if we progress :D

1 - 20 of 215 Posts