Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Let's start to think about Depor match. I watched Valencia-Depor yesterday, and Valencia left no chance to them. Deport were outplayed. They were down to ten men when Mauro Silva got red, and it happened in the first half. In the second half, they looked quite ok, but 90s minutes were crucial for them, as Valencia managed to score two more goals. Vicente was amazing...

Meanwhile, Juve defeated Brescia after conceding 2 goals. However, as some admit, we defeated them not without controversial desicions.

Against Depor I expect Del Piero start. I don't believe that Lippi would line Miccoli , Di Vaio will likely to be a starter.
Whatever, I hope we kick Depor's ass and carry on CL campaign!!!

FORZA JUVE!:cool: :strong:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
So it's basically crunch time now.

Regardless of how badly we've been sucking, this next week will determine our fate this season in all competitions (Coppa, CL, and Serie A). We all know that a surprisingly glorious amount can be salvaged out of this dire season, and we're still capable of playing proper football. I can see us beating Deportivo and surviving Milan, but I want us to that like we used to - with hunger and passion. I want Juve to be inspired to win.

What do you reckon Lippi should do, squad rotation and otherwise, this next week and for the rest of this season, to reJuvenate Juve? The absence of Maresca doesn't help one bit - but I think alot depends on whether Nedved and Delpiero show up.

Play Camo? Conte? Bring back Tudor to midfield? Get Biri out on the wings? Move Thuram to a more central role? I think these things are unimportant. The key is motivation and we lack that. Simple. Even the players we expect so much from have been sub-par. Good news is Neddie scored a great goal at Brescia and DP has some rest. They'd BETTER show up!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
you will need luck to go through :)

I suspect Depor is aiming for CL more than Liga and the weekend result reflect this, in a perverse kind of way, Depor being humbled 0 - 3 is bad news for Juve.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well one thing Juve need to do is not concede, and that to me seems unlikely at the moment. I hope Maresca is fit for your sakes as he is important in keeping Juve going in the midfield. Juve need to hold the ball more and watch out for Depor's quick counter attacks and through balls to the wingers!!!

I predict 3-1 Juve :eek: well I hope Juve can make i through but I do doubt it!!!

Del Piero
Pandiani
Di Vaio
Legrottaglie :eek:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Zambro will be out?

Injuries: Maresca, Trez, Tudor, Zambrotta?
Suspended: none

Birindelli is back I believe. He played in the first leg so he must be fit by now.

Depor is not very attacking when away from home from what I have noticed in La Liga.

-----------------------Buffon-----------------------

Ferrera---------Legro----Thuram-----Birindelli--

--Camoranesi-----Tacchinardi-----Appiah----

------------------------Nedved

----------------Miccoli-------------Del Piero----------

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Nyuka said:
Ok. Let's start to think about Depor match. I watched Valencia-Depor yesterday, and Valencia left no chance to them. Deport were outplayed. They were down to ten men when Mauro Silva got red, and it happened in the first half. In the second half, they looked quite ok, but 90s minutes were crucial for them, as Valencia managed to score two more goals. Vicente was amazing...
I've read two of your analyses about two Spanish matches I saw (Depor-Barca and Valencia-Depor) and I must say I'm quite surprised. How could someone possibly judge matches so badly?:eek:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Depor loss against Valencia is misleading, don't be fooled by two losses in a rwo in La Liga. They played well, created and cotrolled.

Its a hard game to predict as both teams like to play the counter attack, but Juve needs to come out and play, so depor should be able to play their quick counter attack game with Luque, Valeron and co.

They also know, that La Liga is not a goal anymore, after lossing to Barcelona and Valencia, so the CL it is.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
We'll have to attack and not defend.Hopefully Miccoli and DP at the front,that would be nice.The Juve morale will probably be high now after the (controversial?) comeback and with Deportivo they lost heavily at home...Forza Juve!:cool:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Gianluca said:
Deportivo they lost heavily at home...Forza Juve!:cool:
Depor lost away at Valencia, 3-0 and played with ten most of the game and should had won or at least tie. The last two goals of the games, were irrelevant, they came when the game was over and at minute 92 and 93. Again, don't be fooled by that score.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
barça said:
Depor lost away at Valencia, 3-0 and played with ten most of the game and should had won or at least tie. The last two goals of the games, were irrelevant, they came when the game was over and at minute 92 and 93. Again, don't be fooled by that score.
Didn't knew that but what I meant is that Deportivo must be at least a bit down after such a loss...Now they're for sure out of the title race ;)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bailemos, why badly? Do you really think Depor had any chance against either Barca or Valencia?...

·
Registered
210 Posts
If Juve's current form is anything to go by, I think we are looking at a defeat. Juve's first half against Brescia was terrible. Second half was a lot better but it won't cause problems for Depor in the slightest.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts