Xtratime Community banner

CL: Juventus - Ajax

2K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  polaris 
#1 ·
Capello eyes pointless win Monday 22 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello maintains his Juventus side will look for victory against Ajax – despite already winning Group C.

"We are obliged to do well because we are still Juventus," said the tactician ahead of Tuesday’s Turin clash.

"We don’t lack any motivation and winning would still be important for us because it would boost our European ranking.

"I can assure you that my players will go into this game with grit, attention and determination."

The Bianconeri have won all four of their Champions’ League games 1-0 so far and Capello expects Ajax to test them.

"They are an important club on the European scene," he added. "They always produce players of great talent."

The Delle Alpi outfit go into the clash after their surprising 2-0 reverse at Atalanta on Friday in the Coppa Italia.

"I thought we did well until they scored," continued Capello. "However we were disunited after that goal and that led to errors which we must not make again."

The tactician has left Alex Del Piero out of the squad for tomorrow’s game but Zlatan Ibrahimovic should feature.

"He’ll want to do well against his former teammates," noted the ex-Roma boss. "It is just important that he stays calm and plays his normal game."

Juventus squad - Goalkeepers: Buffon, Chimenti.

Defenders: Legrottaglie, Montero, Tudor, Birindelli, Thuram, Zambrotta, Cannavaro.

Midfielders: Emerson, Tacchinardi, Appiah, Camoranesi, Blasi, Nedved.

Attackers: Zalayeta, Olivera, Ibrahimovic, Kapo.

channel4

See less See more
#2 ·
i say forget about this game. rest everyone and give it all against Inter. I want revenge against inter more than anything. And for the players to have a hahve nice rest, especially the ones who missed the coppa italia game, i think it would do a world of good for many players.

#3 ·
damnit why is Kapo considered an attacker. He should be developed as left winger imo. We only have Nedved there and Kapo should learn to play there. Same for Olivera, he should be played on the right and nowhere else.. well perhaps in center mid. We won't aid these players development by moving them all over the field.

As for the match, not the most important considering we're through already. Hope Capello takes advantage of this so that we have fresh legs against Inter.

Forza Juve!

#4 ·
CUG said:
i say forget about this game. rest everyone and give it all against Inter. I want revenge against inter more than anything. And for the players to have a hahve nice rest, especially the ones who missed the coppa italia game, i think it would do a world of good for many players.
Concur with you Adrian. All the players that Capello has in mind to play against Inter should be rested for this game. We've qualified as group winners now, and it'll be meaningless or stupid to play the first teamers. Let them reserve thier energy for the clash against the perdentti.

#5 ·
It will be the first Juve game this season that I wont see:eek: :D sens Juve have already progressed and Zlatan might not play(his almost the only reason they show the games) because of the upcoming Inter game,or he will play but maybe not 90 mins.They have opted for Liverpool-Monaco instead.I dont think Capello will bench that many,as usual.

#21 ·
Great save by Buffon in the 27th minute. Montero booked as usual :rollani: Also, Camoranesi gets to miss the match against Macabi T-Aviv. Should be an easy one, though :D

Out of the crowd of 5000 fans, only 500 were Dutch.

Does anyone know when the verdict is in the case against Giraudo and Agricola? Should be before Sunday's game :confused:

#25 ·
Faith Knopfler said:
Montero booked as usual
On the contrary, he remained if not cool, rather considerate with the way he reacted to the little prick VdV's horrendous two-feet tackle! Had I been Montero on that particular instance, I would've of 'broken his neck', in Zlatan's words!

Andy: Neither Emerson nor Nedved did throw all their vital energy into the battle believe me! It was minimalistic service. And they've had plenty of time to rest anyway. Scoring opportunities were seldom, from both sides, we slowed the game down on purpose and controlled the flow of the game rather well, only did we accelerate the tempo for 10 minutes or so. The lads won't suffer against Inter from their presence on the pitch tonight.

Ratings (no time to comment sorry)

Buffon- 6.5
Birindelli- 7
Thuram- 7.5
Montero- 6.5
Zambrotta- 6.5
Camoranesi- 7.5
Emerson- 7
Alessio- 6
Nedved- 6.5
Zalayeta- 7
Zlatan- 6
Olivera- 6
Kapo- 6.5
Cannavaro- No mark.

JUVENTUS AD VITAM AETERNAM !!! :star:
Let's ace 6/6 now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.