Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last game of the Group stage with 1st place to be won, a win here and we are #1 in the Group, any other result and we will have to wait for the Man United result in Switzerland.

Players called up:
Keepers: Artur and Eduardo.
Defense : Rúben Amorim, Miguel Vítor, Jardel, Garay, Emerson and Luís Martins.
Mid: Javi Garcia, Matic, Witsel, Nolito, Bruno César, Aimar and Gaitán.
Forwards: Saviola, Cardozo, Nélson Oliveira and Rodrigo.

Let's hope for a good display by our guys and 3 points.

Starting Lineup
Artur
Ruben----Jardel--Garay---Emerson
Axel---Javi
Gaitan--Aimar--Bruno Cesar
Cardozo​

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
A bit concerned about our left side at the moment. I really gotta give it to Filipe, that Emerson is just godawful.
What makes even more odd the whole Capdevilla affair.

Anyway, you could play with 11 Emersons and you would still comfortably beat this Otelul das Pulgas.

·
General Iordanescu
28,593 Posts
I'm hoping for a good win and hopefully without any Divers, too bad I do not know anything about Romanian football nowadays, used to be pretty good :thumbsup:
Well, I think Otelul has no chance, so you'll get the win and 1st place. A 0-0 would be a huge result for them tonight and they'll probably try to go for that. So any sparks of creativity will have to come from Benfica.

Right now unfortunately Romanian football is not very good... but I have some hopes.

EDIT: Otelul's best defender is out.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I think Otelul has no chance, so you'll get the win and 1st place. A 0-0 would be a huge result for them tonight and they'll probably try to go for that. So any sparks of creativity will have to come from Benfica.

Right now unfortunately Romanian football is not very good... but I have some hopes.
Cool

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Such a class act Filipe, now do yourself a favor and go look for Sporting's "pistoleiro" Silva, Jardel, Acosta's diving acts on youtube.

This thread is for Benfica x Otelul of the Champions league, post anything that's relative to it and save the stupid club rivalry for a thread that calls for it :thmbdown:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Congrats on the victory and the great CL campaign so far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts