Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're playing the #1 seeded team in the Group in Manchester United, the red devils are on fire to start the season and are favorites even playing in Lisbon, let's hope to prove the odds wrong and finish this European round with a bang.

Players called up:
Keepers: Artur and Eduardo;

Defense: Maxi Pereira, Emerson, Luisão, Garay and Jardel;

Mids: Rúben Amorim, Matic, Javi García, David Simão, Bruno César, Nolito, Gaitán, Witsel and Aimar;

Forwards: Saviola, Rodrigo and Cardozo.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
This is gonna be a major, major test.

Hope you guys can keep face and come with a respected result, but United is prolly the scariest team in the world of football bar none right now.. midfield's gonna have to work extra hard.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is gonna be a major, major test.

Hope you guys can keep face and come with a respected result, but United is prolly the scariest team in the world of football bar none right now.. midfield's gonna have to work extra hard.
Do you think we can keep them under 5? :D

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
I have faith and I dont think United will have it easy at all.

Sould be a good game and I think it will be a one goal game.

which way I hope our way. Nolito comes up big today.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Ruben in for Nolito. Not sure why, sounds defensive unless Nolito is hurt?

Need a big game from Gaitan who has been quiet so far this season. Witzel and Javi Garcia will have their work cut out for them or the defense will suffer.

Forca Benfica!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Let's go Benfica! Make Portugal proud!!! :thumbsup:

BENFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICA!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
solid game tonight :thmbup:

any team could have taken it so it's almost a fair result, and i say almost because we had more chances to score, their goalie had a couple very flashy defenses, and nolito's last shot was such a shame we missed...

some great performances tonight, namely gaitan ( what an assist !!!!) and luisão (huge) , with witsel and javi putting on a very discreet but effective work in the midfield

also a good surprise tonight for me was emerson

but overall everyone did really well, including jesus

ps. oh and mighty performance from the referee and his team :thmbup:

BENFICAAAAA!!!!! :proud:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
He was doing the same thing up in the English forum. But he is a Portista, that alone explains all.

Aimar has been in his peak form. There's shades here of his old self. We have to rest him when we can because there's no way he'll keep this up at his age. He's been unbelievable, really.

Next up is Ruben, who was just absolutely solid. I can't think of one single play where he ficked up. Not one.

Cardozo's goal was elite shit. The control, the move and the strike from his weak foot... it was very well executed.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Aimar has been in his peak form. There's shades here of his old self. We have to rest him when we can because there's no way he'll keep this up at his age. He's been unbelievable, really.
Agreed and Agreed.

Cardozo's goal was elite shit. The control, the move and the strike from his weak foot... it was very well executed.
Agreed, it was everything that we haven't come to expect from Cardozo. I'm still in shock.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
As someone who's not a fan of Cardozo's, that was far and away his best game for the club. His goal was world class for a forward of his type. He was very active off the ball and even back tracked on occasion.

Ryan Giggs is the best left winger of all time. His goal was just another amazing strike for him.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
One last thing: Emerson's development has to happen and quick. He was a huge liability that Valencia did not fully exploit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts