Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I'm starting a new topic and I think it will be very long... :)

I want to know what you guys think about such a final. My opinion on the natter is such:
This kind of final will be a total flop. Why you guys ask? Well IMO if this would happen (such a final), the teams would be so scared to lose, that the whole gam would turn into a scramble too get rid of the ball. I'm seriousjust think about it! The palyers will fully realise the risk involved with an all out attack! No one will want to lose the first goal and just think ehat pressure will be on the players. I mean immense, I think even bigger then in a World Cup final. Here the players know that if they lose, they are simply DEAD. The fans back home, the media will simply KILL them, they will be ripped apart by the socios - that's why the pressure will IMO make such a game a crap game. But of course I may be wrong...?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I'm not so sure. I can see your point but which one is going to do the defending. With such great attacks the fact that both will not perform on the same night is packed against the odds. The fear may mean a better final if the defence are like it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I disagree with your theory because i don't think anyone ever taught VG what a defender actually is. lol
Barca play in one style - attack.
We wouldn't know how to defend, so if VG tried this tactic then we would be beaten very easily, simply because we can't do it.
In my opinion, Real are a much more solid team, so they could pull this off more easily, but it is a gaurantee that barca will conceed at least one goal, so we may as well try and score 2 for every one that we let in :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
A few years ago this kind of final would have been a dream, but now these types of games may become common place. If you think about it, Real and Barca will probably make the CL every year or so because of the inflated field. All they have to do is finish in La Primera top four. I think this fact kind of diminishes the titanic nature of Real and Barca meeting for the European title. Never the less, the atmosphere would be electric to say the least. I agree with the initial point that the game could be a defensive (don't screw up) battle. Most CL finals are anyway and this game would have even more on the line. Of course, the tension of the battle could lead to intense attacking football with the goal of scoring quickly and repeatedly and humiliating the other team. I hope the latter scenario comes about if the two do meet. We don't need another CL final snore-fest.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You see pool, not only I'm afraid of a snore-fest :) Honestly I hope we challenge Valencia for the title, and I do also admit it's a bit about fear, I just don't want to lose to the Catalans in the final! That would be miserable!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
From all sides, it will be a grandiose match. Actually it is my ideal final from the beginning till now(?). I am not sure now cuz we all afaird of the failure. Real and Barca are one of the biggest rival in the world, so that a lost will be a huge disaster for the loser no matter who is it. I will get heart attack...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's waht I mean! The stakes are simply too high! IMO Real vs Barcelona is not one of the, but hte BIGGEST rivalry in the world. That's why everyone including the players will be having heartattacks ;) and I fear the level of play may be dissapointing, but we'll see I guess?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
No, I am thinking about myself (the heart attack). The quality of the match is not that important now cuz it is pointless to compare with the rivalship. Why yuo will expect that the match vs Valencia will be more exciting? H*ll, they are really good at defence, it just will be more boring! And Barca just knows how to attack...extreme exciting...I can't bear it.

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 29-04-2000).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts