Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayern plays Manchester United and Inter got Moscow. How unlucky...

Now we have to make the best possible out of it. We play at home first.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
And the player you absolutely robbed us over, Mr Hargreaves came back from 18 month long injury last night.

Funny how these things happen. :D

edit; Not entirely sure as to whether he's in the CL squad or not.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
He's not.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I remember Manchester fans coming into this forum at the time of the transfer telling us how they ****ed us by snapping Hargreaves from us... ;)

:ass: :pp

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well, we knew how to play in the big games in Europe better than Manchester almost a decade ago, but the tables are turned now. Fergusson has finally, after almost a lifetime, learnt how to approach big european games and they've gotten very good at it.

They can play out a boring 0-0 when required over 90 mins and turn it up in another game with the same squad, which is very impressive. I don't think any other side in Europe for the past few seasons has that kind of versatility.

Van Gaal's current system does not have a lot of flexibilty and will never take us all the way in Europe. He still has a lot to learn when it comes to setting up his teams for these european games. Well, there's no better teacher than experience :)

United will use the badgering qualities of Fletcher, Carrick and Park to overrun us in midfield. That's where we'll come short, unless Van Gaal realizes he needs 3 and not 2 in midfield in some games, and this will be one of them.

Van Gaal has to try something this weekend against Frankfurt to see what he'll do without Scheweini next week. Hopefully, we'll score a few early and he has time to experiment (but I doubt it).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Also, I don't think it really matters that much on where we play first. We can score goals away, as can Machester as can most of the top teams these days.

It's really not that big a deal in European CL ties now.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I just hope van Gaal dosen't play Pranjic instead of Schweini on the firt leg... :D

·
The Black Knight
2,038 Posts
イラ;7715387 said:
lol sorry. Don't mind me, I'm just amusing myself.
No that's fine. :) You're probably right.

It's good to finally be able to be the first to say something... unlikely. Bayern to win though.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
When you have clowns like Van Buyten and Demichelis in defense, it's shocking that we've made it this far. Bayern will lose this game because we don't have a good defense. United will tear us apart. Hard to see us not conceding in both ties, multiple times.

Lets just keep the scoreline respectable and focus on the Bundesliga.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
17.5% That's really specific. How did you come up with that :)

But, that's as good as giving no chance at all. We are not that bad, and United are better than us overall, but they are not exactly Barcelona either.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts