Xtratime Community banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Gladbach vs. Shakhtar will be an early kickoff a couple of hours prior to our match against Real. Will be watching that in hope of a draw though obviously Gladbach will be huge favourites to win especially after the 6-0 in Ukraine.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
35 minutes into the first half and Gladbach are leading 2-0 against Shakhtar and it could have been 4 or 5. Lazaro starting for the Germans and almost made an assist but Neuhaus missed the chance. Lazaro playing as a winger, Lainer RB.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Sommer has barely had anything to do.

Shakhtar bad in attack and defence really

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
HT 3-0

Gladbach have now scored 9 goals in a match and a half against Shakhtar

13 goals overall so far in CL

Just our luck to get the best pot 4 team instead of a Ferencvaros or Midtjylland

Sevilla winning EL against us last season gave them a Mickey mouse group, oh well.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
To put things in perspective, Bayern have scored 12. Though that number will rise tonight..

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Gladbach scored another 4 goals today, Tuesday will be a tough test.

Although I am glad Schalke were beaten.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Shakhtar, Gladbach and Real are all playing today in their respective domestic leagues

Plan on watching Sevilla v Real but don't know what to wish. If Real win they will gain confidence and that would help against Gladbach, but Real losing again may wreck their confidence further which could help the Germans get a win. I guess a Real win is better today.

Shakhtar are playing against a club named FC Minaj, they have a fox in their logo

Gladbach are away to 14th place Freiburg.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Plea scored a great goal against Freiburg

If Lautaro was to leave next summer or summer 2022, Plea should be considered as a replacement imo

Or Benfica's Uruguayan striker Nunez. Might be the new Cavani

·
Registered
46,085 Posts
@Nacka

Have you heard this?

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Real won 1-0 at Sevilla. A very important win for both the table and morale at a tough pitch.

Real were the better team first half, could have scored 3-4. Real benefitted from a bono error to score in the second half, Mendy and Vinicius combined but the Sevilla goalie failed to hold onto the ball and deflected it in. Real didn't do much attacking afterwards and Sevilla improved.

Sevilla could have equalized through Gudelj, Suso or most notably an acrobatic play from Ocampos which Courtois saved well in the 85th minute.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts

Gladbach have a really good attack but a questionable defence. Conceding 2 at a team near relegation places.

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
Shakhtar got a big win today, but they did concede 1 and could have conceded another from a penalty. I don't have access to the Ukrainian league but it could be that Shakhtar players relaxed after taking a 3-0 lead in half an hour and started thinking about Inter midweek. Anyhow imo what applies to Gladbach is similar to Shakhtar - good in attack, vulnerable in defence.

·
Registered
24,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
@Osman was right, Man U out

Obviously the loss in Turkey is what killed them because losing to Leipzig in Germany happened even to PSG (and Tottenham last season)

What a day for my Man U hating brother.

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
Never underestimate the incompetence of Solskjaer.

I thought every sane football fan is a Man U hater? :D Cant stand them either! Say sup habibi to Amr from me :D

·
Registered
62,709 Posts
I watched a replay, hopefully Inter try to get Angelino. He was motm alongside Gulasci.

As for Amr:

161 - 178 of 178 Posts