Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Inter: Sanchez available for Conte
Football Italia

Inter have Alexis Sanchez back in training and in contention for a place in the line-up against Real Madrid, as Romelu Lukaku reportedly won’t travel to Spain.

Tuttomercatoweb reveals Sanchez was training with the group ahead of the trip to the Spanish capital and will therefore be available against Los Blancos tomorrow.

The Chilean has struggled since he returned from international duty in October but his return to action is good news for Antonio Conte, as Lukaku will reportedly not travel with the rest of the squad and could be out until after the next national break.

---

I hope Alexis isn't being rushed back.

I would personally keep him on the bench for the second half and start Perisic-Lautaro.

Perisic is more experienced than Pinamonti when it comes to bigger games, and Perisic did more than Eriksen against Parma so deserves the spot.

Midfield should be Brozovic, Vidal and Barella

I doubt Conte would play Eriksen, Perisic and Lautaro together from the start like he did against Parma.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts

All things considered this is the ideal team for tomorrow

I am reading that Real have a RB crisis. No Carvajal, Odriozola, Nacho or Vazquez, so Mendy, a LB, may start at RB. If so Perisic should drift to his favoured left wing and try to make use of Real having a player out of position.

Lautaro, wake the **** up!

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Zidane: 'Inter game is a Final'
Football Italia

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects 'another difficult match' against Antonio Conte’s Inter in the Champions League. ‘It’s a Final’.

Los Blancos host the Beneamata on Tuesday night, as two former teammates clash in the dugouts and both teams are desperate to pick up three vital points in search of a place in the knockout stages of the competition.

Real Madrid have only picked up one point so far, as they lost the opener to Shakhtar Donetsk before drawing with Borussia Mönchengladbach in the second round.

"Inter are a good team, very physical, and they play football well. It’s another difficult game for us. It’s a Final,” Zidane said at a press conference.

“These are three points we must try to claim. Every game is a Final, we know and we will concentrate without thinking about what will happen later.”

Zidane hinted Luka Modric could start against the Nerazzurri.

“He’s important for us, I count on everyone. Luka knows that what he does, he does well. But as always for a coach, the hardest thing is to tell someone so strong what to do. He gives us energy.”

The Frenchman said his players have to ‘give everything’ to turn around Real’s poor start to the competition.

“The Madrid players have to give everything because they play for this club. We are growing an important team that can win something.

“We always talk about how we must change, but these guys are competitive. They want to win, and I can say this as a coach.

“I discuss with them; we want to try to reach our targets and keep the level high.”

Eder Militao has tested positive for coronavirus and the coach highlights he will be missed against Antonio Conte’s men.

“We know that we must aspire to win everything, we lose something important when we are without Militao, but everyone will give their all.

“The draw put us in this competitive group, but all of them are.”

Zidane said Conte made ‘a great impression’ when he studied to become a coach and remembers how important the former midfielder was as captain for Juventus.

“We didn’t talk with each other, as Juventus captain he was very important for the team. It’s normal that he became a coach, I’m not surprised.

“We are on good terms, I remember that I went to visit him in Turin when I was about to become a coach too and he made a great impression on me.”

---

Oh oh, he called it a final, and Zidane never lost CL finals at Real.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
It would be typical if Modric specifically scores against us btw, after we were linked to him the summer before last. Hopefully not...

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Official: Real Madrid squad list for Inter
Football Italia

Four Real Madrid defenders have been left out of the Merengues’ squad list for the upcoming Champions League fixture against Inter.

The La Liga giants are facing a defensive crisis as several of members of their backline are not fit to play.

Eder Militao has tested positive for COVID and has will not be eligible to play against the Nerazzurri. The same is true of Nacho Nernandez, Dani Carvajal and Alvaro Odrizola who are injured.

Inter recover Milan Skriniar but are without the injured Romelu Lukaku.

Real Madrid squad list for Inter.

Goalkeepers:
Courtois, Lunin, Altube.

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, R. Varane, Marcelo, F. Mendy, Santos.

Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco.

Attackers: Hazard, Benzema, Asensio, Lucas Vazquez., Jovic, Vinicius Jr., Mariano Diaz, Rodrygo.

---

Lots of attacking depth at Real.

I guess Vazquez will play RB.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Varane: 'Inter are not only Lukaku'
Football Italia

Raphael Varane says: ‘Inter are not only Lukaku’ and comments on Hakimi’s decision to join the Nerazzurri in the summer.

Inter take on Real Madrid in the third game of their Champions League group stage tomorrow.

Romelu Lukaku did not travel with the rest of the team to Madrid because of an injury.

"I know Romelu very well,” Varane said at a press conference.

“I faced him with Manchester and Anderlecht, he is a great striker. Inter, however, are also something else, a complete team that attack very quickly and create dangers.

“We will have to give our best to win,” he added.

"It will be one of those games where it will be important to attack. We have the character and players to do well in this challenge."

Real Madrid have only one point from their first two Champions League games, while Inter have two.

“I think the absence of Sergio [Ramos] was felt at our debut in the Champions League," Varane said.

"He brings character and experience. With him I feel good, definitely better, but what matters is the collective. Tomorrow we will have to be united and play as a team."

The Merengues will have to do without Eder Militao who has caught COVID.

“We know that in this period we have to make up for unforeseen circumstances, we have to be ready and adapt to all situations,” the French defender said.

“The preparation has been complicated, we must give our best.”

Achraf Hakimi will return to Madrid where he had been playing in the youth sector before joining Borussia Dortmund on loan two years ago.

“Achraf made the choice that he thinks is the best one for his career. I think Real Madrid will always be special for him."

All the eyes will be on Eden Hazard tomorrow as Real Madrid need him to step up and make the difference in such a big competition.

“We are talking about a great person, as well as a footballer. He quickly adapted to the context of Madrid, can give us much more because his is a very high level, a precious talent and a top player.”

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Shakhtar won the big game in Ukrainian football

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Valverde will miss our match due to injury

It was his pass behind D'Ambrosio to Vinicius which effectively decided the game in Madrid.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts

·
Registered
61,186 Posts

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Ramos out of Inter-Real Madrid
Football Italia

Real Madrid confirm Sergio Ramos will miss the upcoming Champions League match against Inter due to a hamstring tear.

The defender and captain picked up the injury during international duty on Wednesday evening, when Spain thrashed Germany 6-0 to book their place in the Nations League Final Four.

His club has now confirmed Ramos has a fibrillar tear in his right hamstring.

This sort of injury usually requires one to three weeks out, which means he’ll almost certainly miss the Champions League trip to San Siro on November 25.

It is a very tight group, as Borussia Monchengladbach are top with five points, followed by Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk on four, then Inter with just two.

Inter lost 3-2 in Madrid on November 3.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Real Madrid are playing against Villarreal later today. Obviously Conte will be watching.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Real leading 1-0 at Villarreal

Mariano Diaz header after a Carvajal cross

Linesman confused Villarreal defence as he raised flag then put it down as Vazquez who was offside didn't interfere with play

Real didn't create much otherwise while Villarreal had a couple of missed chances from inaccurate headers.

Real missing Ramos, Militao, Casemiro, Valverde, Benzema and Jovic so 3 points at Villarreal would be great for them but Villarreal can perhaps get something in the second half.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Finished 1-1. A correct penalty awarded to Villarreal after Courtois brought down Villarreal's Nigerian sub Chikuweze (I struggle with spelling his name so that might be a bit off)

One of the rare times Real Madrid have 1 shot on target in a whole match

Ok they are missing players but most of the absentees are defensive players. They still had Hazard, Vazquez, Mariano (really good at OL) and bench players like Vinicius, Asensio, Isco... don't think missing Benzema is an excuse.

Villarreal created more but were wasteful, though Moreno took his penalty well.

If Kubo had come on earlier Villarreal could have won this imo @Some idiot

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Poor result Gladbach especially against 10 men

We know Caligiuri, scored against us for Wolfsburg in EL before.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Curiously, the 3 teams in our CL group all drew 1-1 today!

·
Registered
45,679 Posts
Villarreal's coach doesn't trust Kubo in Liga matches yet, only starts him vs. Europa league scrubs.
I've only seen bits of him. Looks like he's got lots of potential and could turn into a very solid player from what I've seen...has he disappointed when he plays or what?

And when can I change my avatar?

141 - 160 of 168 Posts