Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Shakhtar should have added a couple more in the second half, tete with 2 sitters

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Real's 2 goals were due to Modric individual brilliance and Marlos individual idiocy, nothing about team play

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Check the match thread, Nacka might have one

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Valverde

Deflected yes

Late, late goal to complete a comeback

Wait..

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
VAR will rule it off

Yup

Vinicius offside infront of keeper

Still 2-3

Var rightfully saves the Shakhtar win

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Ft Shakhtar take 3 points from Madrid

Could well turn this group upside down

Now Real have a tough trip to Germany right after playing at Nou Camp

If they defend like that again I fancy a win for Gladbach

Our game in Ukraine will be super difficult

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
@Nacka

DO THE FREAD

Gladbach are apparently very strong in wide areas and D'Ambro, Perisic, Kolarov and Eriksen are all playing, so we will concede at least 2 goals.

A draw is the best we can hope for with this horrow show of a defense and the mindless 3-4-1-2.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Except that Vidal caused the first goal (Gladbach had 0 shots til that point in over an hour) and Bastoni and Vidal (and Kolarov) were involved in the second one. You didn't mention Vidal or Bastoni in your pre-match blame list. I called Shakhtar getting a result away to Real Madrid anyhow :stuckup:

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Except that Vidal caused the first goal (Gladbach had 0 shots til that point in over an hour) and Bastoni and Vidal (and Kolarov) were involved in the second one. You didn't mention Vidal or Bastoni in your pre-match blame list. I called Shakhtar getting a result away to Real Madrid anyhow :stuckup:
The first goal was almost as much the fault of Dr Vrij for his idiotic pass under no pressure.

It was predictable that Kolarov would go walk-about and cause us to concede at least one goal, although yes, Bastoni was largely to blame.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Vidal didn't even have to foul young Thuram as D'Ambrosio was there. Daft and reckless but I guess he is tired. I would bench Vidal at Genoa and rest him for the trip to Ukraine.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Next week it's again early game in Group B then late game

I guess Europe have daylight savings soon judging by kickoff times?

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Man U prolly will be kicked out in their group :D
Looks like Ole showed the players your post to motivate them..

Remarkable that they won away at the CL runners up then trounced the CL semifinalists. Man U will get 6 points against Basaksehir and qualify with 2 matches to spare

Leipzig v PSG for 2nd place. Their 2 games coming up in November will be decisive.

Man U's league form hasn't been great though.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Costacurta 'stunned' by Benzema row
Football Italia

Former Milan star Alessandro Costacurta was stunned by Karim Benzema telling Real Madrid teammates not to pass it to Vinicius. ‘I’ve never heard of anything like it.’

The striker was caught on camera in the tunnel during a 2-2 Champions League draw with Borussia Monchengladbach last night.

He was talking to Ferland Mendy and coming out for the half-time break was overheard saying in French: ‘Don’t play with him. I swear on my Mother’s life, he is playing against us.’

The incident was analysed on Sky Sport Italia, as Real Madrid will face Inter next, and ex-Milan defender Costacurta was stunned.

“It’s very surprising, I’ve never heard of anything like it, not within my team or the opposition, unless they were joking. However, looking at their faces, they were not joking, they were saying it seriously.

“That is truly without logical explanation. It seems bizarre that this kid just arrived at Real Madrid and could say it, but Benzema saying it is truly stunning.

“Hopefully, Zinedine Zidane sorted it out and had a word with them.”

---

I also heard on Egyptian radio that Ramos had an argument with Isco

·
Administrator
53,109 Posts
Looks like Ole showed the players your post to motivate them..

Remarkable that they won away at the CL runners up then trounced the CL semifinalists. Man U will get 6 points against Basaksehir and qualify with 2 matches to spare

Leipzig v PSG for 2nd place. Their 2 games coming up in November will be decisive.

Man U's league form hasn't been great though.
He must have :D Massive improvement from them, they been walked over by anyone half decent for so long, its about time they figured things out. Tho I'm not suprised they beat PSG, anyone playing tactically conservative can unrattle them.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts

It would be pretty nice if Shakhtar draw with Gladbach :)

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Inter-Real Madrid

Referee

Clément Turpin (FRA)

Assistant referees
Nicolas Danos (FRA)
Cyril Gringore (FRA)

Video Assistant Referee
François Letexier (FRA)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Jérôme Brisard (FRA)

Fourth official
Frank Schneider (FRA)

---

Lots of Frenchies, and Real have Zidane, Mendy, Varane, Benzema...hopefully there won't be any bias. We already suffered a shit call in Ukraine that effectively cost us 2 points.

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Firdy still hasn't done the match thread so I will be posting the news related to the Real v Inter match here til he does.

Real: Militao positive for COVID
Football Italia

Real Madrid have officially announced Eder Militao has tested positive for coronavirus ahead of the match against Inter in the Champions League.

Los Blancos confirmed Militao has COVID-19, after discovering a positive case in the team group yesterday.

Real Madrid face Inter in the Champions League tomorrow and today’s tests have revealed the rest of the team group and the technical staff have all tested negative.
Comunicado Oficial: Militão. #RealMadrid

---

Reserve CB so not really a player Real would miss.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts