Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Decent draw. We avoided a heavyweight in Pot 2. I will have to start watching Gladbach more closely....

We can surely finish above Shaktar.
It could have been worse for sure... like being placed in with Bayern-Atletico or PSG-Man U which was entirely possible.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts

Started following Gladbach's fb page for some spying purposes hehe.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
We start at home and finish at home like the past 2 seasons but hopefully a different outcome...

3 points in Milano against Gladbach are key. Good that we don't go to Ukraine in December.

Final group match is on my birthday... 9 December.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts

Koln have lost all 3 league games so far this season, though.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Inter announce Champions League squad
Football Italia

Inter have announced their squad for the Champions League, including Radja Nainggolan, while Matias Vecino and Daniele Padelli are left out.

The club announced its list of players available for the group stage of the tournament.

The Nerazzurri will be up against Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk and Borussia Monchengladbach.

Nainggolan is included, despite being on the verge of a transfer to Cagliari on deadline day.

Vecino and goalkeeper Padelli are left out, so Ionut Radu and Filip Stankovic – the son of midfielder Dejan – will be the understudies to goalkeeper Samir Handanovic.

Inter squad for Champions League: Handanovic, Hakimi, Gagliardini, De Vrij, Alexis Sanchez, Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez, Kolarov, Sensi, Ranocchia, Perisic, Young, Vidal, Barella, Eriksen, D’Ambrosio, Darmian, Skriniar, Nainggolan, Brozovic, Bastoni, Radu

B List: Stankovic, Moretti, Pinamonti

---

So after scoring for Inter against Tottenham in CL groupstage 18-19 and Dortmund in CL groupstage 19-20, Vecino misses the groupstage this season.

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Vecino won't be fit for at least a month, someone had to miss out, he is the most logical choice.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Yeah no complaints, I was just stating that he will not score in CL groupstage for sure unlike the past 2 seasons when he did. We have a shitload of midfielders now in any case.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Real Madrid 0-1 Cadiz

A wtf result for sure.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Gladbach drew at home against Wolfsburg

We have to win that match on Wednesday. Absolutely. We won against Dortmund in Milano and Leverkusen in EL so 2 of our recent results against German opposition were good.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts

Shakhtar got a big win in their last match.

Their game with Real Madrid will be an early ko before our match with Gladbach, good chance to watch both matches.

Should we do separate match threads in CL or see what Nacka would do on this season's CL debut by using this draw thread? Thoughts?

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Bastoni returns to Inter training
Football Italia

Alessandro Bastoni returned to Inter training today after recovering from Covid. The defender will be eligible to play against Borussia Mönchengladbach on Wednesday.

Bastoni had tested positive to Covid-19 while on International duty with Italy U-21 earlier this month.

Antonio Conte could immediately start him as the Nerazzurri have been struggling at the back since the start to the season.

Inter have already conceded eight goals in their opening four Serie A games and Bastoni’s return is much needed for Il Biscione who hope to recover Radja Nainggolan as well.

The Belgian has tested positive for Covid but Inter need to provide two specific documents to Uefa to allow the former Cagliari man to be available against the Germans.

As of today, Roberto Gagliardini, Ionut Radu and Ashley Young are still positive although the last two had a swab test today.

---

Welcome back Bastoni.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
I've just finished watching a replay of the first half of Real Madrid v Cadiz... Real Madrid's defending was shocking. I am not exaggerating when I say that Cadiz, a team of nobodies and the experienced Alvaro Negredo, had enough chances to score 6 in the first half. It was pretty much the first choice Real defence minus Carvajal, although Casemiro was on the bench, probably due to playing with Brazil. If Real play like that against Shakhtar they could lose in Madrid. Although Real will probably pay more attention in the CL compared to Cadiz.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Rose: 'Gladbach aim to advance'
Football Italia

Borussia Mönchengladbach coach Marco Rose expected tough games in the Champions League and insisted the Germans ‘aim to advance’ ahead of the match against Inter.

The Nerazzurri start with a home game against Gladbach on Wednesday, but the Bundesliga side are prepared to challenge the giants in the difficult Group B, completed by Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk.

“We already knew before the draw that we would have top-notch opponents in the group,” Rose told Kicker. “Inter, Real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk really make sense of the Champions League

It will be an exciting experience. However, we will aim to advance in the competition.

“Any other target would go against our character. We have been working hard to get to the Champions League. Now, we want to do our best in this competition.”

---

Couple of German internationals.. so Gladbach must be good. Embolo, Thuram and Stindl are all dangerous players too. I believe Thuram scored a winner for Gladbach against Roma in EL last season

Poor goal to concede though, the Wolfsburg player was unmarked

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
42,831 Posts
Interesting group. I'll probably be horribly wrong but I'll tip Gladbach to finish last, Real to finish top, and Inter and Shakhtar to fight for that second spot.

1. Real
2. Inter
3. Shakhtar
4. Gladbach

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
@Nacka

DO THE FREAD

Gladbach are apparently very strong in wide areas and D'Ambro, Perisic, Kolarov and Eriksen are all playing, so we will concede at least 2 goals.

A draw is the best we can hope for with this horrow show of a defense and the mindless 3-4-1-2.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
Let's see if we can give Gladbach players another 60 to 70 metres of pitch to do whatever the f**k they feel like once they turn over the ball. Maybe Perisic, D'Ambro and Kolarov can bring them cocktails or give them back rubs as they maraud down our flanks...

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
lol red. You're an international treasure, m8.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
A ray of sunshine for sure.

I will be watching Real Madrid v Shakhtar and posting updates in this thread.

Reactions: Firdaus
61 - 80 of 134 Posts