·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Ferencvaros with juve, Barcelona and Dynamo

Straight forward group

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Our group isn't easy overall. But we should have enough to make it hopefully. We got arguably the toughest pot 4 team in Gladbach. Had we gotten say Midtjylland or Ferencvaros our group would have been better.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
This one and the lazio group feels like an EL group :D
Immobile v Dortmund is interesting.

Sevilla won't win EL in 20-21 for sure now as they will make CL last 16. Can't see them finishing below second at worst in that group

·
Administrator
53,037 Posts
Group A

Bayern Munich (GER)

Atletico Madrid (ESP)

RB Salzburg (AUT)

Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)

Group B

Real Madrid (ESP)

Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Inter (ITA)

Borussia Monchengladbach (GER)

Group C

Porto (POR)

Manchester City (ENG)

Olympiacos (GRE)

Marseille (FRA)

Group D

Liverpool (ENG)

Ajax (NED)

Atalanta (ITA)

Midtjylland (DEN)

Group E

Sevilla (ESP)

Chelsea (ENG)

FC Krasnodar (RUS)

Rennes (FRA)

Group F

Zenit (RUS)

Borussia Dortmund (GER)

Lazio (ITA)

Club Brugge (BEL)

Group G

Juventus (ITA)

Barcelona (ESP)

Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

Ferencvaros (HUN)

Group H

PSG (FRA)

Manchester United (ENG)

RB Leipzig (GER)

Istanbul Basaksehir (TUR)

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Atalanta can finish second behind Liverpool in that group

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
Not an easy group for Inter, but I wouldn't call it tough. Given your pot, the chances you would have got an easier group are pretty slim. Shakhtar one of the weakest teams from their pot, which more than compensates for having a stronger pot 4 team, IMO.

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dortmund vs Lazio and Ajax vs Atalanta look like fun encounters on paper.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Brozovic and Perisic v Modric is interesting...

I watched Real Madrid against Real Betis and the Real Madrid defence, despite its big experience, can be breached.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I think you will win the group and thats not jinxing, Real lacks firepower and Conte cant keep on screwing in europe forever.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Winning the group would be great but any qualification will do. Our last CL knockout presence was 2012. As for Real, Benzema was useful when they won La Liga last season and their Brazilians (Rodrygo and Vinicius) can hurt teams. Then there's Isco, Asensio, Lucas Vazquez.. and a midfield and defence full of CL experience. It would be nice though if Varane defends like he did against City. Lukaku v Courtois is an interesting one.

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Zanetti: 'Balanced group for Inter'
Football Italia

Inter vice-president Javier Zanetti expects ‘a very balanced’ Champions League group with Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk and Borussia Monchengladbach.

“It’s a very balanced group, but I think we’ll have our say,” Zanetti told Sky Sport Italia.

“We have to face every game aware of the difficulties and also with the belief in our capabilities and the ambition to do great things.

"It’s not just about Real Madrid, as the other two teams are also more than able to compete at this level. This is why we must be very concentrated in every single game.

“The Champions League is a difficult tournament because so much depends on the form of your team at different moments of the competition. We hope to reach those moments in good shape.”

---

JZ will relish revisiting Madrid

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Shakhtar have had some unconvincing results in recent weeks

·
Registered
60,422 Posts

Gladbach's start to the Bundesliga has been poor

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
Decent draw. We avoided a heavyweight in Pot 2. I will have to start watching Gladbach more closely....

We can surely finish above Shaktar.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
this one is not necessarily true
I share your scepticism but the team must have some experience and confidence gained from the EL run.

That said, there seems to be a pattern with Conte that if he has 1 week to prepare a game his team does well. If he has just a couple of days they struggle.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts