Xtratime Community banner

Which team would you like to face in the next round:

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know the 8 qualified for the quarter finals.

Man.U
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
Porto
Bayern
Villareal

The draw will be made on March 20th.

Who do you wanna face in the next round ?

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Bayern or Arsenal.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The draw for the final rounds of the competition will take place on 20 March 2009. There will be no country protection, meaning that it is an entirely random draw. The quarter-final first legs will be played on 7/8 April and the second legs on 14/15 April. The semi-final first legs will be played on 28/29 April and the second legs on 5/6 May.

I'd like us to face Porto, Arsenal or Villarreal.
(Others in order of preference)

Bayern - Toni, Klose and Ribery can make things difficult.
Chelsea - dark horse with Hiddink at the helm
Man Utd - they are pretty strong, and with a strong squad.
Liverpool - know how to play in the CL and been pretty consistent over the years.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Next friday.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Would like to avoid Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU and Bayern.

Arsenal, Porto, Villarreal wouldnt be that bad.

Actually what worries me, is that we are very fragile sometimes.
For example tonight we were leading 4-0 just minutes before HT but Lyon still made it difficult.

This means that we must score a lot cause we are incapable of holding down leads.

Picture Barca against ManU for example. Even if we, lets say score 2 quick goals, ManU-like organized team will rip us to pieces and score them back. And we are not using our chances which we create on counter. Tonight Henry, Bojan, Etoo missed a lot of good chances. Have to be more clinical.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Porto, Bayern or Arsenal. I wouldnt mind Villarral at all, but i dont like to play a spanish team in europe...

I think we can beat also the big 3 english teams, but i would like to play them later.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
We're not quite ready for Man U in my opinion. Liverpool we should beat, but we should have beaten them last time, yet we handed them 2 goals out of thin air at Camp Nou. Arsenal, or Porto or Villareal or Bayern, I would feel reasonably confident of getting past.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't care really.

If we get an easy draw and advance, that would be nice.

If we get United/Chelsea/Pool and exit the competition, no biggie, we can focus on la Liga and the Copa final.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Why are so many people voting for Porto?

Arsenal are the ones who can't score. And Porto have that butcher idiot, too.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Liverpool or Man Utd or Chelsea

are we meant to be scared of Kuyt or Park Ji Sung or Belletti something?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
id like to face you guys- just because of all the intriguing mini battles and reunions on the pitch.

henry back to the emirates. cesc back to the nou camp. toure brothers facing each others. and obviously not to forget mr hleb who im sure would be a crucial part of your team.

even though you guys have immense players going forward, you offer the opponents space which is when we play at our best.

would be an intriguing match.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Arsenal.

Anyways I'd rather have a tough opponent now rather than later on in the Semi-Finals where La Liga race is much more heated, but then again maybe by having an easy opponent now we can focus mainly on widening the gap in La Liga. We'll find out next Friday!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Bayern(...Hmmmm...goalfest):smileani:

...and I hope the English teams will slaughter each other...:D

1 - 20 of 166 Posts