Xtratime Community banner

Who would you like to face in the quarter final :

CL draw | Quarter finals

8K views 254 replies 79 participants last post by  rimA 
#1 ·
Now that we're through to the last 8,things are getting way more complicated.

If I'm not mistaken there are no particular rules for this draw so we could meet any remaining team in the competition.

Fenerbahce, Man.U and Arsenal have already sealed their qualification while the other 4 title contenders will be known tomorrow.

Who do you guys want for this coming round ? I'd personally go with Fenerbahce but I think we'll end up facing Arsenal or Liverpool.

I'll add a poll tomorrow when all the teams have already qualified.

#3 ·
Of Course my first pick would be Fenerbahce
If not Fenerbahce than Porto/Schalke, Liverpool, Chelsea (in this order)

I dont want: Arsenal, ManU, Real Madrid (in case madrid goes trough - if roma goes trough i would prefer them to any english side, i never like it to play against teams from la liga)

#5 ·
An extremely interesting one would be against Man Utd, not played them competitvely since 1999 in the group stage the year they won it. 3-3 on both scores for home and away fixtures against them. They are very dangerous and im intriuged to see how we would do against the immense pressure at Old Trafford, where teams like Roma crumbled within minutes and recently Arsenal got battered in the F.A. Cup (the most european like side in the EPL) Im not saying I want Utd because in a perfect world we'd get someone like Fenerbache but history shows we tend to get tough fixtures against Brittish opposition round these stages. I hate the thought of playing Liverpool over 2 legs again as Benitez simply knows who to play on the night and always seems to get a result. Chelsea I'd say bring them on, not incredibly fearfull of them and recon we'd get through. Arsenal would be tough but I believe we'd do it still, similar sort of fast passing game. Still, its United that puzzle me the most.

#7 ·
That would be a documentary material, like those that Leez mentioned. In High Definition this time.

Whoever we play, bring'em on. You gotta beat the best to conquer this competition. All I dislike at this Frank's FCB is that we rarely play good vs smaller clubs. We're ready for big nights.

#11 ·
I just wanna avoid Liverpool , other than that , I don't care . Man U , Roma and Arsenal would be brilliant matches , we have as good a chance as them . Real Madrid and Chelsea will be tough opponents but they tend to sit back and counter i.e. they suck :pp. Fenerbahce , Olympiakos , Porto and Schalke are the teams that should have us as favorites to win. Would prefer one of them.

#14 ·
I 2nd that notion, I am sick of seeing teams stroll to the quarter and semi finals by getting relatively easier ties. I hope an easier tie, will help us focus more on La Liga. Since UEFA is such a corrupt organization I am sure we are going to end up playing Liverpool again!!

#18 ·
I want one of Porto/Schalke. None of them are very impressive.

I wouldn't exactly like to play Fener. They are the smallest club left in the competition and I'm not too thrilled to have us play against someone we could easily underestimate. Especially since this team already eliminated Sevilla. So, no thanks.

I'd like to avoid Liverpool and United. Others are fine.

#23 ·
Cules, have you seen extra-time in Porto? Serbian tv showed bastards game, as well as Croatian tv. Croatian tv then showed extra-time in Porto. Being a man down, Porto simply outplayed Schalke. If there wasn't Quaresma selfish play, Porto would have gone through. I would love to see Schalke against us in quarters.

#24 ·
If not Schalke, my second wish is Fener. Only team that scares me a lot is Arsenal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.