Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably, this is one of the most emotional matches Chelsea can play. Jose Mourinho returns to Stamford Bridge with his Inter team and 2-1 advantage from the first leg match.

Emotions apart, Chelsea have a good chance to go to quarter finals after that goal of Kalou. But Inter have a great attack, so we must be at top form at the back.

Sadly, we have a lot of important injuries for the match. Bosingwa and Ashley Cole are out, but Michael Essien and Petr Cech could not play too. Maybe the keeper.

Inter lost 3-1 to Catania at their last league match (goal scored by Milito) and Chelsea destroyed West Ham for 4-1. So, continue this way!

Blue is the colour!!!

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
sorry i dont see us going thru...CL is one where UEFA decided chelsea never to win (by Frisk's buddies in yellow)...

2005 - Chelsea v Liverpool - the "Ghost Goal" match
2006 - Chelsea v Barca - the Del Horno red card for paralysing messi for life
2009 - Chelsea v Barca - the "What's a Penalty?" match
2010 - Chelsea v Inter - Kalou's penalty proving decisive?

and if they do give you a chance, we hit the post 3 times in the final like moscow (drogba, lampard, terry)...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I fear this is the end for my last team standing in the CL. If it is, I'm boycotting the CL next year. I can't take the horrible officiating and obvious cheating. If Chelsea survive this round, it's just a matter of time before yet ANOTHER horrible call ends their run at glory. The CL has become a joke, a cruel, cruel joke.

Having said all of that, I'm Chelsea 'til I die. Jose or no, UEFA cheating officials or no, COME ON YOU BLUES!

·
THE
14,086 Posts
Well, year ago we beat Juventus at home, so it's not over till it's over. But of course, if JM wouldn't know how to hold a result at SB, then he ain't JM.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
ya but u KNOW uefa is gonna get us out sooner or later...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carlo has said that Ross Turnbull will play at the goal tomorrow. Ricardo Carvalho returns to the squad, but I don't know if I would pick him. Alex is doing extremely well.

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
I would not drop alex either ...he looks really fresh, but i dont think Carlo will take the risk..
If You do what you did to Barca last year in the semi finals, you will be through, Because Drogba cannot miss as many chances he missed last year...
The 20% doubt i have for you guys is JM ofcourse and ESSIEN not being there.. HUGE HUGE Blow IMO..

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Alex is a good defender and he is always a danger from setpieces.

No surprise to hear that he is on good form lately.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
he is good in set pieces and taking freekicks, but can be short on pace and clumsy at times like against burnley, i would much rather have Carvalho v Milito than Alex v Milito...

·
Is Not A
6,727 Posts
What's all this talk about officials screwing Chelsea over? This isn't Serie A!

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
What's all this talk about officials screwing Chelsea over? This isn't Serie A!
well 4 out of 6 editions Out thanks pretty much to the Ref...only Moscow and penalties in Anfield in Semis were fair...

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Is Messi paralysed?

Milan went out last round, mate :thumbsup:

the way the **** was rolling on the ground to get Del Horno sent off you would definitly think so...ya Milan out we are talking chelsea, so...

·
THE
14,086 Posts
It was raining in moscow and they have chemicals to drive the rainclouds away, they have done it before. so it was uefa's fault also :)

I was rather certain that we have Essien back. Instead, also no ACole nor Cech. Mh

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only one change from Saturday. Can Ballack play two entire matches in four days?

Line-up: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Zhirkov, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka and Drogba.
On bench: Taylor, Bruma, Carvalho, Belletti, Joe Cole, Kalou and Sturridge.

Inter start with three strikers, Pandev, Eto'o and Milito.

I go to the pub to see it, COME ON BLUES!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts