Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
THE
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what can we hope for?
If I remember correctly, we never played with them before. can't say that I followe them, just see results, and they ain't doing too well as well. My only hope is that, lose or win, we manage to pull ourselves together and play as a team.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I don't see how their form is any better then ours; just don't give DP any free kicks around the box and win aerial battle with Amauri and we pretty much limit their options. They have a long list of players who havent returned to full fitness yet so we need to do our job in the first leg; cause alot of these players might be back to full fitness for the second leg(Trez; Camo etc)

Should be a good test for Hiddink; wonder if he will play Anelka and Drogba together once again - Juve's defense hasnt been very realiable recently.

·
THE
14,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd play them together, despite of them being selfish bastards. We should create as much as attacking force we'd possible can.
Too bad JCole is missing.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Hey, just wondering what you guys feeling is. Reckon Alex will become a regular starter now instead of Ricardo Carvalho? or will it be back to the bench once Carvalho regains full fitness?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well if injuries continue with the current trend then after Carvalho gets back to full fitness Terry will probably get injured or banned for a few matches. I think Alex & Kalou are luckiest guys in the squad right now thought; cause they know the new coach very well.

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
essien still not before mid March.....i dont see us losing this for some reason!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't see how their form is any better then ours; just don't give DP any free kicks around the box and win aerial battle with Amauri and we pretty much limit their options.
hey!!! you just exposed Ranieri's master tactics!

yes in all seriousness, if Chelsea does exactly that, and shutdown the flanks you'll most likely get the result you want.

here's to hoping mr Hiddink does not acknowledge that :p

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Many people predict a boring game, but this could be quite a nice watch. two contrasting sides in terms of formation and Chelsea might be playing Anelka, Drogba and Kalou upfront. Against Juve's Del Piero and Amauri with Nedved and Camo on the wings. Interesting game.

·
Registered
117 Posts
chelsea 0 - juventus 2

alessandro x 1 (fw)
giorgio x 1 (df )

·
Registered
34,458 Posts
Many people predict a boring game, but this could be quite a nice watch. two contrasting sides in terms of formation and Chelsea might be playing Anelka, Drogba and Kalou upfront. Against Juve's Del Piero and Amauri with Nedved and Camo on the wings. Interesting game.
depends which nedved shows up, i feel he will be one of the weak links.

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
1 Petr Cech
17 José Bosingwa
33 Alex
26 John Terry (c)
3 Ashley Cole
13 Michael Ballack
12 John Mikel Obi
8 Frank Lampard
21 Salomon Kalou
11 Didier Drogba
39 Nicolas Anelka

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 42 Michael Mancienne, 43 Miroslav Stoch, 15 Florent Malouda, 9 Franco Di Santo.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Kalou's pass was great; tis good that Lampard didnt touch the ball cause he was offside.

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
7 shots for chelsea in first 15 mints!

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Cech saves our ass

Juve create another chance after the corner

·
Registered
9,120 Posts