Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can Cfr shock europe once more or will Chelsea beat CFR Cluj in their 1st int. game in their upgraded stadium?

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Good set up they have at Cluj. You can see they are a club that will have some more memorable times in the future but Roma in that first game and Chelsea in this tie are two very different animals.

·
Registered
69,976 Posts

"We are in Transylvania, and Transylvania is not England. Our ways are not your ways, and there shall be to you many strange things."

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Forza CFR!

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good set up they have at Cluj. You can see they are a club that will have some more memorable times in the future but Roma in that first game and Chelsea in this tie are two very different animals.
Chelsea are much tougher than Roma as they are physically better and very direct and don't depend too much on the form of a single player... but on the other hand romanian teams do usually quite okay against english teams but its obviously not the case here really

if CFR's defence fights as much as they did against Roma they could frustrate Chelsea but I doubt that Chelsea will give them as much space as Roma did

Tony will probably have to deal with Malouda who is dangerous but not the most consistant player... Pereira will play... ??... actually I don't know

their AMs might have a problem with Muresan and Dani as they both are physically top notch as well but I worry about the central defence that will play calibres they never faced before

the attack will have alot of troubles as Ashley Cole isn't slow either and will probably look out for Dubarbier... Culio will be marked tightly which might give us an advantage as they overrate his value to CFR... Trica will have to be on his best again and try to get away from their DM and Koné will have to use all hes got to withstand John Terry and Carvalho

·
Registered
69,976 Posts
What I worry the most is their physical superiority. These English teams are beasts. They are tall, strong, fast, resistant, tireless...it´s like athletes playing football. The teams of the rest of leagues are inferior in that sense.

Carvalho won´t play btw. The other CB will be Brazilian Alex.

Pereira will play at CFR. His attacks on the left can be a good weapon.

I´d like to see Trica scoring...and Deac playing!

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I worry the most is their physical superiority. These English teams are beasts. They are tall, strong, fast, resistant, tireless...it´s like athletes playing football. The teams of the rest of leagues are inferior in that sense.

Carvalho won´t play btw. The other CB will be Brazilian Alex.

Pereira will play at CFR. His attacks on the left can be a good weapon.

I´d like to see Trica scoring...and Deac playing!
I agree... English sides are generally very tough and their expected line up is even above good for english standards... and Carvalho atleast isnt that powerful but Alex is another physical rock... I doubt that Kone can do something there...

Pereira was a given... but I dunno if Trombetta will give him that much freedom if they really intend on playing 4-3-3... CFR is physically good for a romanian side as they proved against Roma and Muresan could play a vital role in midfield but Dubarbier and Culio will be eaten alive... Trica will probably drown in their midfield so we have to hope for a genius strike and a great performance from the centerbacks... Alcantara is stronger and better physically than Galiassi and Cadu but i doubt that Trombetta wants to disturb the chemistry of the pairing

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and Deac is probably more suited for that game than Dubarbier and Culio... he's more of a fighter and doesn't mind getting physical too

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
If we talk about traditional outcomes between Romanian and English clubs, it's important to point out that CFR is hardly a Romanian side while Chelsea is hardly an English one as well.

:)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
If we talk about traditional outcomes between Romanian and English clubs, it's important to point out that CFR is hardly a Romanian side while Chelsea is hardly an English one as well.

:)
Yep this is the battle of foreign coaches with Ivorian strikers and Portugese midfielders!

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trombetta seemingly makes no secret out of his tactic and claimed that CFR Cluj will play their game and not be more defensive than usual

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
CFR is strong, but this Chelsea is probably too much for them. But even loosing they´ll still have chances of qualifying.

Deac could be useful in the second half.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this chelsea is a giant... theres only a handful of such teams in european football but they are capable of steam-rolling everyone

·
Registered
476 Posts
Although I dislike the current Chelsea for obvious reasons, the Petrescu chanting is great.

As for the match, how about a 2-2 draw. :)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts