Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“We made the best possible start in the Champions League, so we’re really looking forward to this match,” commented Jürgen Klinsmann prior to the clash with serial French champions Olympique Lyon.

In we play like we did agains Hannover, we are screwed.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Lineup is a surprise.

-----Toni--------Klose

Ze------Schwieni-----Ribery

----------Micho-------

Lahm--Breno-Lucio---Oddo

----------Rensing-------

I think it is the best lineup available. There is plenty of creativity in the offensive midfield department and with Micho being our best available defensive midfielder, we have the muscle we need back there. I am only worried about the fact that we have a Brazilian pairing for our central defense! Let us hope Breno lives up to the expectations and money we paid for him. The wingbacks are idea and anyway we have no other choice because everyone else in those positions is injured. I think we should win this match with this lineup if both Toni and Klose can start scoring again.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it!

So, Breno as a starter... Micho in DM position... At least Bommel is not DM and van Buyten wont start today.

Super offensive line-up with Schweinsteiger, Zé and Ribery.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Rensing's reaction is like a turtle's.

And Micho is so stupid to head the ball like that. The deflection isn't that bad but with Rensing in goal, expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ribery is on his own. He has no support whatsoever except from Lahm.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Actually, it should have been an offside. There was a lyon player in an offside position blocking Rensing's sight.

We should have had a penalty on Klose.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.