Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that we will have a Breno-Demichelis central defense in Barcelona. Van Buyten is still in Belgium and Lucio is rated very doubtfull.

Probable line-up so far:

Rensing - Lell, Breno, Demichelis, Lahm - Van Bommel, Zé Roberto - Schweinsteiger, Ribéry - Podolski, Toni

If you ask me, I rather play with a 4-5-1, with Borowski, and leave Podolski in the bench.

Of course, I rather see Oddo than Lell and I hope to God that Lucio is fit for the game.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubtfull: Lucio.

Injured + not available: Klose and Van Buyten.

Fit again: Altintop.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If we play with Breno we will get the beating of our lifes...
Yes! I want Lucio to be fit, and also, we could try playing Altintop in the RB position. After he played a couple of matches for Turkey in that position, and especially against Brazil he was able to stop the likes of Robihno and Kaka.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Ribery A Doubt For Bayern Munich Clash With Barcelona

Barcelona have been handed a major boost in the build-up to their Champions League clash with Bayern Munich on Wednesday evening after Franck Ribery was declared doubtful for the first leg at the Camp Nou.

Spanish publication Sport reports that the Frenchman, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona in recent weeks, has a foot injury and faces a race to be fit in time for the match with the Catalan giants.

Ribery is not the only Bayern player who is in danger of missing the clash; full-back Philip Lahm is carrying a calf-muscle injury, while central defensive pairing Lucio and Daniel van Buyten are also struggling to be fit.

Lucio had to be replaced in the German side's shock 5-1 defeat at the hands of Wolfsburg yesterday with a muscle strain, while Van Buyten has been granted compassionate leave following personal problems.

Coach Jurgen Klinsmann had to avert talk of a crisis in his post match interview following the humiliating loss.

He said, “The players must know that there will be consequences. Each must account for what is at stake [against Barcelona].”

However, it will be the fitness of the mercurial Ribery that the former German international will be monitoring most closely in the run up to the clash in midweek.

If the team has that many injury problems, then I don't think they stand a chance in Barcelona. I certainly hope they don't play the role of Sporting in their previous series, it's over after the first leg.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
I doubt they will play without Ribery or Lahm. Those players will try everything to become fit for such a match.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bayern's website confirmed that Lahm will play and will take on Messi as a challenge. Also Klinsmann said that Ribery is fine.

In a more positiv news for the squad, Van Buyten returned today to Munich. He will play against Barcelona with Demichelis I suppose. Lucio is 90% sure to miss the game.

By the way, I still think that playing with a 4-5-1 in Camp Nou would be the best option. To play with either Borowski/Ottl in midfield and leave Poldi in the bench.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's important to score a goal or two in Barcelona. If we focus on the 0-0, that will ultimatly screw us since in the last seasons the home ties were the ones that ****ed us up.

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Yes, he will probably play in Camp Nou as a starter.
Has Oddo been crap or, because there is no way a player like Lell should play ahead of him, a former Lazio captain, full international, WC and UCL winner.

Lell is just average at best.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has Oddo been crap or, because there is no way a player like Lell should play ahead of him, a former Lazio captain, full international, WC and UCL winner.

Lell is just average at best.
Oddo has been crap since he arrived. The guy can defend alright, but he cant attack. Thats the main reason I'd like him to play in Camp Nou, beacuse he can defend and Lell can't.

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
Oddo can't attack? I find that very strange, his crossing was usually very good, he used to be such an offensive full back :rollani:

How Breno and Demichelis and even Van Bommel cope will be crucial.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
Oddo used to be known for his ability coming forward. His crossing used to be very good, but in the latter stages of his time at Milan his performance dropped a lot. It's a shame that he seems to have not regained his old form, especially since decent crosses into the box is something that Bayern can really capitalise on.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
van Buyten left for Belgium again. It is unlikely that he will return on Wednesday, however still slim chance for it.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shit, that means Breno will start. May Rensing have an excellent day, such as the one he had on Milan against AC Milan a couple of seasons ago.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts