Diaby - - - Cesc

Nasri - - - - - - - Arshavin

Bendtner

:fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gallas has the type of injury that can clear up in two days or two months, hopefully for us it will be very short-term. I hope he can make this game. If not, Campbell starts.

Wenger will probably go for the line-up I posted, although I would personally go for:

Song - Diaby

Nasri -- Cesc -- Rosicky

Arshavin​

In an open game, that line-up would be fantastic. Just pure technique and creativity. I would love to see who would have more possession then.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Hopefully Gallas is back for this game because I think Sol could get potentially raped in this contest. There's no way that Arsenal are going to go through by playing cautious, because this team has basically zero ability in defending as a unit for long stretches in games.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
we are going to get fck'd up....!

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Hopefully Gallas is back for this game because I think Sol could get potentially raped in this contest. There's no way that Arsenal are going to go through by playing cautious, because this team has basically zero ability in defending as a unit for long stretches in games.
Hard to say as Arsenal hardly ever try to defend in numbers.

All season long we've attacked with 6, 7 and often 8 players bombing forward. May sound crazy but a good old fashion counter attack could be just what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're a great team but people overrate them.

The only time I want to see a counter-attack is following a turnover from them in our own half. No way should we base our game on counter-attacking. We should start Diaby, Cesc, Nasri, Rosicky and Arshavin and show them how we keep the ball and our one-touch football. I would love to see them suffer without the ball.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You just have to love Wenger.

"I believe we will not be favourites, but for me it will be a 50-50 game. That's how we have to take it. Of course they are a good side, so are we."

----------------------------

No fear at all. And rightly so.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Game thread already? Don't you have a league to play in first?:googly: :D

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
They're a great team but people overrate them.

The only time I want to see a counter-attack is following a turnover from them in our own half. No way should we base our game on counter-attacking. We should start Diaby, Cesc, Nasri, Rosicky and Arshavin and show them how we keep the ball and our one-touch football. I would love to see them suffer without the ball.
You just have to love Wenger.

"I believe we will not be favourites, but for me it will be a 50-50 game. That's how we have to take it. Of course they are a good side, so are we."

----------------------------

No fear at all. And rightly so.
This is going to be very embarrassing.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How so?

Neither I or Wenger made any predictions whatsoever.

Your negativity is getting tedious.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
nothing wrong with mo getting behind the team, its that blind love for your team which demonstrates the passion you have for football. yes some of his opinions are far fetched and slightly overconfident (!) but in his eyes arsenal are the team, as they are in mine. so enough of the negativity, and lets start believing we can go through to the semis- up the gunners!!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
its that blind love for your team which demonstrates the passion you have for football
Sorry, this is funny. I love Mo and I say this in the most caring way, but when a person loves Madrid more, then the statement is funny:D

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
People talk about Cesc being the key but our other performers will be absolutely crucial in deciding what happens. Nasri, Diaby, and Arshavin have to have immense games.

I don't want to see Song going up the pitch to help Diaby and Nasri which he has been doing lately because sometimes they lack the courage to penetrate, they have to play all out against Barca. Song must stay back at the halfway line to defend against Barca's midfield.

We have to defend from the front against Barca otherwise there is no hope. Messi is deadly in small spaces and in the box you can bet he will get his shot off.

Thomas Vermaelen is in for the test of his life against Messi because Clichy will get taken out at least a few times this match. Clichy is awesome but Messi will really trouble him I know this.

The best thing for us is Barcelona will attack for sure. That opens up so much possibility for us but we have to be tight and incisive.

But what a contest its going to be. Epic Champions League match in the making.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Sorry, this is funny. I love Mo and I say this in the most caring way, but when a person loves Madrid more, then the statement is funny:D
I used to support two teams as well in 2001. Arsenal and Milan. But I think monogamous relationship is better for me, choose the one that I love and feel passionate the most. A team that I can support whenever it's up or down. That's what make a proper football fan, I think.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
they'll have more of the ball no doubt, but we'll have more of the tempo, can they live with it is the question? ;)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Will Nasri even play? I know he's had a couple of great games recently but surely it will be Diaby-Cesc-Song in midfield and Nasri will be competing with Walcott and Rosicky for the spot alongside Arshavin and Bendtner in the front three.

·
Registered
15,677 Posts
I hope you guys step it up because this tie could potentially be brilliant. One for any neutral who loves the beautiful game.

1 - 20 of 380 Posts