Xtratime Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=26614.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=26618.html

Hope that Partizan don't draw against Hammarby. From all their potential opponents they play in the strongest league, and will be quite far into their season by the time those matches will be played. Might give them an extra advantage fitness-wise. Most of the other clubs are unknown to me so it's hard to say anything usefull, but I'm expecting Partizan to be able to knock any of them out.

If they make it to the third round I'm expecting things will be a little harder for them. Some of the teams seeded in that round wouldn't look out of place in a Champions League Semi Final.

As far as the UEFA Cup is concerned I expect Zvezda to qualify for it, though I'm not sure how to rate Sartid. They did ok in the Intertoto Cup last season, and if they'll strenghten their team over the summer they might make it to the UEFA Cup after all this time.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Also Obilic are facing Haka in the intertoto cup, if they get through they will face Fulham.

Zvezda should qualify, I don't if partizan will because there will be some big boys in 3rd round like Man Utd, Barca, Inter and AC Milan. Hope they do get through as it would be great for Yugoslav football for one of our teams to get through the closest that one of our teams has got was Zvezda againt Kyiev which we got knocked out on away goals which we should have won. If we had made it through we would have been in the same group as my other team Man Utd.

i hope all our teams do well especially Zvezda and even Partizan.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I have to admit, I'm not so convinced that our teams will do well.:depress:

I dont know how many years it will take to create another generation Red Star '90 & '91. When that happens, we'll know it:)

In the mean time, Sartid, Partizan, Red Star & Obilic should use this opportunity to play smart & progress as far as possible, for the benefit of all.

Go guys:) :proud:

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Aca is right, I don't think Red Star can go further than the quarters or semis this year..:(

:D

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
OK, I just read that thread "FK Crvena Zvezda Reinforces", and now that I know we have the superstar Krivokapic in our team, I think the final is achievable..

I mean, when you think about it, it's not that hard, all we need to do is beat the teams we meet in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round, and then win the quarter and semi finals..:)

Quite simple, it's not really rocket science....:D

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
No, I meant UEFA cup..

Unfortunately, we are going to have to wait for Champions League till next year..:)

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
the uefa cup is unpredictable, so you never know.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I must have jinxed them...

Hammarby IF FF (SWE) v FK Partizan (YUG)

FC Kairat Almaty (KHZ) v FK Crvena Zvezda (YUG)
Bangor City FC (WAL) v FK Sartid (YUG)

Tough match for Partizan, after the Rapid debacle my faith in them against semi-decent European opposition isn't exactly sky-high.

Zvezda will win and I expect Sartid to do the same. Last year they eliminated Dundee and I rate the Welsh league a lot lower than the Scottish one.

Full draws here and here.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
So far so good, it doesn't look to bad, and as for Partizan, maybe they need a challenge to prove that they deserve to be in the CL ;)

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Red Star and Sartid confident of Uefa progress

Friday 21st June 2002

Red Star Belgrade and Sartid Smederevo were both confident of progressing in the Uefa Cup after the qualifying round draw on Friday pitted them against Kairat Almaty of Kazakhstan and Bangor City of Wales respectively.

"We are entering a new season with a young team and lot of new players," a Red Star spokesman told onefootball.com. "It is good that we won't be playing against a big-name side in the first round.

"Our young team needs self-confidence, and this is gained by victories. I am certain that we are going to qualify for the first round of the Uefa Cup."

Sartid impressed in their first season in Europe last term, beating Dundee before bowing out to 1860 Munich and captain Goran Bogdanovic has prolonged his playing career to help his side in their European campaign.

"This is our second European year," Bogdanovic told onefootball.com. "Last year we were the big surprise in the Intertoto Cup, especially in Scotland. Now we are up against Bangor City and I am convinced that the outcome will be again suitable for us."

Well, they are confident, but hopefully not too confident...

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
BJEKOVIC: "NIJE MOGLO TEZE ..."

Direktor crno-belih, Nenad Bjekovic u izjavi za B92 izrazio je nezadovoljstvo zrebom, ali i nadu da Partizan moze da prodje Hamarbi:

"Jasno nam je o kakvom se protivniku radi, ime nije toliko zvucno, ali u pitanju je sampion Svedske i svima nam je jasno da smo dobili najtezeg moguceg protivnika. To nismo ocekivali jer smo se nadali lakim protivnicima, takoreci rivalima za zagrevanje pred ozbiljnije meceve. Medjutim, tu smo gde smo. Imacemo velikih problema, ali nadam se najboljem i ocekujem da cemo se kvalifikovati u sledece kolo".

C'mmon, where's the confidence??:confused:

The dates are 31st July & 7th August.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.