Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A win or a draw in Istanbul and we are set fair in the group. Even a defeat would not be disastrous with two home games remaining but it would be good to go on a run.

The main questions before the game are whether certain players will be back fit and how will Wenger set up the team. Very good chance that he will continue with his 4-5-1 policy away in europe with Ade ploughing alone upfront with occasional support from RVP.

Fenerbahce had a good run last year but there aren't many positive noises coming from their posters on here but they have players that can hurt you and may rise to the occasion. Their biggest game in the CL so far this season. Must be respected.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
I'll be happy with a draw here. Of course I would like to see us going 4/4/2 but if we take our chances we should win this.

Prediction 0-1

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
We almost had our sixth defeat in eight league games yesterday. So if you have trouble predicting who will win this game. Just think of us as Tottenham :D

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Have we ever beaten a Turkish club?

Hope for a win but I'll take a draw.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
fck i hate playing away. playing dynamo away was some scary sht.

i think we'll pull through a 2-1.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Hopefully 3 points. Will Gallas be back for this game tommorow?
Nope he Toure and Sagna are all MIA.

Possible starting 11

Almunia

Eboue---Silvestre----Djourou-----Clichy

Walcott----Cesc----Denilson----Nasri

RVP----Ade

Bench: Fabianski, Song, Vela, Diaby, Bendtner, Ramsey, Wilshere

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
That line up looks strong, though I would have song instead of Denilson in the middle of the park just to sure things up away from home. Denilson's holding play is a bit suspect at times. All we need is a point and beat them at our place; but we'll be aiming for three :D.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Also I wanted to ask what's up with the ton of stickies in this forum? :pp Place needs a good clean up :lala:

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Fener aren't the same as the Fener of last year apparently, so Arsenal should aim for victory in their approach.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We should be more than capable of beating them. Should is, however, such a fickle word.

·
Registered
42,784 Posts
I wasn't aware of their poor form; more than anything I was dwelling on the intimidating atmosphere that will be awaiting our players, and that perhaps they should be loading something like the Lily Chou-Chou soundtrack onto their iPods to settle themselves...

Oh and I'm surprised Zico has proved so influential in the end as a coach [well done Aurelio... :D].

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
They are only 6 points from top spot in their league, its not so bad. Its always tough playing in Turkey and with 3/4 of our backline missing I would accept a draw.

·
Registered
42,784 Posts
Don't say such things, man :groan:

Nah. Of course, the reality is, comments made on some message board will have zero bearing on the outcome on what transpires on the pitch across the ninety minutes. :) I don't think that made any sense...

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
given fener's crap form if arsenal fails to trash fener I will be shocked

4-0 arsenal
fener will pick up form against us unfortunately. its inevitable if we're playing Eboue on the RW and denilson on the DMF role.

but if we're playing Diaby in DMF and eboue in RB, we could possibly rickroll fenerbahce. but i just dont see it happening

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wenger has said that the defence that finished the game against Everton will start tonight. So Eboue at rightback. Wenger has come to his senses or the stubborn f*cker will say he had to play Eboue there because he had to play Song in centre defence :pp

1 - 20 of 100 Posts