Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1148 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The first "final" of the season. Win or die. We visit Stamford Bridge, the home of Chelsea. We won 2-1 in Barcelona, so I think that it's going to be important to score one goal there, at least. They'll miss Drogba, but it seems that Robben will be ready for this match. Until now, we know that Giuly is injured and Márquez could miss this match too.

We will suffer, that's for sure, but we don't have to fear them. We should try to impose our style, we must try to keep the ball. In this match, the best way to defend is to have the ball. We don't have to go there to defend, because the result is too short and dangerous. We must try to score, if it's possible, soon. We don't have to fear them, we showed that we have talent enough to beat them. If we impose our style, we won't lose.

SOM-HI NOIS! VISCA EL BARÇA I VISCA CATALUNYA!

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
If I were Frank, I would go with this line-up:

Code:
         Maxi   Eto'o

Ronaldinho

Deco   Albertini   Xavi

Sylvinho               Belletti
         Oleguer Puyol

Valdes
If Marquez is really match fit, then play him instead of Oleguer. At half-time change Albertini for Iniesta. I choose Sylvinho, because he is more a winger-type then Gio. I think we can afford playing without real wings, but just using our great offensive backs to create width on the small SB field. I choose for Maxi in the line-up because we all know what he did against Chelski last time. Also I choose for Albertini because I trust in his experience, rather than the shaky Iniesta, who seems to choke in front of the goal.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Say It

Weigh it

Listen to the sound of it

Barca

Chelsea

Barca

Chelsea

Barca

Chelsea

Hmmm

Barca sounds so much better
so much bigger
so much more attractive
so much more skilled
:D

Barca Barca Barca

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Me and my dreams again: I had one that we went on to win the CL against CSKA Moscow (wtf? They're not even it) and Gerard, of all people, scored a hat-trick from headers. Yes, pretty weird but the main message is there. We will win the CL :D

Ok, on a more serious note. I think this game will actually be a football game this time around, because Chelsea need to come out and attack. IMO, if we score the first goal then we will win the tie. Simple as that. If they score the first one, they will go back to their shell and it'll be hell all over again.
Since Chelsea will come out looking for the goal, it'll leave us more open space and we can impose our style onto the game. Unless Mourinho takes a huge risk and plays defensive for like 70 mins and then tries to score a goal and hold on to it for whatever time is left. But I doubt that'll happen.

I predict a 1-1 draw with us moving on. (Although I'm tempted to say another 2-1 for us. That's if we score first.)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think whoever scores first will win the tie. If Chelsea score, then I'm pretty sure they will settle for the 1-0 and if Barça score first, then Chelsea will have to push up a lot, which doesn't suit their style at all.

Márquez's fitness is a real worry - watching Gerard or Albertini start on Tuesday will send shivers down my spine :depress: Lets hope Ronaldinho actually does something, because we need him in these kind of games.

To be honest, I think playing away in the second leg will go in our favour. After all, no matter how Chelsea play, being a goal down from the start will always linger on their minds and we have to take advantage of that.

And Robben's fitness will be crucial for Chelsea. I really hope he doesn't play, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: Great minds think alike, Barca 4 Life :)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Barca 4 Life said:
Me and my dreams again: I had one that we went on to win the CL against CSKA Moscow (wtf? They're not even it) and Gerard, of all people, scored a hat-trick from headers. Yes, pretty weird but the main message is there. We will win the CL :D
I think the message is you are on a serious drug trip. :sleepy: :googly:

:D

I'm just playing, bro, you're alright. :thmbup:

On a serious note, Marquez's fitness is vital. In this game Chelsea will attack obviously because they need to. We'll need someone in central midfield to block Lampard, since a lot of Chelsea's offensive stuff goes through him. If only Edmilson was fit. :moan:

Robben also has a small chance to play, and that might cause us a lot of problems, although he won't be 100% fit if he does play. We really should look to score first, and then if we do we should look to score again.

Since Drogba isn't playing, and assuming Robben doesn't play, I think we'll get a 2-2 draw and scrape through. But it all depends on us scoring first, I think. It would take a HUGE effort for us to go through if Chelsea score first.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Edit: Great minds think alike, Barca 4 Life :)
:thumbsup:

ViscaBarcaInter said:
I think the message is you are on a serious drug trip. :googly:
Coincidentally, I had been expirementing the night before :D
But hey, dreams are always a bit weird.

Oh and I agree with both of you, Marquez's fitness will be vital. I, too, cringe when thinking about Gerard/Albertini having to stop Lampard. I don't trust in them. I'm hoping that Rafa makes it. If not, then we'll have to pray that Gerard/Albertini have the game of their life.

I'm not that worried about Robben because even if he's back, which is still unlikely, he won't be anywhere near 100%. Either way, I don't wanna hear the "Robben wasn't playing" excuses.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
For those of you in the USA that don't have access to ESPN International or ESPN Deportes, the game will be broadcasted by ESPN 2 live. Enjoy:cool:

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
barça said:
For those of you in the USA that don't have access to ESPN International or ESPN Deportes, the game will be broadcasted by ESPN 2 live. Enjoy:cool:
Yea, I was ecstatic when I found out. Nothing better than watching Barça play live.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ViscaBarcaInter said:
On a serious note, Marquez's fitness is vital. In this game Chelsea will attack obviously because they need to. We'll need someone in central midfield to block Lampard, since a lot of Chelsea's offensive stuff goes through him. If only Edmilson was fit. :moan:

Robben also has a small chance to play, and that might cause us a lot of problems, although he won't be 100% fit if he does play. We really should look to score first, and then if we do we should look to score again.

Since Drogba isn't playing, and assuming Robben doesn't play, I think we'll get a 2-2 draw and scrape through. But it all depends on us scoring first, I think. It would take a HUGE effort for us to go through if Chelsea score first.
I really hope that Marquez is fit, although it seems that the doubt is big. Tomorrow, he'll do some medical tests... He's the most in form player lately, it would be a huge loss. I don't trust in Gerard nor Albertini.

About Robben... I doubt that he's 100% fit, maybe our fullback should "test" his ankle to see how fit it is, you know, Bilardo tactics... :pp just joking

·
Registered
841 Posts
Wow what an exciting game, but I know we will do it. It won't be easy, don't get me wrong, but the players have been living for a big tie like this. Who is Lampard, Gudjohnsen, Terry, and Duff compared to players like Eto'o, Xavi, Deco, Puyol, and need I remind you...... RONALDINHO.

He has not been playing well recently but mark my words when I say he will change the outcome of this game. My theory is that he has been building up, waiting for a game like this to wow the football world again.

Why is it we haven't seen the immortal flip-flap (elastico) from him at all this season? He has been saving it for an occasion like this. Xavi will have a big game too.

But as I said, it won't be easy. 1-1 I think. Either way, we will go through.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
I don't think we'll see Robben play much at all. He might be a sub off the bench in the 2nd half if Chelsea need a goal. Double fracture in the foot is a tough injury, and I doubt he'll be fully match fit. He'll probably play a more "emergency" role.

I really hope Marquez will be ready. Albertini and Gerard can't really stay with Lampard. We need a solid DM presence. Huge game for Ronaldinho. If he can assert himself, we'll go through easily.

1 - 20 of 1148 Posts